Believing in the gospel saves. (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4)

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Cornelius was not saved under Paul's gospel, he was saved under the gospel of the kingdom.

Clues are given in the Acts 10 account

2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

3 He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.

4 And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Prior to the mystery, Gentiles could be included in the Old covenant, but only by joining the nation Israel. That was how Rahab and Ruth were included
Cornelius was not a prosilyte. He was a GENTILE.
How can a gentile be saved by this supposed mixed law of Moses, law of Jesus gospel of the circumcision. When Cornelius was not of the circumcision? This story of Cornelius shows the misinterpretation of your doctrine of dispensationalism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is your interpretation of Jude, which I don't share. Jude was not writing to the Body of Christ, but Israel, anyway.

The gospel of the kingdom will resume again for Israel during the Tribulation, Jesus made that clear, to me at least, in Matthew 24:14
Wrong again, The kingdom is here now! The kingdom and the church is one in the same,
Matthew 16:18-19 And I say unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the KINGDOM of heaven: and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bond in heaven: and whatever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
The keys of the kingdom bind and loose what is on earth(church) and what is in heaven(kingdom). Therefore they are one in the same. The kingdom is the church as Jesus said back long ago that those living at that time, would still be living when His kingdom would come.
Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall NOT TASTE OF DEATH, TILL THEY SEE THE SON OF MAN COMING IN HIS KINGDOM.
Now if the kingdom is not already here then these people Jesus is speaking to are STILL ALIVE TO THIS DAY!!!

Upvote 0

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is your interpretation of Jude, which I don't share. Jude was not writing to the Body of Christ, but Israel, anyway.

The gospel of the kingdom will resume again for Israel during the Tribulation, Jesus made that clear, to me at least, in Matthew 24:14
Very poor interpretation of Jude 3. To Isreal? You must of missed where it says ,of the common SALVATION. There is no other salvation given but what is in the gospel of Jesus Christ, Romans 1:16. And this gospel is COMMON. There was no salvation given to Isreal. Only those in Isreal that obeyed Jesus' gospel were given salvation.
How could it be to come in the future? Resume again? Did you miss, Jude 3 ....earnestly contend for THE FAITH WHICH WAS, WAS, WAS, WAS, ONCE, ONCE, ONCE, DELIVERED UNTO THE SAINTS.

Do you not know that the saints are Christians? No jew that has not been saved by Jesus' gospel is a saint.
1Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified to Christ Jesus, CALLED TO BE SAINTS, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours. Jude is clearly speaking to christians before the Lord returns.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very poor interpretation of Jude 3. To Isreal? You must of missed where it says ,of the common SALVATION. There is no other salvation given but what is in the gospel of Jesus Christ, Romans 1:16. And this gospel is COMMON. There was no salvation given to Isreal. Only those in Isreal that obeyed Jesus' gospel were given salvation.
How could it be to come in the future? Resume again? Did you miss, Jude 3 ....earnestly contend for THE FAITH WHICH WAS, WAS, WAS, WAS, ONCE, ONCE, ONCE, DELIVERED UNTO THE SAINTS.

Do you not know that the saints are Christians? No jew that has not been saved by Jesus' gospel is a saint.
1Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified to Christ Jesus, CALLED TO BE SAINTS, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours. Jude is clearly speaking to christians before the Lord returns.

It will take time for you to understand what does "rightly dividing the word of truth" means.

You are taking all of NT scripture as written to you. Have you ever wondered why you don't do that for OT books like Malachi or Haggai?

It appears to me that the only division you do is for the books before Matthew, and the books after.

Upvote 0

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It will take time for you to understand what does "rightly dividing the word of truth" means.

You are taking all of NT scripture as written to you. Have you ever wondered why you don't do that for OT books like Malachi or Haggai?

It appears to me that the only division you do is for the books before Matthew, and the books after.
Really? Then explain how Jude 3 is not written to the saints? Which are Christians not Jews. And explain how this is to come in the future when it WAS ALREADY DELIVERED ONCE. Are you sure you are not the one who doesn't know who is being spoken too?

