LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Two notes: I don't want to turn this into some kind of Trump = antisemitic thread. Though I am concerned about some of the things he said regarding "international bankers" which any Jew knows has been code for Jew for at least a hundred years, I want to focus on the rising antisemitism we see rising and how those who harbored it have become emboldened because they believe white nationalists won the election.

If you are a Gentile, I really don't want to hear about Trump's daughter and her husband or anything similar because I'm going to point out that Jews supported Hitler and when the Talmud was put on trial in Russia, it was a Jew who was the leading person arguing against it. I simply reject those arguments. Besides, I care more about the rise of casual and directed antisemitism among white nationalists, not a campaign that dog whistled every so often to whip up those people.

Is there any reason to be concerned about this? My wife is very afraid of what could happen, though I've been trying to stop that. I do think that we're going to see a rise and slight normalization of it though I'm not sure how much. People tell me that white supremacists are a small number of people, but Jews are also a small number of people and history has taught us when things go bad, Jews eventually find themselves under intense targeting. How do you guys feel?

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Is there any reason to be concerned about this? My wife is very afraid of what could happen, though I've been trying to stop that. I do think that we're going to see a rise and slight normalization of it though I'm not sure how much. People tell me that white supremacists are a small number of people, but Jews are also a small number of people and history has taught us when things go bad, Jews eventually find themselves under intense targeting. How do you guys feel?

I'm not worried. The crazies are already out there and I don't think their numbers will increase, nor do I think they are going to be any more active than they are. Laws are not going to be discarded.

I, and many religious Jews I know, voted for Trump. If we thought doing so was going to endanger us, we wouldn't have voted for him.

And to be honest, much of the anti-Israel/Anti-semitic rhetoric comes from the left.

• Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
And to be honest, much of the anti-Israel/Anti-semitic rhetoric comes from the left.

Our friends who have been attacked on social media have been from those claiming to support Trump. Now, our friends are vocal liberals so we're on the other side of them so they might just be lashing out at what they see available, but that's what we're seeing.

We do know Jews who voted Trump. There were some loud arguments.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Our friends who have been attacked on social media have been from those claiming to support Trump. Now, our friends are vocal liberals so we're on the other side of them so they might just be lashing out at what they see available, but that's what we're seeing.

We do know Jews who voted Trump. There were some loud arguments.

I'm not really into the social media thing. I look at the news, where most of the anti-Israel/anti-semitic things I see are on college campuses. I have also spoken to friends who have children in college and they
report the spiel against both, and conversatives, there is incredible.

I have spoken to friends who are into to social media, and they report they are constantly attacked by liberals and anti-Trumpers. I find the whole situation sad.

I thought President Obama has been terrible, and I was dismayed that he was re-elected. Most conservatives were. But we accepted it and didn't go around protesting and rioting.

People on both sides need to get on with their lives. If Trump does a good job, he can be re-elected in four years. If he does poorly, we can vote him out. It's that simple.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The best month I have had in years has been avoiding the Synagogue since Sukkot. I wish politics would stay away but there are always some people that need to tell us who to vote for before the elections and be sore winners/losers afterwards.

Yep, and unfortunately that spreads into other areas of life. People need to keep their opinions to themselves unless asked.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I'm not really into the social media thing. I look at the news, where most of the anti-Israel/anti-semitic things I see are on college campuses. I have also spoken to friends who have children in college and they
report the spiel against both, and conversatives, there is incredible.

I have spoken to friends who are into to social media, and they report they are constantly attacked by liberals and anti-Trumpers. I find the whole situation sad.

I thought President Obama has been terrible, and I was dismayed that he was re-elected. Most conservatives were. But we accepted it and didn't go around protesting and rioting.

People on both sides need to get on with their lives. If Trump does a good job, he can be re-elected in four years. If he does poorly, we can vote him out. It's that simple.

Interesting. I pretty much never see my liberal friends do that. They do some criticism of Israel, though to be fair I do some myself. But I just have never seen it. I also grew up around conservatives that would say I was good for a Jew, so it seems like a weird world.

I'm fine with protesting, not with rioting. We have a right to protest and I figure if you have that right I'm not going to hold it against you if you exercise it.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting. I pretty much never see my liberal friends do that.
I don't see my conservative friends behave that way either. I think it's actually a small minority from either side that just happens to be very vocal.
I'm fine with protesting, not with rioting.
Agreed, peaceful protesting is fine, rioting and interrupting the lives of others is not.

• Agree
Reactions: Aronbengilad
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I don't see my conservative friends behave that way either. I think it's actually a small minority from either side that just happens to be very vocal.

Agreed, peaceful protesting is fine, rioting and interrupting the lives of others is not.

