• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Being bisexual

Theopalcross

Nov 17, 2022
Mulberry
✟16,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
hello everyone ,

i am new to this forum, and i am born again, just recently converted after years of paganism practice.

I have been bisexual since i was 6, but didn't know the name of the sexuality until 14. When i found a page discussing it. I thought i was "home" when i saw i had a name for my sexuality.

but years of fear, turmoil, and SSA, led me to a few nasty relationships and a few broken friendships as a result of SSA from them or me.

Now currently im with my fiancé , Dustin. hes a man and knows i converted to Christianity , he is still pagan however.

He is understanding of me being bisexual, but i have one big problem..

I dream of a girl i used to know and date.. We have sex in the dream and i even sing to her like a siren to bring her to me. And when i kissed her in dream i was happy. Overjoyed.

But when i wake up..

I realize it was a dream, she actually hates me now and blocked me on social media.

And every time i dream of her or girls in general i wake up thinking I'm a lesbian.

This isn't true of course , I'm bisexual. I love women and men.

I love my fiancé. i love him dearly.

But this is a struggle for me. Any Advice?

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
hello everyone ,

i am new to this forum, and i am born again, just recently converted after years of paganism practice.

I have been bisexual since i was 6, but didn't know the name of the sexuality until 14. When i found a page discussing it. I thought i was "home" when i saw i had a name for my sexuality.

but years of fear, turmoil, and SSA, led me to a few nasty relationships and a few broken friendships as a result of SSA from them or me.

Now currently im with my fiancé , Dustin. hes a man and knows i converted to Christianity , he is still pagan however.

He is understanding of me being bisexual, but i have one big problem..

I dream of a girl i used to know and date.. We have sex in the dream and i even sing to her like a siren to bring her to me. And when i kissed her in dream i was happy. Overjoyed.

But when i wake up..

I realize it was a dream, she actually hates me now and blocked me on social media.

And every time i dream of her or girls in general i wake up thinking I'm a lesbian.

This isn't true of course , I'm bisexual. I love women and men.

I love my fiancé. i love him dearly.

But this is a struggle for me. Any Advice?

I can imagine that must be very difficult. I wish I had some great advice, but I don't. What I do know is that God loves you. The Christain life is a journey. I wish it were the case that all our struggles disappeared the instant we begin to trust Christ and follow his way, but they don't. Whatever you do, be gentle with yourself. You will make mistakes, and it takes a long time to bring our thoughts under some semblance of control. One thing that has helped me is realizing that I am not my thoughts. We all have thoughts we would rather not have. For myself, I practice contemplative prayer, which entails letting go of thoughts and focusing on the divine presence. Just learning to let go of thoughts has taught me a lot. I wish you the best in your walk with Christ. God bless you.

Reactions: Gary O'
Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Let me just say welcome back to the faith! I hope you can find rest with God.

I'm also bisexual, at least in the sense that I'm attracted to both men and women, so I know what you're going through. I know what it's like to have feelings for the opposite sex that you're trying to cultivate only to also have same-sex attractions and feel tempted by them as well.

The best advice I can give you is to seriously re-consider your engagement with this man. A Christian should not marry someone outside of the faith. It's not good for the faith of the Christian to be married to someone who isn't one. If he's receptive to Christianity, try and talk to him about it. If not then you may have to make a difficult choice in order to separate yourself from him.

As for the lesbian dreams, try not to pay them much heed. Remember that you cannot control the content of your dreams and that they are only an outpouring of your subconscious mind. While you do have lingering feelings for this woman that was in your life before, if she's cut off contact with you then you'll likely never see her again. So there is no point in dwelling on them, and you should do your best to just let the dreams come and go. It doesn't say anything about who you are. I've had plenty of sexual dreams involving both men and women in the past, and I've just done my best to disregard them.

Upvote 0