I'm still waiting for you to explain how Jews and gentiles in the same local church, example, Corinth heard two gospels when they worshipped together, Hebrews 10:25. Give some scriptural evidence for this. Did it occur?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm still waiting for you to explain how Jews and gentiles in the same local church, example, Corinth heard two gospels when they worshipped together, Hebrews 10:25. Give some scriptural evidence for this. Did it occur?

If I am a Jew living in the days of Acts, and I believe what James and the others are saying in Acts 21:18-25, I will not be seen among the gentiles in the church of Corinth.

I would stick to the gospel of the circumcision that is preached by them.

Putting myself in their shoes, and knowing what I knew at that time period, I would have considered Paul a heretic. Why do you think so many Jews opposed him after Paul left the company of James and the elders in the second half of Acts 21?

You ever asked yourself why none of them from that group, James and the elders, even came to Paul's defense during those times in Acts 22 to 26?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cornelius was not a prosilyte. He was a GENTILE.
How can a gentile be saved by this supposed mixed law of Moses, law of Jesus gospel of the circumcision. When Cornelius was not of the circumcision? This story of Cornelius shows the misinterpretation of your doctrine of dispensationalism.

How do you think Ruth and Rahab were included in the covenant God made with Israel? Its the same way with Cornelius.

If he is not cut off from Israel throughout his life, at his death, he will be in Abraham's bosom.

Upvote 0

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I am a Jew living in the days of Acts, and I believe what James and the others are saying in Acts 21:18-25, I will not be seen among the gentiles in the church of Corinth.

You are giving a perfect example of someone who uses their pre conceived ideas from doctrines they have already believed in to define the scriptures instead of allowing the scriptures to define their doctrine.

I have already shown that Jews and gentiles worshipped together in the church at Corinth. Did you really read all my my posts?

Acts 18:4-6;8-11
And he(Paul) reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath and persuaded THE JEWS AND THE GREEKS.

Now did you catch that? If Paul's gospel is for the uncircumcision, why is Paul teaching both Greeks and Jews the same gospel?
And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ. And when they(jews) opposed themselves and blasphemed, he shook his raiment and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.
If Paul's gospel is for the gentiles, then why are the Jews here, who do not obey the gospel Paul is preaching the ones who have blasphemed and the ones who Paul says let your blood be upon your heads, I AM CLEAN. Paul has done nothing wrong. His gospel is for the Jews but they rejected the true gospel that they were supposed to obey. More proof of this will be seen in the upcoming verses of this chapter. When Jesus Himself comes to Paul in a vision telling Paul he is doing the Lords will.

Your beliefs that the other apostles do not approve of what Paul is preaching when you said,
Putting myself in their shoes, and knowing what I knew at that time period, I would have considered Paul a heretic. Why do you think so many Jews opposed him after Paul left the company of James and the elders in the second half of Acts 21?

You ever asked yourself why none of them from that group, James and the elders, even came to Paul's defense during those times in Acts 22 to 26?
This is not true at all. You do not understand what went on in Acts 21. Nor do you understand that Paul's preaching to the Jews was approved by Jesus and all the other apostles.
Acts 18:8-11 (continued)
And Crispus the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed and were baptized.

Here you have A JEW WHO HAS HEARD THE GOSPEL FROM PAUL'S PREACHING, CRISPUS AND HIS HOUSEHOLD. OBEYS THE GOSPEL PAUL PREACHED!! And this was also PREACHED BY PAUL TO GENTILES HERE WITH CRISPUS AND THE GENTILES ALSO OBEY THE GOSPEL!!! Also you claimed BAPTISM IS NOT FOR THE GENTILES BUT HERE YOU HAVE GENTILES BEING BAPTIZED AFTER HEARING THE GOSPEL PREACHED BY PAUL. This story does not fit your churches doctrines at all.

