• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Ben Carson endorses Trump ahead of Florida GOP primary

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Sojourner1, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Sojourner1

Sojourner1 Following my Shepherd Supporter

+4,226
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Look Up

Look Up "What is unseen is eternal"

+166
    Presbyterian
    Married
    I can only suppose Carson has resigned himself early to a supposed Trump win of the Republican nomination and that his endorsement constitutes an anti-Democrat, "holding-one's-nose" sort of favor. Yet if that is the case, it harms lagging Republican candidates Cruz and Rubio with whom Carson on the whole would seem to have more in common.

3. Sojourner1

Sojourner1 Following my Shepherd Supporter

+4,226
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    He definitely had more in common with Cruz and Rubio, which is why his endorsement is so surprising to me.

4. drstevej

drstevej Light Attracts Bugs Staff Member Chaplain Supporter

+23,928
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    He may think Trump is the best shot against Hillary.

5. Kersh

Kersh Well-Known Member

+384
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Any respect I had for Ben Carson just evaporated.

6. HannahT

HannahT Newbie Supporter

+2,093
    Christian
    Married
    I was honestly shocked when I heard.

7. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+6,043
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    He does, as he explained in a subsequent interview:

8. HarvestTheFields

HarvestTheFields Great White North

+309
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    It seems like people who value publicity, such as Carson (selling books), Palin, and various celebrities, are the ones who endorse Trump.

It's interesting how nearly all the radio personalities have endorsed Cruz. What do you think is the reason for this?

9. farout

farout Standing firm for Christ

+851
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican

Carson said he wants to prevent a brokered convention, that is why he stands with Mr. Trump.

I believe everyone has the responsibility to think about whom ever they feel will best allow our country to move in a better and more open way than it is now.

I am seriously wondering how I can support Trump even if he is elected as the Republican person to go against who ever has the Democrat ticket winner. I will never vote democrat. That for me would mean I would vote for a third party, or vote for Trump, which he represents many aspects that I consider to be hedonistic. I consider Trump to be a chauvinistic pig. Trump is many things I taught my son not to be, trump is not a gentleman!