Believing in the gospel saves. (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4)

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Enduring in your faith throughout your life. What else could it possibly mean? Seems straight forward.
Do you also believe that there is more than one of Jesus' gospels? I believe Paul and Peter taught what it means to call on the name of the Lord. The first time this phrase was used in Acts, those that heard it did not understand what the apostle Peter meant by calling on the name of the Lord. Many believers in Jesus have different ideas what this means. I believe I know what calling on the name of the Lord is. It is not what many think it is.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you also believe that there is more than one of Jesus' gospels? I believe Paul and Peter taught what it means to call on the name of the Lord. The first time this phrase was used in Acts, those that heard it did not understand what the apostle Peter meant by calling on the name of the Lord. Many believers in Jesus have different ideas what this means. I believe I know what calling on the name of the Lord is. It is not what many think it is.
I have seen a variety of gospels, a variety of interpretations. Yet the gospel has been defined by the apostles.

1 John 2:3
By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.

1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.

1 Corinthians 15:1-2
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

John 3:18
He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joel 2:32
And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the Lord Will be delivered.

Acts 2:21
And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Romans 10:13
For whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.

The gospel is a simple affair.

Reactions: Titus Dorn
Upvote 0

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have seen a variety of gospels, a variety of interpretations. Yet the gospel has been defined by the apostles.

1 John 2:3
By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.

1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.

1 Corinthians 15:1-2
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

John 3:18
He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joel 2:32
And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the Lord Will be delivered.

Acts 2:21
And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Romans 10:13
For whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.

The gospel is a simple affair.
I'll take that as ONE gospel, Epheasians 4:5 Amen, Amen, Amen! Are you interested in what I believe to be the Biblical teaching of what calling on the name of the Lord is?

Friend, it's late in Indiana. If you would like to hear my beliefs I'll post tomorrow. I am very pleased that you, I'm assuming your an aussie, are a man of Faith. You are the first Australian that I have spoken to, with the exception of an Australian women who was a flake(her beliefs were illogical) that is not an atheist. You Sir, give me hope for Australians. I have little hope for the future of most all of western society including my country. Due to the west turning it's back on the belief in Jesus Himself as God. In Jesus as the truth, the way, the source for morality.

Upvote 0