Because of the recounts, could Hillary end up winning?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a serious question. With the recounts going on, what if they find the votes in the swing states to overturn Trump's victory? Could the electoral college still put Hillary in the White House? What are the odds?

Still trying to make predictions?

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it does that, but if it does, isn't that just democracy and the will of the people?

I am sure the Trump-team would feel bad if that happened, but then they just have to take their own advice and get over it, right?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not at all. Trying to find the likelihood that Hillary might beat Trump in the end, thanks to Stein.

OK...still seeking to get prophetic predictions from others?
What are the odds that anyone could predict the outcome
of a re-count seeking to find discrepancies in votes that
have already been counted once?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do you think there's something sinister up my sleeve? I just want to know if a recount could reverse the election and what are the odds of that happening?

Who mentioned sinister?

Have you not learned that predictions don't count?

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,154,626.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This is a serious question. With the recounts going on, what if they find the votes in the swing states to overturn Trump's victory? Could the electoral college still put Hillary in the White House? What are the odds?
Slim to none. You will notice Clinton is not the one pressing for it. The more damaging thing will be if recounts in Wisconsin demonstrate electoral fraud through hacking of the machines.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Slim to none. You will notice Clinton is not the one pressing for it. The more damaging thing will be if recounts in Wisconsin demonstrate electoral fraud through hacking of the machines.

As to the OP, Clinton would need to gain all three of those states, not just Wisconsin.

The prospect of electoral fraud through hacking of machines is scary, but I suspect it would not be found in more than one of those states if at all. Voter-suppression issues that are a more likely culprit, but all need to be considered and combated in the future in order to keep elections credible.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,154,626.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
As to the OP, Clinton would need to gain all three of those states, not just Wisconsin.

The prospect of electoral fraud through hacking of machines is scary, but I suspect it would not be found in more than one of those states if at all. Voter-suppression issues that are a more likely culprit, but all need to be considered and combated in the future in order to keep elections credible.
Indeed. The fact is no matter what Clinton would not win. If the recounts ended up going to Hillary, they would be challenged and like in 2000 would go to the supremes. And to Congress if the court splits evenly.

For the democrats it would be like pouring salt on an open wound.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟32,176.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Who mentioned sinister?

Have you not learned that predictions don't count?

What a profoundly unhelpful reply.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship

I know the electorial college is super mysterious to most americans, but i doubt anybody in the electorial college are the type of folks who like... depend on taking the city bus to get around or dont have a photo id. these guys are hand picked by politicians last i knew.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

The odds are implausible. She would have to win in all three states in question and this would amount to a massive voter-rigging operation that would have been highly coordinated, involving hundreds of individuals on the ground, and spanning a time period of several weeks.

Not impossible, but highly implausible. So implausible that the Democratic party itself is not spending a penny toward voter recount.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,154,626.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The odds are implausible. She would have to win in all three states in question and this would amount to a massive voter-rigging operation that would have been highly coordinated, involving hundreds of individuals on the ground, and spanning a time period of several weeks.

Not impossible, but highly implausible. So implausible that the Democratic party itself is not spending a penny toward voter recount.
Correct. And even if true would be challenged all the way to the Supreme Court, and congress. Clinton recognises a lost cause.

As I've said even if the recount found towards Clinton, it would achieve nothing but rub salt into open wounds.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟313,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

As much as I would like there to not be any fraud, it should still be investigated from all angles.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,246,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Between that and the latest reporting regarding Russian hacking, I'm under the impression that what was thought of as a done deal might not be a done deal.

-

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟709,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Somewhere between

None. Not a chance

• Agree
Reactions: sdowney717
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Correct. And even if true would be challenged all the way to the Supreme Court, and congress. Clinton recognises a lost cause.

As I've said even if the recount found towards Clinton, it would achieve nothing but rub salt into open wounds.

Some people just can't accept the fact that they lost. I am more than sure that Democrats are not alone in this sort of behavior. And I should be saying "some Democrats." Most can see that it is a lost cause. If it was at all close the other way I am sure that Republicans would be pointing out the possibility of illegal voters through Motor Voter abuses and other possible methods of flipping an election.

The right thing to do now is to concentrate on the next congressional election. Whenever the power gets a bit "too concentrated" with one party there is usually a reatcion by the people and it show up in congress first. There is a very good chance that the Democrats could flip both houses.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟902,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Indeed. The fact is no matter what Clinton would not win. If the recounts ended up going to Hillary, they would be challenged and like in 2000 would go to the supremes. And to Congress if the court splits evenly.

For the democrats it would be like pouring salt on an open wound.
and given the fact that BOTH houses are Republican and that is NOT at issue and the fact that there could indeed be a split with just eight justices that would not be what they would want.

Upvote 0