Be brave to look at the evidences ! Is Catholicism right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Part 7:

It is the heart-purifying regenerating faith behind baptism (all that we voluntarily choose to do is a result of what we truly believe, at least at the moment) that is counted for righteousness. And which evidences faith, and thus those who will believe and obey are promised salvation, just as those who believe. (Acts 2:38; 10:43; 15:7-9; Titus 3:5; cf. Mk. 7:2-16)

Therefore to think that the above verses teach as "a fact" that Jesus built his Church on Peter, and that is the RCC as the OTC is actually a testimony to ignorance and an abuse Scripture to support false teaching.

7 parts worth skipping to say that Jesus did indeed build His church on the Rock that is Peter. Its there in black and white my old friend.

God bless you

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2019
Ile de France
Visit site
✟15,725.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Humm first of all , I thought Catholics were Christians. Second, I have a very long list. Here is one.
1) I do not believe in confessing my sins to a Priest.

Then you'd not be catholic anymore..
I don't think you know your catechism.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2019
Ile de France
Visit site
✟15,725.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Protestants dont have a valid priethood, therefore cannot have the Eucharist.
considering what I posted has been the understanding of the Church since the beginning, anything contrary would be the traditions of.men.

Yes and I would add that protestant traditions are man made.. Just think about the so called "born again" experience for example. Can anybody prove me that this is biblical or that the first christians believed in in being "born again" the protestant way ??

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you'd not be catholic anymore..
I guess you did not read my post on what the Roman Catholic Catechism has to say about my standing. I have an "indelible spiritual mark", no matter what I believe.

Definition of indelible
1a: that cannot be removed, washed away, or erased

1304 Like Baptism which it completes, Confirmation is given only once, for it too imprints on the soul an indelible spiritual mark, the "character," which is the sign that Jesus Christ has marked a Christian with the seal of his Spirit by clothing him with power from on high so that he may be his witness.
1305 This "character" perfects the common priesthood of the faithful, received in Baptism, and "the confirmed person receives the power to profess faith in Christ publicly and as it were officially (quasi ex officio)."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I guess you did not read my post on what the Roman Catholic Catechism has to say about my standing. I have an "indelible spiritual mark", no matter what I believe.

Definition of indelible
1a: that cannot be removed, washed away, or erased

1304 Like Baptism which it completes, Confirmation is given only once, for it too imprints on the soul an indelible spiritual mark, the "character," which is the sign that Jesus Christ has marked a Christian with the seal of his Spirit by clothing him with power from on high so that he may be his witness.
1305 This "character" perfects the common priesthood of the faithful, received in Baptism, and "the confirmed person receives the power to profess faith in Christ publicly and as it were officially (quasi ex officio)."

Wrong

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
ummm....Marriage?
The Augsburg Confession defines Three; Eucharist, Baptism, and Confession and Absolution (Small Catechism lists only two based on the absence of a physical element in Confession and Absolution.

I once read a Catholic paper regarding Marriage as a Sacrament in that is blesses the union of a man and woman, and the act of procreation; thus preventing the physical sin of fornication.

Lutherans would consider it and the other 3 (4) Catholic sacraments as "Sacramentals" or "Sacrmental acts". Not Sacraments, but Sacred in nature.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,302.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Augsburg Confession defines Three; Eucharist, Baptism, and Confession and Absolution (Small Catechism lists only two based on the absence of a physical element in Confession and Absolution.

I once read a Catholic paper regarding Marriage as a Sacrament in that is blesses the union of a man and woman, and the act of procreation; thus preventing the physical sin of fornication.

Lutherans would consider it and the other 3 (4) Catholic sacraments as "Sacramentals" or "Sacrmental acts". Not Sacraments, but Sacred in nature.
that's a shame.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Glad you agree with me.

God bless you
For the record I do not agree with you at all. My comment was aimed at your unkind way of ending our conversation.
Blessings to you as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟842,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
273198_b0cbd274e53ea7027f2658fa9df7f8aa.jpg

MOD HAT ON

OK, we're shutting 'er down for review here.

MOD HAT OFF​

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.