Now Jesus is also going against what you claim that the other apostles don't support Paul in his preaching the gospel to the Jews. Pay close attention,
Verses 9-11 Then spake the LORD TO PAUL IN THE NIGHT BY A VISION, BE NOT AFRAID BUT SPEAK, AND HOLD NOT THY PEACE: FOR I AM WITH THEE AND NO MAN SHALL SET THEE TO HURT THEE: FOR I HAVE MUCH PEOPLE IN THIS CITY. And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.
Jesus agrees with Paul preaching to the Jews. Therefore the other apostles in Acts 21 also agree with Paul's teaching. You have made a mess of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
You have made a big mistake once again. The church of Corinth was in fact MIXED WITH JEW AND GENTILE CHRISTIANS! Crispus is a jew, he is a member of the church at Corinth! A church that has gentiles!
Now you think Crispus "stays with the gospel of circumcision"? No Sir, THERE IS NO SUCH GOSPEL OF THE CIRCUMCISION!!! Crispus worshipped on the first day of the week at the church in Corinth with GENTILES!
1Corinthians 12:1-2 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren I would not have you ignorant. Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
So your idea that Crispus did not worship with gentiles in the church at Corinth is completely false. You have not rightly divided Gods word.

You have this false doctrinal belief that Jews had the law of circumcision in their gospel. There is no laws of Moses in the gospel of Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are giving a perfect example of someone who uses their pre conceived ideas from doctrines they have already believed in to define the scriptures instead of allowing the scriptures to define their doctrine.

I have already shown that Jews and gentiles worshipped together in the church at Corinth. Did you really read all my my posts?

Acts 18:4-6;8-11
And he(Paul) reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath and persuaded THE JEWS AND THE GREEKS.

Now did you catch that? If Paul's gospel is for the uncircumcision, why is Paul teaching both Greeks and Jews the same gospel?
And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ. And when they(jews) opposed themselves and blasphemed, he shook his raiment and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.
If Paul's gospel is for the gentiles, then why are the Jews here, who do not obey the gospel Paul is preaching the ones who have blasphemed and the ones who Paul says let your blood be upon your heads, I AM CLEAN. Paul has done nothing wrong. His gospel is for the Jews but they rejected the true gospel that they were supposed to obey. More proof of this will be seen in the upcoming verses of this chapter. When Jesus Himself comes to Paul in a vision telling Paul he is doing the Lords will.

Your beliefs that the other apostles do not approve of what Paul is preaching when you said,

This is not true at all. You do not understand what went on in Acts 21. Nor do you understand that Paul's preaching to the Jews was approved by Jesus and all the other apostles.
Acts 18:8-11 (continued)
And Crispus the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed and were baptized.

Here you have A JEW WHO HAS HEARD THE GOSPEL FROM PAUL'S PREACHING, CRISPUS AND HIS HOUSEHOLD. OBEYS THE GOSPEL PAUL PREACHED!! And this was also PREACHED BY PAUL TO GENTILES HERE WITH CRISPUS AND THE GENTILES ALSO OBEY THE GOSPEL!!! Also you claimed BAPTISM IS NOT FOR THE GENTILES BUT HERE YOU HAVE GENTILES BEING BAPTIZED AFTER HEARING THE GOSPEL PREACHED BY PAUL. This story does not fit your churches doctrines at all.

Now Jesus is also going against what you claim that the other apostles don't support Paul in his preaching the gospel to the Jews. Pay close attention,
Verses 9-11 Then spake the LORD TO PAUL IN THE NIGHT BY A VISION, BE NOT AFRAID BUT SPEAK, AND HOLD NOT THY PEACE: FOR I AM WITH THEE AND NO MAN SHALL SET THEE TO HURT THEE: FOR I HAVE MUCH PEOPLE IN THIS CITY. And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.
Jesus agrees with Paul preaching to the Jews. Therefore the other apostles in Acts 21 also agree with Paul's teaching. You have made a mess of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

You have made a big mistake once again. The church of Corinth was in fact MIXED WITH JEW AND GENTILE CHRISTIANS! Crispus is a jew, he is a member of the church at Corinth! A church that has gentiles!
Now you think Crispus "stays with the gospel of circumcision"? No Sir, THERE IS NO SUCH GOSPEL OF THE CIRCUMCISION!!! Crispus worshipped on the first day of the week at the church in Corinth with GENTILES!
1Corinthians 12:1-2 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren I would not have you ignorant. Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
So your idea that Crispus did not worship with gentiles in the church at Corinth is completely false. You have not rightly divided Gods word.

