BCD: What is Our Part?

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
What is our part?

"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

Salvation is not unconditional. It is conditioned upon one putting ones faith in Christ.

Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

And Paul writes, "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Rom 10:9

And given that he continues, "How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?" Rom 10:14, thus salvation is conditioned not just on faith in Christ, it's conditioned upon hearing the message and so it's conditioned up Christians telling people the message.

The angel said to Cornelius, "Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved." Acts 11:13,14 And how does Peter's message end? Concerning Jesus he said, "He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name." Acts 10:42,43

The preaching of the gospel is essential to getting people saved.

Paul writes, "For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe." 1Cor 1:21

And those who oppose the preaching of the gospel are committing the gravest of sins.

"They displease God and are hostile to all men in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved. In this way they always heap up their sins to the limit. The wrath of God has come upon them at last." 1Th 2:15,16

And preaching the gospel is evidence that one is elect of God.

"For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, because ... (among other things) .. The Lord’s message rang out from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia— your faith in God has become known everywhere." 1Th 1:4,8