Be brave to look at the evidences ! Is Catholicism right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's a fact that Jesus built his Church on Peter. Mat 13:9 : "Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."

A few Bible verses which indicate that Jesus wants everyone to convert to his Church (but that your denomination may interpret differently):

-Mat 16:18
-Matthew 18:15
-1 Timothy 3: 14-15
-John 3:4
-John 3:5

I didn't say that every non catholic will go to hell, I just showed you what the Church teaches.. it seems that you didn't read it.
Oh, I read it. But, like you stated, "it's what the church teaches"..

It's not what the bible teaches.

However, I understand why you think the way you do. I just disagree with your reasoning, your source and your theology.

I don't think either one of us is going to change their opinion.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, you're right, I could write down my 'journey' to the catholic faith but that's not the point of this post. In this video I present some facts that can make people reconsider their view of the Catholic Church.

Lets say that I want protestants to look at the facts and respond.
I am a Catholic for life, baptized and confirmed however, I disagree with 100 percent of man made doctrines developed through the centuries by the RCC. The Holy Spirit directs us in all truth so that is all I can count on with the solid foundation laid by the Apostles of Jesus Christ of Nazareth in both the new and old testaments known as, The Holy Scripture.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,257.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am a Catholic for life, baptized and confirmed however, I disagree with 100 percent of man made doctrines developed through the centuries by the RCC. The Holy Spirit directs us in all truth so that is all I can count on with the solid foundation laid by the Apostles of Jesus Christ of Nazareth in both the new and old testaments known as, The Holy Scripture.
Blessings

Which man made doctrines would those be exactly?

Why dont you change denomination from 'Christian' to 'Catholic' on your profile if you say you are a Catholic for life?

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟816,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Well, you're right, I could write down my 'journey' to the catholic faith but that's not the point of this post. In this video I present some facts that can make people reconsider their view of the Catholic Church.

Lets say that I want protestants to look at the facts and respond.
The same might be said for the Augsburg Confession, the Refutation, and the response to the Refutation commonly known as the Apology of the Augsburg Confession. You ask if we are open minded enought to consider your video; are you open minded enough to consider our position, about 450 years older than your video?

Augsburg Confession - Book of Concord
1530 Roman Confutation
Defense of the Augsburg Confession - Book of Concord

I would hope so, but like most who have a drum to beat and a soap box, I'm not holding my breath. One sided dialogues hold no interest for me, and serve no one well.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which man made doctrines would those be exactly?

Why dont you change denomination from 'Christian' to 'Catholic' on your profile if you say you are a Catholic for life?
Humm first of all , I thought Catholics were Christians. Second, I have a very long list. Here is one.
1) I do not believe in confessing my sins to a Priest.

Reactions: Uriah S
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,257.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Humm first of all , I thought Catholics were Christians. Second, I have a very long list. Here is one.
1) I do not believe in confessing my sins to a Priest.

We are Christians but, you have the option of choosing 'Catholic' for your profile. You stated that you are a Catholic for life?

You dont confess them to a priest though. In confession the priest doesnt forgive you himself. Jesus forgives you through the priest.

John 20:21-23
21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

The Catholic priest is doing just that.

Confession

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are Christians but, you have the option of choosing 'Catholic' for your profile. You stated that you are a Catholic for life?

You dont confess them to a priest though. In confession the priest doesnt forgive you himself. Jesus forgives you through the priest.

John 20:21-23
21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

The Catholic priest is doing just that.

Confession
Catholic means Universal Church, The Body of Christ. The Roman Catholic Church is a denomination. Your scripture has nothing to do with confession in a confessional to a Priest who delivers a repetitive penance rather than confirmation that Jesus Christ of Nazareth died for our sins.
But thank you for the verse.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Romans 12:2…be transformed…
Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,264,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
For Mary, I'll direct you to my video about Mary for protestants ;)

Your video is okay but this one is better. :satisfied:

I don't believe in sola scriptura that's for sure because it's not scriptural and because you can get the bible to say many things.. Just look at the 40 000 protestants denominations and the muslims, sects that has use the bible.
I believe in the interpretation of the Church (instituted bu Jesus Christ) which is the same interpretation that the first christians had.. Even those who wrote before the gospels were finished ! The first christians lived their faith like us, catholics.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, not at all, but if you go by the bible only (so by your own interpretation of the Bible), how can you know you're interpretation is the good one ?
In fact, I read the bible everyday.
Jesus established a Church that wrote/compiled/copied the Bible in the first centuries and this Church also provides the sacraments and the authority of the Pope (the first pope being Saint Peter), the intercession of the Saints,..
This Church is the Catholic Church ('Catholic' means universal and this term was first used in 107 A.D by Ignatus of Antioch, one of the fathers of the Church)
The Catholic Church is the only one founded by Jesus Christ. Look it up.
You are correct. I also belong to the Catholic Church. However your video is Roman Catholic.

