Sep 18, 2010
✟886,048.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ah, so repentance only works for poor people, I see.

Doesn't repentance mean to also make effort to correct what you have done wrong? Pay back what you have taken etc.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ah, so repentance only works for poor people, I see.

He does have a bit of a point concerning Benny Hinn.

Since Benny Hinn cheated people of their money, he has to make ammends with the "stolen" wealth if he is genuinely repenting.

If he couldn't literally return them to the people who donated, tithed to him, he can at least gave back those wealth to poor people, charities, foundations, etc.

He has to give up the jet and the mansion. Stolen wealth must go.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If God demands him to give up everything is one thing but for you to demand it is not quite right to me. I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot if you would be so righteous. To much judgment in this thread.

• Agree
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Since Benny Hinn cheated people of their money, he has to make ammends with the "stolen" wealth if he is genuinely repenting.

If he couldn't literally return them to the people who donated, tithed to him, he can at least gave back those wealth to poor people, charities, foundations, etc.

How do you know he hasn't? Have you checked his books? What's that bible verse about giving quietly so no one hears you bragging. My version.:)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How do you know he hasn't? Have you checked his books? What's that bible verse about giving quietly so no one hears you bragging. My version.:)

He is making amends. That's nothing to brag about.

Why did you think someone could brag about it? It never crossed my mind.

• Agree
Reactions: ajcarey
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If God demands him to give up everything is one thing but for you to demand it is not quite right to me. I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot if you would be so righteous. To much judgment in this thread.

I'm not demanding anything.

These things are already taught in the Bible.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,048.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I fully agree with you about the importance of making amends. I'm not judging Benny Hinn because I don't exacly know what he is doing with his wealth, or why he is doing what he is doing. It's between him and God.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
seems like this guy is reinventing himself and changing his strategy rather than repenting.

so now he's gonna preach his false doctrines for free? he knows his followers are gonna give him money anyway even without the $1000 prayer lines.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

We don't have to check the books. He is in the public eye. Nothing yet in the news media about his giving up of his wealth. He didn't even say that he would do that. So if he didn't say it, why would he do so? He also conning people to get money out of them. He pretends to heal people when there is no evidence of it by medical doctors. Someone on the inside said that what he does is not real. In short, did he confess of his life as a con artist? No. See, that is where repentance starts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

A life of minimalism and living in a way that is a lot more modest (whereby somebody would no classify them as rich) is where his life should begin with Christ. He should live within his basic needs. He should also deeply apologize for lying to people so as to get money from them, as well. If not, he has not repented.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Better late than never.

This right here is why we must be so careful to label people "false" or anything like that, people in the public eye can grow and change just like the rest of us.

Yes,we can all grow and change - even Benny Hinn. But this doesn't mean he wasn't ever false. Benny Hinn has been pretty much the most egregiously-false Prosperity Gospel preacher out there. He has greatly deserved the criticism and condemnation his terrible conduct and preaching has garnered. Will his change involve restitution, do you think? I very much doubt it. He won't be returning to anyone the money he has managed to fleece off of them. As I watched the video clip where he shares his change of perspective, I couldn't help noticing how much of a show he was making of having doing so, how eager he was to surprise and stun his audience with his shift of view. I suspect Benny has not undergone any significant transformation of mind and heart. He is well-hardened, I think, into his charlatan ways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I watched the video finally. He said miracles are not for sale. Problem is. His ministry did not produce any verifiable miracles that are confirmed by doctors. He said prosperity is not for sale. Little does he realize 1 Timothy 6:9-11 condemns chasing after riches and it instead tells us to chase after righteousness. Little does he realize that this passage says that the love of money is the root of all evil; For by some have coveted after, they pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He also said the gospel is not for sale. But is he following Paul's example? Paul said,

"What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel." (1 Corinthians 9:18).

• Agree
Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Methinks he is going to go from taking loudly to taking quietly.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Better late than never.

This right here is why we must be so careful to label people "false" or anything like that, people in the public eye can grow and change just like the rest of us.

A step in the right direction. I believe his nephew Costi Hinn had a lot to do with his move into a different direction though it may just be another deception to fill his coffers. Only God knows Benny's heart.

• Agree
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The judgement you judge with is the way you will be judged. I care about Christians.
I believe it is discernment. God is the only judge. We must discern. If one thinks Benny has fully repented then they have righteously discerned in their own mind. However if one thinks that he has not fully repented unless he makes restitution then this is also righteously discerned in ones own mind.
We have to take into account the depth of Benny Hinn's deception. Many people lost their faith even died because they thought they were healed. Restitution is his second step to repentance IMO. It is not the money it is the deception that led to the loss of faith and death including the second death to individuals who were deceived by him.
Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0