The Great Pumpkin
Mar 11, 2002
Missouri
✟760.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't care for either, but I can stand Bob Larson more.

BTW - I've often wondered about the healings done by prayer done on Hinn's show. The show isn't live (the ones I've seen) so when he is saying someone is being healed right now of a leg injury (for example) is this when Hinn is praying or when it is televised? Also does someone else get healed when it is rerun a few hours later?

Upvote 0

Jesusong

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟2,328.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Can't really give a comment on Benny. Never really listened to him, and any info about him are all from secondary sources.

Bob Larson - Listened to him alot when I was new in the faith (over 20 years ago), but I stopped listening to him when he became too sensationalistic. One thing that really turned me off was, there was a caller who would regularly call to argue with him. One day he was on and bob asked him why he called, & the caller responded saying that he didn't call but that his staff called him cause the phone lines were pretty slow that afternoon. That caught Bob off guard and it was noticeable over the air and it took awhile for Bob to get past that and gloss over it. And the Satanic ritual abuse stuff he had going was just too much. So I've stopped listening to him. Although just last year I heard him on the radio (I think it was last year, maybe two) and he was doing some pretty off the wall stuff about deliverance & healing the inner child.

Well that's my view of Bob Larson

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was not appointed to judge, nor is it one of the gifts of the spirit. First take the log out of your own eye, then you will be able to help your brother get the speck out of his eye. No offense sister, but I say this to remind us to be very careful, so as not to divide the brethren. We should recognize them by their fruit, not whether or not we like their style.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Josh

And I think the point of this thread is to point out that their fruit sucks.

Hello Josh,
Well I guess you must know these two men really well then, right?? Have you even spoken to either one of them personally?? Or are you another one who bases his opinion on what the liberal media tries to shove down our throats??

Don't get me wrong, I am not against you. It is possible that you know something that the rest of us don't. But, if their fruit is no good, then please explain why. Are you against healing?? Are you against praising our Lord, or teaching?? I have seen no bad fruit, but I don't know them personally. I have seen Benny Hinn on tv, and I will admit that I know nothing about Bob Larson. What evil have they done??

I'm not taking their side either, but if you have no proof, then it is only gossip.

Upvote 0

Debbie

Dec 11, 2001
Visit site
✟1,142.00
We are not to judge anyone's salvation, & that is not what is going on here. We are instructed to test the spirits. We are instructed in scripture to beware of false prophets. Yes we are to check their fruits, but since we do not know the results of their actions because they are not consistently in our community, we cannot judge much of their fruit. Therefore we have to discern whether they are false prophets by other biblical methods.
Every preacher should be tested, "lest even the elect be decieved." Therefore, when a preacher objects to being put to the biblical test, he is suspect immediately. Any real Christian preacher should tell us that we are to discern every preacher.
Being slain in the spirit, such as what Benny Hinn does to the congregation, is not biblical. Jesus Christ did not do this in His ministry. Not even once. When someone bent down /bowed to HIm, he told them every time to stand up. No one was slain in the Spirit in Christ's ministry, so it was not commonplace. Yet it is commonplace in HInn's ministry. Thus, he has added to scripture, & his ministry goes beyond Jesus' ministry. This is not biblical.
AS for Mr. Larson, he sees demon oppression the same as demon possession. People who are oppressed by demons do not need to be exorcised, but that is my view & hardly no one agrees with me. But I havnt done much biblical research on this, but I have not yet found anyone who is oppressed to be delivered from demons in the Bible. They were all possessed. But if someone else has done more research & please enlighten me. SO I reserve judgment on Larson being biblical at this point.
Demon oppression is when someone is constantly tempted by demons, outside the body. Possession is the demon dwelling within the person, requiring an exorcism.
I have seen demon possessed people. It is very noticeable. ON Larson's show I saw a boy being delivered with Larson using the boy's father as his assistant. The father didnt know his son was possessed or oppressed-Larson avoided the term altogether. I can assure everyone that if the boy was possessed, his father would have noticed.
So I have seen 2 tv shows of him exorcising demons. Neither people look possessed , because I have seen possession. My only conclusion is that it is the power of suggestion. He teaches a class that if you have ever been abused or neglected or abandoned, you probably have a demon in you. (notice- oppression or possession is not mentioned.) If people believe this, I suppose it helps them to have an exorcism, but I don't at this point see BIblical evidence for Jesus exorcising someone who was oppressed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A critical spirit is not from G-d.Espeacially when it is criticising leaders in the Christian church. Don't try to justify being critical with the claim of trying to test the spirits or being biblical.
I will not attempt to justify their ministries to you as that would only affirm that you have a right to judge and criticise which you don't.
The scriptures refered to about fruit are about recognising false prophets not about correcting Christian ministers of the gospel of Christ.It is found in Matthew 7 soon after the passage about not judging and removing the beam in your own eye.
Using passages which deal with false prophets to validate your being the judge of Christian ministries is wrong.

Upvote 0

Josh

Indeed.
Dec 10, 2001
✟919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A critical spirit is not from G-d.Espeacially when it is criticising leaders in the Christian church. Don't try to justify being critical with the claim of trying to test the spirits or being biblical.
Being critical is a necessity.

The scriptures refered to about fruit are about recognising false prophets not about correcting Christian ministers of the gospel of Christ.
Ministering false religion does not qualify somebody as being a minister of the gospel of Christ.

Observing fruits and observing the fact that they are false and should be avoided is not what the log/plank verse is talking about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello Bananaman,
I like your response. I also like the second one, short and sweet. Even I could stand to take some lessons from you on that.

Hello Debbie,
You said that no one ever agrees with you. Well I was in agreement several times with you in other threads, but not always. It is very hard to find a perfect match to ones ideas, when the subject is the bible. It is the most read book on the face of the earth, unfortunately it is also the most misunderstood. No matter how much you know, or think you know, there is always gonna be someone that knows more.

But I found another scripture that I believe applies to this subject.
Mark 9:38-40 - "Teacher", John said "We saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us." (39) "Do not stop him", Jesus said. "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me,(40) for whoever is not against us is for us."

I've only watched Benny a few times, mainly because he is not one of my personal favorites, but, when I have watched him, he appeared to be genuine in his love, and he was praising the name of Jesus, and worshipping Him and singing songs to Him. I just don't see how a christian would want to hinder someone who loves the same one we love. Must we all act the same, and praise and worship the same as everyone else?? Maybe that is why God is blessing him so greatly, because he is different and creative?? He seems to have a passion for reaching out to lost souls.

It would be wise to remember that, A house divided against itself shall not stand. He is not our enemy. I fail to see what good this thread will accomplish.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by StogusMaximus
I don't care for either one, and I won't watch either one. They have both said and done things that I do not agree with.

Hello StogusMaximus,
There is nothing wrong with that choice. It would be a wise decision, and proper. No damage there, no division. Not agreeing is okay, but falsely accusing is not, not without any proof. I too have many that I have no interest in, and some are even boring. I have also seen wolves who wear sheeps clothing. More often than not, they are serving the mighty buck. Money is their God. Good choice Stogie.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.