You have this false doctrinal belief that Jews had the law of circumcision in their gospel. There is no laws of Moses in the gospel of Christ.

Well, you are asking me for my views on what went down in the book of Acts, and I shared them with you.

I am not saying you have to agree with them. It is up to you if you want to believe Paul was preaching the exact same gospel as what James and the others were preaching

Upvote 0

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Really? You would have considered Paul a heretic?

Well good thing Jesus did not nor the other apostles in Acts 21.

Why did not Jews support Paul's preaching? I already showed why. They FALSELY ACCUSED PAUL OF TEACHING JEWS NOT TO CIRCUMCISE THEIR CHILDREN.

Paul never taught this but got his bad reputation from the lying Pharisees that hated Paul because they also hated Jesus and His gospel.

There was no circumcision that had to be kept among Jewish converts to Christ.
Have you not read Acts 15?

Acts 15:1-2 And certain men which came down from Judea taught the brethren and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved. When therefore Paul and Barnabas had bo small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain other men, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
None of the apostles taught circumcision to jew or gentile to be a Christian. Only some Pharisees and Jews that had converted to Christ tried to bind the law of Moses on gentile converts to Christ. Not one apostle ever taught that to be saved in the gospel of Jesus Christ did anyone need to be circumcised.

Acts 15:4-11
And when they come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, AND OF THE APOSTLES and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them. But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them and to command them to keep the law of Moses. And the apostles and the elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel and believe. And God which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; and put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Now James is going to speak. He says nothing condemning Paul of any supposed error, teaching the Jews anything that is against Jewish customs.
So where is your claim that the other apostles were against what Paul was teaching to the Jews? James speaks in favor of Paul not against him.
Acts 15:12-13 Then the multitude kept silence and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them. And after they had held there peace, James answered, saying Men and brethren, hearken unto me;
Now read the rest of James' speech. You will find him say NOTHING AGAINST PAUL. If the other apostles were not in support of Paul as you claim in Acts 21. Then why does James support Paul's ministry in Acts 15?

Show me this false allegation you have made that the other apostles like James in Acts 21 did not support Paul? Sir, you claim that the other apostles did not support Pauls's preaching in Acts 22 through 26 is error.

Acts 21 :17;18-20
And when we were come to Jerusalem(Paul) , the BRETHREN RECEIVED US GLADLY.

Why do the other apostles receive Paul glady if they disapprove of his teaching to the jews?
18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the gentiles by his ministry. AND WHEN THEY HEARD IT, THEY GLORIFIED THE LORD AND SAID UNTO HIM, THOU SEEST, BROTHER HOW MANY THOUSANDS OF JEWS THERE ARE WHICH BELIEVE; AND THEY ARE ALL ZEALOUS OF THE LAW;
Not one apostle condems Paul's ministry. Now listen closely in the very next verse who the apostles say does condemn Paul. It is not the apostles but Jews who have brought false allegations against Paul.
21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not circumcise their children, neither to walk after their customs.
Not one apostle made this accusation against Paul.
It was only other Jews like the Pharisees making up this story to hurt Paul and the gospel he was preaching.

So your belief that Paul would have been looked at as a heretic at this time by other apostles. And that other apostles would not come to Paul's defense in chapters 22 through 26 , is poor interpretation of the scriptures on your part.

