• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Being a woman's "first"

Discussion in 'Questions From Singles About Marriage' started by leothelioness, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Messy

Messy Well-Known Member

+1,966
    Christian
    Single
    -

2. Dave-W

Dave-W Our six grandchildren Supporter

+5,625
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    How about a wife who "saves herself" by shutting down her sexual desires and interest; perhaps by making herself angry or physically ill any time the thought or feelings hit?

FYI - those defense mechanisms do not vanish when the "I DOs" are said. They can go on for decades inside the marriage as well.

3. Hetta

Hetta believing the strangest things, loving the alien

+4,602
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Anyone who thinks that their spouse didn't have desire for others prior to meeting them is naïve, to say the least. After all, where did those "years of desire" originate unless they knew their future spouse for all of those years, and that's very unlikely.

4. annafullofgrace

annafullofgrace His blood sets me free.

+32
    Lutheran
    Married
    I agree. Justification means just as if it never happened. We should never be ashamed as Christians. Christ fought our battle and we are made right because of Him.

Leo, you are not weird and you can learn plenty about relationships without having been in one. I encourage dating with a purpose-getting to know someone before giving your heart (and body) away. If I could turn the clocks back and follow my own advice, I would have avoided a lot of heartache. My husband and I started out as friends, we worked together and one day I asked him to lunch. (He actually kept walking back and forth outside my cubicle trying to get the nerve to ask me-I sensed what he was attempting to do and saved him the trouble.) after than we just got to know each other. Things began to build and there was certainly a strong physical attraction, but more than that we enjoyed each other's company, immensely. It was the first relationship that a man didn't put off the vibe of I want you physically and could care less about what you are saying. We became best friends and that lead to a physical relationship, but by that time we were so comfortable with each other, there was no awkwardness.

I'm reading a book now called, For Women Only. I highly recommend. There is also a companion one for men. When my husband is finished with that one, we are going to swap. :)

5. pressingon17

pressingon17 I will forsake it all, for the CALL!

+160
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I was my wife's first everything. Her "lack of experience" has never been a problem and our marriage and love life has been amazing and perfect.

6. DZoolander

DZoolander Regular Member

+800
    Deist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Well, you're also a little young, and as such are not really part of the group we're discussing. We're talking more about people (not just women, as well) who are a little "longer in the tooth".

7. pressingon17

+160
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    The OP is my wife's and mine age I don't see how I'm not in the "age" group.

8. pressingon17

+160
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    My wife had many concerns when we got married and she felt like the OP does. While I regretfully had given everything away to several other people. My wife was hesitant with every aspect of marriage and it took time for her to get used being married life. I was trying to encourage the OP that lack of experience is not a bad thing.

9. DZoolander

+800
    Deist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    When I see 23, I think "Barely over 20" - which to me seems like "Just a kid"

When I see 26, I think "Almost 30" - which I'm far more likely to think of as being an adult.

Could be I'm wrong - lol - but that's how I see it.

10. pressingon17

+160
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    That's understandable. I am still considered a young one I know.

11. leothelioness

leothelioness Liebe ist für alle da

+3,354
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Lol, so I guess I'm officially over the hill now. I had no idea my prime had ended.

12. DZoolander

+800
    Deist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    lol no - but you're approaching more of a "seasoned" age.

13. steflou64

steflou64 Newbie

+7
    Baptist
    Single
    I am a 51 year old never married VIRGIN-have dated/kissed guys but not sex and I am not weird/a loser by ANY means! I am attractive, good morals, 31 years with same company-make $53k yearly. I just refuse to give myself to someone other than my future husband firstly because it is a sin and also women must consider pregnancy, etc!:eek:

14. Messy

Messy Well-Known Member

+1,966
    Christian
    Single
    Good for you. Just accidentily saw this:
    http://www.christianforums.com/t7865994/#post67035119

15. Hetta

Hetta believing the strangest things, loving the alien

+4,602
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Democrat
    No offense, but at 51, you probably don't have to consider pregnancy.

16. steflou64

steflou64 Newbie

+7
    Baptist
    Single
    I haven't been through menopause yet but don't want my own kids (and really prefer theirs be grown if any offspring at all). I want to get sterilized.

17. DZoolander

+800
    Deist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Well, if I were in your boat given your likely close proximity to menopause (and if I were sexually active) - I'd probably consider something like norplant over surgical sterilization. Wouldn't even need to keep it in the whole time.

18. steflou64

steflou64 Newbie

+7
    Baptist
    Single
    Thanks, EZoolander! I am just praying the Lord sends me someone! I am going to do my part-going to a larger church, I am joining christian mingle and christian cafe (my cousin met her 2nd hubby on that and they are still married). I also am going to try to start doing some activities during the week. :clap::clap: