Be brave to look at the evidences ! Is Catholicism right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2019
Ile de France
Visit site
✟8,225.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

I'm a fervent christian catholic and I've recently started a new youtube channel expose the lies against the Church of Jesus Christ.
A few years ago I was tested in my faith in Jesus and I began to look at the offers from protestant denominations.. I investigated their claims on catholicism and I came to the conclusion that the Roman Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ.

I think that the choice Catholicism/Protestantism DOES matter and I'm only here because I love you and because I've found the truth about the Catholic Church.
I want you to honestly look at the evidences presented in my videos. Please be open and watch it and come back to me.
(of course all the arguments in favor of the Church and against protestantism are not found in this video..)

God bless !

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There's a long history of people doing here what you aspire to do, but you are welcome to repeat all of it if you wish. If a suggestion is in order, do it by explaining why you came to the conclusion that you did; presenting someone else's video never accomplishes much on a board that is supposed to be for "discussion." :)

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2019
Ile de France
Visit site
✟8,225.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, you're right, I could write down my 'journey' to the catholic faith but that's not the point of this post. In this video I present some facts that can make people reconsider their view of the Catholic Church.

Lets say that I want protestants to look at the facts and respond.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, you're right, I could write down my 'journey' to the catholic faith but that's not the point of this post. In this video I present some facts that can make people reconsider their view of the Catholic Church.

Lets say that I want protestants to look at the facts and respond.

As the general medium for this forum is text, usually you will have a much better, and in depth, response if you type out your statements and point of view. I would definitely like to read about your journey, but I do not desire to watch another youtube video on the subject. I am interested in your journey and your faith, in you. :)

People tend not to watch youtube videos when using the forums. You will also get a fair amount of replies to this thread of people that will debate you, but not actually watch your video.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I did, by the way, watch some of the video. It seems like the usual Catholic talking points absent any reason to conclude that they are accurate. Maybe if a viewer had no prior knowledge of Christianity or only a scant knowledge of it, he'd feel swept up by the dramatic sounds and visual effects....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2019
Ile de France
Visit site
✟8,225.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's nothing wrong with being a bible reading Christian :(

No, not at all, but if you go by the bible only (so by your own interpretation of the Bible), how can you know you're interpretation is the good one ?
In fact, I read the bible everyday.
Jesus established a Church that wrote/compiled/copied the Bible in the first centuries and this Church also provides the sacraments and the authority of the Pope (the first pope being Saint Peter), the intercession of the Saints,..
This Church is the Catholic Church ('Catholic' means universal and this term was first used in 107 A.D by Ignatus of Antioch, one of the fathers of the Church)
The Catholic Church is the only one founded by Jesus Christ. Look it up.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No, not at all, but if you go by the bible only (so by your own interpretation of the Bible), how can you know you're interpretation is the good one ?
In fact, I read the bible everyday.
Jesus established a Church that wrote/compiled/copied the Bible in the first centuries and this Church also provides the sacraments and the authority of the Pope (the first pope being Saint Peter), the intercession of the Saints,..
This Church is the Catholic Church ('Catholic' means universal and this term was first used in 107 A.D by Ignatus of Antioch, one of the fathers of the Church)
The Catholic Church is the only one founded by Jesus Christ. Look it up.
But you are merely repeating what your church says of itself. The Bible wasn't "written" (or compiled) by the (Roman) Catholic Church because that happened before all the splits in the undivided church of ancient history occurred.

The Eastern Orthodox churches, the Oriental Orthodox, and others were as much a part of the process as the church that later came to be known as the Catholic Church.

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2019
Ile de France
Visit site
✟8,225.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But you are merely repeating what your church says of itself. The Bible wasn't "written" (or compiled) by the (Roman) Catholic Church because that happened before all the splits in the undivided church of ancient history occurred.

The Eastern Orthodox churches, the Oriental Orthodox, and others were as much a part of the process as the church that later came to be known as the Catholic Church.

Well, before the split the Church was the catholic church :
Letter to the Smyrnaeans of Ignatius of Antioch : "Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."
The 'orthodox Church' has never claimed to be the Universal Church for the salvation of the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 10, 2019
Ile de France
Visit site
✟8,225.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can I ask what your gospel for salvation is?

You mean our justification ?
The Church teaches in full accordance with the scriptures that we are saved by grace and not by faith alone.

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2019
Ile de France
Visit site
✟8,225.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can I ask what your gospel for salvation is?

You must of course be baptized also.. Born again, eat the blood and flesh of our Lord, not commit mortal sins, love God, ETC !
You must do the will of God to be save !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You mean our justification ?
The Church teaches in full accordance with the scriptures that we are saved by grace and not by faith alone.

Isn't grace received through faith?
grace = unmerited gift of God

I think I'll have to reject Catholicism. The foundation of faith is very important

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just for clarification, because I see the conversation taking that turn...please note that on these forums Christians that follow the Nicene Creed (the Statement of Faith on this website) are considered Christians - whether they are Catholic or not.

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2019
Ile de France
Visit site
✟8,225.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Isn't grace received through faith?
grace = unmerited gift of God

I think I'll have to reject Catholicism. The foundation of faith is very important

Yes, faith is very important but we are saved by the grace of God.

Ephesians 2:8-9 : "For it is by grace you are saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, before the split the Church was the catholic church :
Letter to the Smyrnaeans of Ignatius of Antioch : "Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."
The 'orthodox Church' has never claimed to be the Universal Church for the salvation of the world.