I try to calm my wife. But she does come from a family who was thrown out of Egypt with just the clothes on their backs so they are very sensitive to things. Especially when immigration comes into play.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1956–57_exodus_and_expulsions_from_Egypt

For anybody interested. A lot of that article has the "citation needed" stuff, but I know from talking to her grandparents that that stuff was true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aronbengilad

Reaper of the Field
Jun 2, 2004
Australia
✟545.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Your Attention please
This thread has been reopened after a cleaning of all
posts that were in violation of the SOP.
This forum is for Jewish members only.
Please read the SOP​
Does that include those Jews who are also Catholic like I am or are we excluded?

Reactions: Tishri1
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I'm not Jewish--can I ask a question? I'll ask, and the mods can erase if I'm not allowed.

Hilary was anti-Israel, she was backed by Arab money---Trump is pro-Israel. Does that not make a difference in allaying some of those fears??

• Agree
Reactions: Aronbengilad
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
To say that Hillary was backed by Arab money and ignore all of Donald Trump’s Middle East properties and deals that generate Millions for him is a bit misleading.

Thanks didn't know that. They also have stock in the North Dakota Pipeline, and neither have done a thing to protect the Indian and their treaties.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I'm not Jewish--can I ask a question? I'll ask, and the mods can erase if I'm not allowed.

Hilary was anti-Israel, she was backed by Arab money---Trump is pro-Israel. Does that not make a difference in allaying some of those fears??

Well, I don't think that there's any indication that the Democrats want Israel destroyed or anything. If anti-Israel means opposing some policies Israel has enacted, then I'd be considered anti-Israel as would several of my wife's family members who live in Israel.

I'm more worried about the segment of Trump's supporters who view this as a win for white nationalism and could start going against those who are not white.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well, I don't think that there's any indication that the Democrats want Israel destroyed or anything. If anti-Israel means opposing some policies Israel has enacted, then I'd be considered anti-Israel as would several of my wife's family members who live in Israel.

I'm more worried about the segment of Trump's supporters who view this as a win for white nationalism and could start going against those who are not white.

Not consciously wiped out, but they do seem to have fallen for the Jimmy Carter view of Israel, and are more inclined to support deals that would favor Arab and other anti Israeli countries. It's the supporters of Trump, then , that is of concern. I didn't want either, and I could not vote for I was rather ill---if I could have, it would have been Trump only because he seemed more pro Israel than Hilary. However, all politicians lie and who really knows his heart but God and he certainly will do whatever makes money, mostly for himself. The North Dakota Pipeline is very pro white and what went on there is shameful. Time will tell.

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
I'm not an American, but pretty close to it- a Canadian. I have no idea what may cause the American Jews to feel uneasy to exist under Trump's presidency. Not only is Trump surrounded by Jewish family and advisers, he, even before his candidacy, was an enthusiastic supporter of the Jewish State. He's unabashed Zionist who financially supports many Jewish organizations. I think that the Jewish Americans who feel uneasy about his presidency feel that way for other reasons than race and/or religion.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I think that the Jewish Americans who feel uneasy about his presidency feel that way for other reasons than race and/or religion.

I agree completely!

• Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The best month I have had in years has been avoiding the Synagogue since Sukkot. I wish politics would stay away but there are always some people that need to tell us who to vote for before the elections and be sore winners/losers afterwards.

My advice to Jews living in America would be to seriously consider
leaving the cities and heading to the rural areas if possible.

If.... President Donald Trump is proven to be a political leader
somewhat like ancient King Cyrus of the Medo - Persian Empire
then any Jews who admits to voting for him in 2020 will be in a lot of genuine physical danger from left wing Americans who will not tolerate disagreement over politics.

Another ancient prediction that is happening is that G-d is whistling and calling his people back to eretz Israel. So that is another option that should be considered.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
To say that Hillary was backed by Arab money and ignore all of Donald Trump’s Middle East properties and deals that generate Millions for him is a bit misleading.

I am convinced that President Donald Trump does indeed have some sort of
"Cyrus" style calling on his life. I recently read an e-mail update from the Temple Mount Faithful Movement that verified this idea.

But... ancient King Cyrus was a very flawed and human leader and was destined to have 128 provinces... but missed that opportunity by not fully allowing the G-d of Abraham to help him to not be offended by a Queen in a nearby nation who was ruling her peoples in a highly ethical manner that was a type of the latter day Cyrus style era that is being initiated even now..... (in my opinion anyway).

Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus taught that we Christians tended to be under informed.......
and our lack of understanding of the role of a modern Cyrus political leader will make life difficult for Jews who are not yet living in Israel.

Upvote 0