Rahab and Ruth where not saved by obeying the gospel of Jesus Christ like Cornelius was. They were under THE OLD COVENANT!!! Now you say I dont know when the dispensation occur in the Bible?
Sir, please you clearly do not understand the difference between those who were commanded to obey the law of Moses and those who were commanded to obey the gospel of Jesus Christ. Ruth and Rahab had absolutely nothing to do with how Cornelius was saved. You have not rightly divided the word of God, 2Timothy 2:15.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? You would have considered Paul a heretic?

Well good thing Jesus did not nor the other apostles in Acts 21.

Why did not Jews support Paul's preaching? I already showed why. They FALSELY ACCUSED PAUL OF TEACHING JEWS NOT TO CIRCUMCISE THEIR CHILDREN.

Paul never taught this but got his bad reputation from the lying Pharisees that hated Paul because they also hated Jesus and His gospel.

There was no circumcision that had to be kept among Jewish converts to Christ.
Have you not read Acts 15?

Acts 15:1-2 And certain men which came down from Judea taught the brethren and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved. When therefore Paul and Barnabas had bo small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain other men, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
None of the apostles taught circumcision to jew or gentile to be a Christian. Only some Pharisees and Jews that had converted to Christ tried to bind the law of Moses on gentile converts to Christ. Not one apostle ever taught that to be saved in the gospel of Jesus Christ did anyone need to be circumcised.

Acts 15:4-11
And when they come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, AND OF THE APOSTLES and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them. But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them and to command them to keep the law of Moses. And the apostles and the elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel and believe. And God which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; and put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Now James is going to speak. He says nothing condemning Paul of any supposed error, teaching the Jews anything that is against Jewish customs.
So where is your claim that the other apostles were against what Paul was teaching to the Jews? James speaks in favor of Paul not against him.
Acts 15:12-13 Then the multitude kept silence and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them. And after they had held there peace, James answered, saying Men and brethren, hearken unto me;
Now read the rest of James' speech. You will find him say NOTHING AGAINST PAUL. If the other apostles were not in support of Paul as you claim in Acts 21. Then why does James support Paul's ministry in Acts 15?

Show me this false allegation you have made that the other apostles like James in Acts 21 did not support Paul? Sir, you claim that the other apostles did not support Pauls's preaching in Acts 22 through 26 is error.

Acts 21 :17;18-20
And when we were come to Jerusalem(Paul) , the BRETHREN RECEIVED US GLADLY.

Why do the other apostles receive Paul glady if they disapprove of his teaching to the jews?
18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the gentiles by his ministry. AND WHEN THEY HEARD IT, THEY GLORIFIED THE LORD AND SAID UNTO HIM, THOU SEEST, BROTHER HOW MANY THOUSANDS OF JEWS THERE ARE WHICH BELIEVE; AND THEY ARE ALL ZEALOUS OF THE LAW;
Not one apostle condems Paul's ministry. Now listen closely in the very next verse who the apostles say does condemn Paul. It is not the apostles but Jews who have brought false allegations against Paul.
21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not circumcise their children, neither to walk after their customs.
Not one apostle made this accusation against Paul.
It was only other Jews like the Pharisees making up this story to hurt Paul and the gospel he was preaching.

So your belief that Paul would have been looked at as a heretic at this time by other apostles. And that other apostles would not come to Paul's defense in chapters 22 through 26 , is poor interpretation of the scriptures on your part.

Rahab and Ruth where not saved by obeying the gospel of Jesus Christ like Cornelius was. They were under THE OLD COVENANT!!! Now you say I dont know when the dispensation occur in the Bible?
Sir, please you clearly do not understand the difference between those who were commanded to obey the law of Moses and those who were commanded to obey the gospel of Jesus Christ. Ruth and Rahab had absolutely nothing to do with how Cornelius was saved. You have not rightly divided the word of God, 2Timothy 2:15.

It is generally difficult for one to put himself in the shoes of a Jewish believer during the time in acts. After all, all of are born years after what happened.

If you are open, I can share more, but if you rather not want to understand, we can just agree to disagree.

Upvote 0

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is generally difficult for one to put himself in the shoes of a Jewish believer during the time in acts. After all, all of are born years after what happened.