• Agree
Reactions: Athanasius377
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,257.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Catholic means Universal Church, The Body of Christ. The Roman Catholic Church is a denomination. Your scripture has nothing to do with confession in a confessional to a Priest who delivers a repetitive penance rather than confirmation that Jesus Christ of Nazareth died for our sins.
But thank you for the verse.

You say you are a baptised Catholic? Which church then? Roman Catholic?

That scripture i quoted is excellent at showing us that Jesus sent out His disciples to forgive sins. This is what the Holy Priesthood does today. Through the Holy Spirit. The Apostles made Bishops, priests etc. They were given this command.

If you cannot see that, then, that is a shame.

God bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Jesus died for the entire world !
He wants everybody to convert and be part of the Church He founded on Peter.
It is written >

"For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 3:11)

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You say you are a baptised Catholic? Which church then? Roman Catholic?

That scripture i quoted is excellent at showing us that Jesus sent out His disciples to forgive sins. This is what the Holy Priesthood does today. Through the Holy Spirit. The Apostles made Bishops, priests etc. They were given this command.

If you cannot see that, then, that is a shame.

God bless you
Yes baptized in the Roman Catholic Church as a baby, confirmed in the RCC as a teenager, then as an adult was re-baptized in the Catholic Church, known as the Body of Christ.
I believe the RCC Priesthood is not authoritative, so I confess my sins directly to the Lord, who already knows my sins and has already forgiven them.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,257.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes baptized in the Roman Catholic Church as a baby, confirmed in the RCC as a teenager, then as an adult was re-baptized in the Catholic Church, known as the Body of Christ.
I believe the RCC Priesthood is not authoritative, so I confess my sins directly to the Lord, who already knows my sins and has already forgiven them.
Blessings

Ok, so, you were brought up Roman Catholic.
Which denomination were you 're-baptised' under?

I disagree about you saying that the priest is not authorative but i wont argue with you about it.

I confess my sins daily to God too. But, on occasions i do go to confession with a priest when i have committed knowingly, mortal sins. And i have to say, that, when i have been absolved, the feeling is amazing! It is truly Jesus, truly God, working through the priest! Its an amazing feeling.

Anyway, you have your own belief and i respect that. I am not here to judge.

God bless you

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no salvation outside the Catholic Church !
The Christian Church is obedient to God's word.
God's word through our Apostle Paul is clear, about what qualifies a man to be trusted to "take care of the church of God" > see 1 Timothy 3:1-10.

It is clear that a number of individuals have not obeyed these standards . . . including high-up leaders in various organized groups who claim to be Christian groups. They do not hold themselves to what 1 Timothy 3:1-10 says qualifies a person just to be considered.

Also, Maria > we have how every child of God is commanded >

"forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (in Ephesians 4:31-32)

This says to forgive "even as God".

@In Defense of the Faith > where in your official Catholic writings do you have a plain statement that Jesus commands all children of God to forgive "even as God"? And please quote the official doctrinal explanation of this, if Roman Catholicism honors and supports obeying God's command for all children of God to forgive "even as God".

By the way, I can tell you where it is presented in official Catholic writings; but I will let you share on this, first, since this is your thread. God bless you to :) I mean where is "forgiving" "even as God" quoted, with commentary to clarify all God means by this, please? ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CaptainToad

Feb 7, 2015
✟13,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The reason why protestants exists lies in the corruption of the catholic chirch. If you read the bible and have a look at the catholic church during reformation days you will see two entirely different pictures. The power of the church may have dwindled after the separation of state and church but catholics are still kept in darkness.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,283.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And now it seems pretty clear that if the Catholic Church is the largest Church in the world, it certainly not chance but by the will of God.
By that argument, I'm afraid you must conclude that since Moslems outnumber Catholics, it must be by God's will. If population is the litmus rest for truth then Islam must be the true faith.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,283.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Greek Orthodox church is, actually.
The Orthodox Church isn't only Greeks. We are commonly referred to as Eastern Orthodox, in contrast to the Oriental Orthodox (although "oriental" actually means "eastern", but I don't want to confuse anybody)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For Mary, I'll direct you to my video about Mary for protestants

Can't debate a video , so I'll pass on that. Either you can defend it or you can't, and passing it off on someone else is kind of a cop out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.