Benny Hinn/Bob Larson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Susan
I'm sorry. :sorry: I only meant to say that in my personal opinion Mr. Hinn was not all he appeared to be.

I'm deeply sorry if I slandered him. However, much of his things have been documented. I know the URL of one such scene involving Suzanne Hinn and Benny Hinn in the Orlando Christian Center, but if I post it I'd most likely run afoul of the moderators. :sorry:

Please, do not dislike me. I didn't mean to declare jihad on anyone, nor do I want to have it declared on my thread. :angel:

Peace :)

I won't dislike you. You seem very sincere. Im sure that you are my Christian sister.
In Christian love

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER
It is possible that he is false, but without proof, you have nothing. All I can see here, is hear say. Nothing more than gossip, unless you can prove it. Someone posted something from Ireland yesterday. I think they called themselves WE CARE MINISTRIES or something similar. Who are they?? The only way to properly expose him, would be to get it on tape, so we can all see. Gossip is no good.

RollinThunder,

Contact the Christian Research Institute and order the audio book version of Hank Hanegraaff's Christianity In Chrisis and you will hear Benny Hinn say what I told you about God destroying all homosexuals with fire. You know what is really sad? The audience applauded when he said this! Rightly did Jesus say that "if a blind man leads a blind man they will both fall into a pit." Sad indeed.

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
i do not know *Benny Hinn* so this is neither for or against him as a man (who am i to decide) nor for or against his minstry ( i hear second hand for both sides- if it is merely denominational division, i have no patience myself) but the statement that Hank uses, that is used here "God destroying all homosexuals with fire." is it possible that this is not quoted out of context? i ask this honestly, and i don't know if we would ever really know for sure, but can we agree that those who do not choose the Life in Christ Jesus, by default will *die* eternally in a lake of fire? (regardless of orientation or *degree* of sin!)
not an attack, merely a thought to ponder ;)
on a second note, the clapping IS terrible IMHO, i personally can not imagine getting jubilant for death and destruction for *most* any reason... moreover i would hope to have a response of sadness at the eternal reality of such a denial of Gods love!

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by marmaladePRO
i do not know *Benny Hinn* so this is neither for or against him as a man (who am i to decide) nor for or against his minstry ( i hear second hand for both sides- if it is merely denominational division, i have no patience myself) but the statement that Hank uses, that is used here "God destroying all homosexuals with fire." is it possible that this is not quoted out of context? i ask this honestly, and i don't know if we would ever really know for sure, but can we agree that those who do not choose the Life in Christ Jesus, by default will *die* eternally in a lake of fire? (regardless of orientation or *degree* of sin!)
on a second note, the clapping IS terrible IMHO, i personally can not imagine getting jubilant for death and destruction for *most* any reason... moreover i would hope to have a response of sadness at the eternal reality of such a denial of Gods love!

Jace,

No, that is not taken out of context. I have heard it numerous times with my own ears and Benny Hinn said exactly what I said which proves he is a false prophet. I am pleased to see that the audience applauding that "prophecy" of his was terrible in your eyes also. Anyone who would cheer over God judging an entire group of people with fire is totally lacking in the love a believer should strive for as expounded in 1Corinthians 13.

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER

I've only watched Benny a few times, mainly because he is not one of my personal favorites, but, when I have watched him, he appeared to be genuine in his love, and he was praising the name of Jesus, and worshipping Him and singing songs to Him. I just don't see how a christian would want to hinder someone who loves the same one we love. Must we all act the same, and praise and worship the same as everyone else?? Maybe that is why God is blessing him so greatly, because he is different and creative?? He seems to have a passion for reaching out to lost souls.

It would be wise to remember that, A house divided against itself shall not stand. He is not our enemy. I fail to see what good this thread will accomplish.

