Because of the recounts, could Hillary end up winning?

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,150,273.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
and given the fact that BOTH houses are Republican and that is NOT at issue and the fact that there could indeed be a split with just eight justices that would not be what they would want.
Yep, I think the Clinton campaign is taking part in the recount purely to ensure they are represented, but Hillary recognises the fact that trump is president. That is unless the electoral college rejects Trump because of how his business interests potentially conflict with the emoluments clause of the constitution.

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That is unless the electoral college rejects Trump because of how his business interests potentially conflict with the emoluments clause of the constitution.

I have already promised here that if someone else than Trump is the president by January, I'll build an altar of freedom with that presidents pic on it, make offerings for the altar and post a picture of that thing on CF. I am confident I won't have to do that.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,150,273.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I have already promised here that if someone else than Trump is the president by January, I'll build an altar of freedom with that presidents pic on it, make offerings for the altar and post a picture of that thing on CF. I am confident I won't have to do that.
Really, what if it's Mike Pence?

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm really hoping you have to build that altar.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is a serious question. With the recounts going on, what if they find the votes in the swing states to overturn Trump's victory? Could the electoral college still put Hillary in the White House? What are the odds?

Months before the general election, each party running a candidate on a state ballot chooses its slate of Electors. They are all party members who are chosen for their loyalty. They're pretty much anonymous, and their names aren't on the ballot. But when the voters pick a Presidential candidate, they are actually choosing that party's slate of electors. So if a recount shows that Hillary won a majority of Wisconsin's votes, and that count is certified by the state, then Democratic Electors will vote for Wisconsin when the EC meets on Dec. 19. And if the recount confirms that Trump won the majority, then Republican Electors will be the one's who vote. Electors in most states can vote for anyone they like, but they virtually always vote for their party's candidate. And the odds that these recounts will change anything are vanishingly small.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
If they did find all these votes that were not counted, I would suggest FRAUD as in there are votes swapped already cast for Trump, and they were destroyed and Clinton ballots substituted.
Pennsylvania has no paper ballots, so that can not happen there.

Looney toons to think anything will change... Stein gets millions to spend on herself.

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm really hoping you have to build that altar.

I am fully confident that we have just seen the beginning of this. By 2020 or so, after a round of European elections, we shall see if the EU is still around for starters. After that's been destroyed and Europe has been put back to it's pre-1940's nationalist and volatile state of existing, the fact-free crew will come up with some new great political agendas to make sure nothing is left of the achievements of the 20th century. Maybe the next thing they will want to dismantle will be the UN? Because, you know, Muslims and conspiracy.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a serious question. With the recounts going on, what if they find the votes in the swing states to overturn Trump's victory? Could the electoral college still put Hillary in the White House? What are the odds?
She does not have any chance at all. If they start looking at the vote Hillary and the Democrats are the ones that are cheating. For example Jerry Brown has Illegal Immigrants voting in California. If they start to go through to see if the people were actually qualified to vote then Hillary simply does not stand a chance. This is just like Al Gore in Florida, they fought over the vote for 6 weeks and in the end Al Gore lost. Even though he really should have won that election but he made to many mistakes like appointing Liberman as vice president. Hillary never really had a chance because she simply is not strong enough and healthy enough to do the job. Even now all she wants to do is read books and take naps. She is not really all that interested in working. She does read magazine articals so she is well informed, but you need to be able to do a days work if you want people to hire you for a job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
This reminds me of Pat McCrory in NC, although in McCrory's case, he's fighting tooth and nail to overturn the results of the election. Clinton is not doing that, I see this a Jill Stein attempting to change her image as a spoiler, it's pretty much a done deal that the Green Party will not get support in the next election.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people just can't accept the fact that they lost.
That is exactly right. If the Democrats had won then Republicans would be working hard to impeach them just like when Bill Clinton was in office. Just like the Democrats worked hard to impeach Nixon when he was in office. The protests were starting to settle down so the trouble makers had to do something to stir things up again. What they should be doing is working with Bernie and Elizabeth Warren to increase the minimum wage and the crises in the health care insurance and the drug epidemic. Clearly Hillary is not interested in doing anything to solve the real issues that the President needs to deal with right now.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If it was at all close the other way I am sure that Republicans would be pointing out the possibility of illegal voters through Motor Voter abuses and other possible methods of flipping an election.

It is a higher possibility of finding that Trump won by an even greater margin than previously reported. Remember, dead people overwhelmingly vote for Democrats.

You were saying?

The right thing to do now is to concentrate on the next congressional election.

And working to undermine Trump administration. For example, by doing things which get him to respond in ways which make him look weak : https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...opular-vote-a-twitter-born-conspiracy-theory/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stop posting baseless lies as fact. This is a lie, you should know better, stop it.
It is a rock solid FACT that Jerry Brown give Drivers License to Illegal Immigrants and he registers them to vote along with that license.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was in Russia, already debunked months ago.
No problem, there are LOTS of YouTube videos on voter fraud, I can get another one. You would have been better off with the one before because it was just a joke to be funny. This one is for real. The biggest worry Democrats have is going to jail for all the laws that they broke during the election.

Upvote 0