If you are open, I can share more, but if you rather not want to understand, we can just agree to disagree.
We can agree to disagree on broccoli. But I will never agree to disagree on spiritual matters that will cause one to be saved or lost based on what they believe.
Now, I have already shown you multiple times, your beliefs on the gospel is not scriptural. I know that you are wrong about Jews having their own gospel and gentiles having their own gospel. The first century churches had Christians of both jew and gentile. Jude is written to christians not to believers after the return of Christ.
Cornelius was a gentile. That was taught by the "wrong gospel.
Jesus done away with the law of Moses when He died on the cross,Colossians 2:14. Paul kept customs of the Jews to further spread the gospel and gain access into the temple, synagogue. But would not allow any Jew to bind any of the old law of Moses on any new Christian convert as a matter of salvation.

Ephesians 4:5 ends all confusion on how many gospels, yet you still claim there are two.
You cannot explain away these errors and contradictions in your doctrinal exegesis.
With all this evidence against your interpretation why do you not see your error?

Upvote 0

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course Peter had forfeited his salvation, Peter stood condemned.
Paul was in the right to publicly rebuke Peter for his sin. Sorry, why did you bring up Peter's sin? Also I see you do not believe in once saved always saved.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Paul was in the right to publicly rebuke Peter for his sin. Sorry, why did you bring up Peter's sin? Also I see you do not believe in once saved always saved.
I believe that anyone who calls on the name of the Lord is saved, as the scripture says. If there should come a time when someone no longer calls on the name of the Lord. Then logically, that person is no longer saved.

Acts 2:21
And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.

Reactions: Titus Dorn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can agree to disagree on broccoli. But I will never agree to disagree on spiritual matters that will cause one to be saved or lost based on what they believe.
Now, I have already shown you multiple times, your beliefs on the gospel is not scriptural. I know that you are wrong about Jews having their own gospel and gentiles having their own gospel. The first century churches had Christians of both jew and gentile. Jude is written to christians not to believers after the return of Christ.
Cornelius was a gentile. That was taught by the "wrong gospel.
Jesus done away with the law of Moses when He died on the cross,Colossians 2:14. Paul kept customs of the Jews to further spread the gospel and gain access into the temple, synagogue. But would not allow any Jew to bind any of the old law of Moses on any new Christian convert as a matter of salvation.

Ephesians 4:5 ends all confusion on how many gospels, yet you still claim there are two.
You cannot explain away these errors and contradictions in your doctrinal exegesis.
With all this evidence against your interpretation why do you not see your error?

I would advise, instead of trying so hard to point out errors, express a curiosity to understand why another Christian has a different doctrine from yours.

You would learn more this way.

But of course, if your main aim in participating in bible discussions is to shove your viewpoint into others, then of course, feel free to carry on what you are currently doing.

Upvote 0

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would advise, instead of trying so hard to point out errors, express a curiosity to understand why another Christian has a different doctrine from yours.

You would learn more this way.

But of course, if your main aim in participating in bible discussions is to shove your viewpoint into others, then of course, feel free to carry on what you are currently doing.
That's your assumption. I don't know why he brought up Peter's sin. I wasn't judging his motives because I dont know what they are.

Upvote 0

Titus Dorn

Feb 26, 2021
Freetown
✟21,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe that anyone who calls on the name of the Lord is saved, as the scripture says. If there should come a time when someone no longer calls on the name of the Lord. Then logically, that person is no longer saved.

Acts 2:21
And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.
I too do not believe in the false doctrine that one cannot fall from Gods grace. What do you think calling on the name of the Lord means?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's your assumption. I don't know why he brought up Peter's sin. I wasn't judging his motives because I dont know what they are.

You got the wrong context of my post. The context is your post that I replied to, and not his.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I too do not believe in the false doctrine that one cannot fall from Gods grace. What do you think calling on the name of the Lord means?
Enduring in your faith throughout your life. What else could it possibly mean? Seems straight forward.

Reactions: Titus Dorn
Upvote 0