Bedtime Shema

Does anyone know where I can find the bedtime Shema online? I have searched for hours. If it is not online, does anyone have a copy? If it is not too long, would you post it please?

My Rabbi suggested that I pray this before going to bed because I haven't been resting well. I can order the book, but I'd sure like to pray it TONIGHT and get some peaceful sleep :sleep: without Hasatan tormenting me all night! :help:

THANKS!!!

Jun 25, 2003
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
✟9,288.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Shabbat Shalom yielded and still,

I don't know what bedtime Shema is but I do have something else to share with you that might be of help for ya :clap:

Paul's Letter to the Ephesians
6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world's rulers of the darkness of this age, and against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having the utility belt of truth buckled around your waist, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having fitted your feet with the preparation of the Good News of peace; 16 above all, taking up the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the spoken word of God; 18 with all prayer and requests, praying at all times in the Spirit, and being watchful to this end in all perseverance and requests for all the holy ones: 19 on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in opening my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the Good News, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Shabbat Shalom,
Tag

Upvote 0

SonWorshipper

Old Timer
Jan 15, 2002
✟10,769.00
Faith
Messianic
Check this out, it may be what you are looking for. http://www.clalrabbis.net/jliving_unit1.htm

Also I have prayed for both of you to get a restful sleep, filled with rest and not nagging worries of days to come.

Our banner at our Synagogue says,

"Don't worry about tomorrow, G-d is already there.

:)

Blessings and a rest full of Shalom be upon you both tonight.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the prayers and links and scripture. I always put on the Armor of God each morning, and for the last several nights I have put it on as well.

It is not worry about tomorrow... I am being spiritually attacked as I sleep. My dreams are full of demons trying to KILL me. I rebuke, and cast out, and flee all night long. This has been happening for a good week now.

It is a relief to wake up, but I'm so tired from fighting all night long. This is NOT like me at all. I usually have fun dreams! Active and adventuresome, but fun! And not tiring. These nightly battles are wearing me out! I am not afraid, but I am very tired.

Thank you again, and God bless you all.

Upvote 0

SonWorshipper

Old Timer
Jan 15, 2002
✟10,769.00
Faith
Messianic
Eternal Teacher, in this moment, I forgive those who have angered me, who have tried to diminish me, who have acted wrongly against me, concerning my body, my property, my honor, everything. Whether the people involved acted accidentally, willfully, or under the influence of other forces, I forgive everyone, and may no harm come to them from my reasoning.May it be Your will that I refrain from hurtful acts. With mercy, erase my past mistakes, keep me from suffering. May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart find favor before You, God, my Rock and my Redeemer.-- Eliyah Rabbah, 5th century

Upvote 0

SonWorshipper

Old Timer
Jan 15, 2002
✟10,769.00
Faith
Messianic
Blessed are You, God, who lays the bonds of sleep on my eyes, and slumber on my eyelids. May it be Your will, my God, and God of my ancestors, that you lay me down with a sense of peace, so that I will stand again with peace. Allow me to pass over any ideas that confound me, any disturbing dreams, or moments of anxiety. May my bed be peaceful before you. Awaken my eyes so that I do not die in my sleep, for you are the One who enlightens the eye. Blessed are You, the one who gives light to the world with honor.-- Talmud, Berachot 60b

Upvote 0