I think this article is very good on this subject. It is by Bob and Gretchen Passantino who wrote it for CRI's Journal in 1992. I think this explains very well a Christian's position and duty on this subject:

"Christians Criticizing Christians: Can It Be Biblical?

by Bob and Gretchen Passantino

Mike Warnke, whose lucrative career careened through four marriages and more than one affair, says God will judge Cornerstone magazine for printing a report disproving his ex-satanic high priest "testimony" and exposing his moral lapses. Healing movement televangelist Benny Hinn says God will attack CRI president Hank Hanegraaff and his family because he criticizes Hinn and his Faith movement colleagues. Lauren Stratford's supporters charge Bob and Gretchen Passantino as agents of Satan because we published evidence that Stratford's best-selling testimony of satanic ritual abuse was false.

When it comes to Christians criticizing Christians, the battle lines are drawn. But are the lines biblical? Is it wrong to publicly evaluate the teachings of a Christian pastor, expose the immorality of a Christian leader, or tell the truth about a popular Christian media figure?

Evangelicals warn people about the false teachings and practices of the cults, which claim compatibility with Christianity and yet deny cardinal Christian doctrine. Our standard is truth and our judge is Scripture. Yet when apologists turn to false teachings within the Christian church, some evangelicals apply a different standard. Frequently heard objections include, "Jesus said it's wrong to judge," and, "Criticism is unloving and divisive." Christians who voice these protests fail their own test — they criticize and judge other Christians for criticizing and judging other Christians. Furthermore, these critics fail to understand that without such scrutiny, Christians are misled into heresy and duped by those whose public ministries promote false teachings and/or hide private immoral behavior. Careful, biblical criticism expresses true Christian love and affords essential safeguards to faith.

Good discernment and moral accountability should be practiced among believers. The Old Testament establishes this pattern. Instructions concerning false prophets in Deuteronomy 13:1-5 assume the prophet arises from the congregation of Israel. People are admonished to banish idolatry from their families: "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend..." (v. 6). Deuteronomy 13 instructs the Israelites how to practice good discernment within their communities: "You must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly." If the community is idolatrous, it must be dealt with publicly (v. 14). Psalm 50:18 states that one who sees a crime and doesn't report it has moral culpability.

The New Testament continues the theme of good discernment within the believing community, most notably when the Bereans test Paul's teachings (Acts 17:11) and the Thessalonians are commanded to test all things (1 Thess. 5:21-22). Judgment is not excluded, but unrighteous judgment is. Jesus declared: "Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment" (John 7:24).

Jesus expelled the money changers from the temple, denounced the Pharisees and scribes, and rebuked the teachers of the Law. He reprimanded Peter in front of the other disciples (Matt. 16:22-23). Paul followed Jesus' example, naming false teachers in the church (2 Tim. 2:14-19) and openly criticizing Peter (Gal. 2:11, 14).

When immorality occurs in the church (Titus 1:15-16), the Bible says to deal with it truthfully and constructively. The procedure for public leaders caught in false teaching or immorality is for them to be rebuked publicly "so that the others may take warning" (1 Tim. 5:20). A congregation member who sins privately against another Christian is not to be exposed publicly unless he (or she) persists in sin, in which case he is to be rebuked before the church and we are to "treat him as you would a pagan or tax collector" (Matt. 18:15-17). Paul followed this procedure concerning the Christian who persisted in sexual immorality (1 Cor. 5:3-12), and affirmed that judgment belongs to the church.

Christian leaders are accountable to God's people, whom the leaders serve, and should be "above reproach," "respectable," and "able to teach" (1 Tim. 3:2). A Christian leader who is a false teacher or immoral should be rebuked to encourage reform (Titus 1:13), and cannot separate his ministry from his life, expecting God to bless his preaching while privately he sins; he is "disqualified for every good work" (vv. 15-16).

Telling the truth about false teaching or immorality in the church corresponds with the ethics and truth which are to characterize the church. The church is the "salt of the earth" and "the light of the world" (Matt. 5:13-14) only if characterized by truthfulness (v. 11) and righteousness (v. 16). The Christian leader has an obligation to "hold firmly the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it" (Titus 1:9). No Christian is happy when false teaching or immorality arises, but we cannot neglect responsibility for doctrinal and moral accountability.

Christians sometimes are uncomfortable with criticism within the church because they assume that public criticism, since it is painful, is also destructive. On the contrary, the "pain" of biblically conducted confrontation produces individual growth (1 Tim. 4:16), encourages others to Christian maturity (1 Tim. 5:19-20), promotes church strength (Eph. 4:15), and preserves the church's reputation in the world (1 Pet. 2:12)."

This article first appeared in the Fall 1992 issue of the Christian Research Journal.

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by marmaladePRO

Jace,

Check this link. It quotes word for word what I told you.

http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/tbn.htm

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
hello apologist,
Thanks for that article. It was good, and I would agree with it. I was never against attacking the false teachings. I am however against attacking hear-say, and rumors or second and third hand information. Have you ever taken a communications class?? Years ago, a teacher put about 12 people in a circle. He then whispered a message to one of them, and told him to pass it on around. By the time it got back to the first guy again, the entire message was different, and he could not believe how it got that messed up. His response was, "WHAT?".

Like I said before, he may be false, but at this point, I'm not passing judgment. Is there any way you can quote his exact words?? I can attack a statement, but not the man who said it - if I have no proof that, he infact said it. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that he did not say it either, just that I'm not sure he said it, and I don't like falling into traps. Good article though, thanks again.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dont know Bob Larson but have heard and seen Benny Hinn preach.

I consider him a brother ie I know he is saved from what he confesses about Jesus.

I praise and thank God for his healing ministry. The last I saw was a black woman who had aids and was "sentenced" to death by doctors. Her friends brought her to a Benny Hinn crusade laid her on a mattress and well, she was healed!

I guess my Pastor sums him up pretty neatly, that brother Hinn's calling is in the healing/evangelism ministry but not so much the teaching part.

anyway, I wouldnt call him a false prophet cos the Bible calls such people wolves. As a born again person, he can't be a wolf and a sheep at the same time. That's the mistake most Christians make, in order to label someone a false prophet, you must be sure first that he is not born again.

also, I wish he wld just be like bro Copeland -- ignore his critics -- and just focus on what he's called to do - preach/evangelise and heal the sick.

Is he perfect of course not, but which brother is??

Upvote 0

Timothy51150

Mar 25, 2002
Kentucky
Visit site
✟195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am new here on this forum, but if might put in my two cents worth.

I have read all the postings on this issue. I personally listen to Benny Hinn. Do I agree with everything he says? No. Does he say some things that according to me are wrong? Yes, but so do alot of other preachers. Does that make him a false prophet? No. That makes him a man who made a mistake. I know of a local preacher in my area who said that Jesus would be come back in 10 years. That was thirty years ago. Was he a false prophet? No. He was a man who was wrong. That is all.

If you read and study the OT. You will find that most of the people God accused of being false prophets were men who where telling falsehoods on purpose for gain or power. Many men say things that they think that God has told them, but maybe he didn't. Does not make them false prophets, just makes them humans who made a mistake.

As far as judging a man by his fruit. Are any of you doing anything better than he is? Have you preached or witnessed to millions? How many countries have you carried the gospel to? Or how many sermons have you preached and not made a mistake in the heat of the moment? I can assure you that as a minister I have made plenty of them.

I wonder how many people the authors of all those articles against Benny Hinn and other TV preachers have brought to the Lord? It is easy to sit and judge what you will say and do when we are sitting at home watching TV. I can tell you from experience that when you are on the battlefield it is a different story.

It really makes no difference to me what you think of Benny Hinn. I would make this same plea for anybody.

Remember if God was to judge you by the same standard you are using, would you pass the test with flying colors or would you be found short.

Tim, a follower of Jesus Christ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.