Ignatius is using the word Catholic in its generic meaning--as universal and authentic. That is NOT a reference to the NAME or title assumed by any segment of Christ's church.

The meaning is the one that we all understand when, in the Creed, we affirm belief in the "one (holy) catholic and apostolic church."

We are not affirming there a belief in the Papal church when we say "Catholic" or the Pentecostal church which uses the word "Apostolic" for its denominational name when we speak that word.

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2019
Ile de France
Visit site
✟8,225.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just for clarification, because I see the conversation taking that turn...please note that on these forums Christians that follow the Nicene Creed (the Statement of Faith on this website) are considered Christians - whether they are Catholic or not.

Sure ;)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You must do the will of God to be save !
I'm wondering who or how many you think are in that category. The Bible says, as you know, that the just man falls seven times a day. So if he is out, who is in?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I'm a fervent christian catholic and I've recently started a new youtube channel expose the lies against the Church of Jesus Christ.
A few years ago I was tested in my faith in Jesus and I began to look at the offers from protestant denominations.. I investigated their claims on catholicism and I came to the conclusion that the Roman Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ.

I think that the choice Catholicism/Protestantism DOES matter and I'm only here because I love you and because I've found the truth about the Catholic Church.
I want you to honestly look at the evidences presented in my videos. Please be open and watch it and come back to me.
(of course all the arguments in favor of the Church and against protestantism are not found in this video..)

God bless !
Have you seen the Christian Forums Statement of Faith?

It's very good to know (even if familiar to those of us where the creeds are recited in our churches already). Even if for those that already know the Nicene Creed, they should have a look anyway (it will be very valuable) and here's why: look at how you can look up verses about the lines of the creed, and also look at the brief end note on what "catholic" means!

Here, I'll just copy it from the page -- CF Statement of Faith | Christian Forums:

Statement of Faith
The Nicene Creed
We believe in (Romans 10:8-10; 1John 4:15)
ONE God, (Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6)
the Father (Matthew 6:9)
Almighty, (Exodus 6:3)
Maker of Heaven and Earth, (Genesis 1:1)
and of all things visible and invisible. (Colossians 1:15-16)
And in ONE Lord Jesus Christ, (Acts 11:17)
the Son of God, (Mathew 14:33; 16:16)
the Only-Begotten, (John 1:18; 3:16)
Begotten of the Father before all ages. (John 1:2)
Light of Light; (Psalm 27:1; John 8:12; Matthew 17:2,5)
True God of True God; (John 17:1-5)
Begotten, not made; (John 1:18)
of one essence with the Father (John 10:30)
by whom all things were made; (Hebrews 1:1-2)
Who for us men and for our salvation (1Timothy 2:4-5)
came down from Heaven, (John 6:33,35)
and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, (Luke 1:35)
and became man. (John 1:14)
And was crucified for us (Mark 15:25; 1Cointhians 15:3)
under Pontius Pilate, (John 19:6)
and suffered, (Mark 8:31)
and was buried. (Luke 23:53; 1Corinthians 15:4)
And the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures. (Luke 24:1 1Corinthians 15:4)
And ascended into Heaven, (Luke 24:51; Acts 1:10)
and sits at the right hand of the Father. (Mark 16:19; Acts 7:55)
And He shall come again with glory (Matthew 24:27)
to judge the living and the dead; (Acts 10:42; 2Timothy 4:1)
whose Kingdom shall have no end. (2 Peter 1:11)
And in the Holy Spirit, (John 14:26)
the Lord, (Acts 5:3-4)
the Giver of Life, (Genesis 1:2)
Who proceeds from the Father; (John 15:26)
Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; (Matthew 3:16-17)
Who spoke through the prophets. (1 Samuel 19:20 ; Ezekiel 11:5,13) In one, (Matthew 16: 18)
holy, (1 Peter 2:5,9)
catholic*, (Mark 16:15)
and apostolic Church. (Acts 2:42; Ephesians 2:19-22)
I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins**. (Ephesians 4:5; Acts 2:38)
I look for the resurrection of the dead, (John 11:24; 1Corinthians 15:12-49; Hebrews 6:2; Revelation 20:5)
and the life of the world to come. (Mark 10:29-30)
AMEN. (Psalm 106:48)

Notes
* The word "catholic" (literally, "complete," "universal," or "according to the whole") refers to the universal church of the Lord Jesus Christ and not necessarily or exclusively to any particular visible denomination, institution, or doctrine.

----------

See?

Many/most individual believers in various churches, Catholic, Orthodox, Lutheran, Methodist, Baptist, etc., etc. are already in the catholic Church.

Already. We are already in your church. You are in my church.

No church has the monopoly on Christ, but instead Christ has the monopoly on us!

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2019
Ile de France
Visit site
✟8,225.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ignatius is using the word Catholic in its generic meaning--as universal and authentic. That is NOT a reference to the NAME or title assumed by any segment of Christ's church.

The meaning is the one that we all understand when, in the Creed, we affirm belief in the "one (holy) catholic and apostolic church."

We are not affirming there a belief in the Papal church when we say "Catholic" or the Pentecostal church which uses the word "Apostolic" for its denominational name when we speak that word.

Well, the christians of the first centuries believed in the authority of the pope as well as the papal succession so the "One Holy Catholic and apostolic Church" is in fact The Catholic Church. And of course in Mat 16:18, Jesus clearly says that Peter is The Rock. I hope you do not believe otherwise.. Do you ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.