• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Battling Homosexuality with- pictures?

SeekingGloryOnThisJourney

Apr 13, 2020
Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So you may have read my last post about my ocd thoughts if I am dealing with homosexuality or not, and of course ocd makes everything feel real.
I got tired of fearing be attracted to the same-sex, and of course I was never going to give in.
I searched up some rather inappropriate images- to convince myself that this wasn’t the case.
Of course I could feel my flesh liking it which scared me, so I prayed and asked God to be with me so I can fight of these images and look at them with only women revealing themselves in sin. I’ve decided to pray for these women.
Of course I’m never going to look at it again; I’ve resisted it.
I felt better, still scared, though.
I don’t know if this was the right choice but it’s been done. I hope this will end soon.
Please Pray!

Grace1234

Oct 22, 2019
Bangkok
✟22,251.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You just need to ignore the thought which I know it really hard to ignore ocd thought. But the more you start to think about it, the more thought will pop up in your head.Ocd can makes you feel so real. I suggest you to watch Ali greymond channel on YouTube. She a great ocd therapist. I also try to overcome my ocd too. It so hard. God bless you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mari17
Upvote 0

stella55

Sep 17, 2017
München
✟19,041.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi! I just wanted to say that I understand what you're going through very well, as I had experienced the same thing some 9 years ago and it was driving me crazy.
HOCD (homosexual OCD) is a very common type of OCD and there are many good articles written about it, so I suggest you do a little research on that topic to better understand what is going on with you right now.
One thing many people do is look up pictures of the same sex to "test" how they're feeling about them. This is a major mistake. The thing is, if something is sexual, it will most likely cause arousal or at least trigger some sort of response in us, and that will lead the OCD sufferer to even more confusion. But that's just how human physiology works and it doesn't reveal anything about our sexuality.
So instead of focusing on the "homosexual" part, focus on the "OCD" part more. Don't pressure yourself into finding out how you feel about women right now. Don't "battle" anything, because it will only fuel the OCD. Treat your thoughts like any other OCD obsession, because that's what it is.

• Winner
Reactions: Mari17
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi! I just wanted to say that I understand what you're going through very well, as I had experienced the same thing some 9 years ago and it was driving me crazy.
HOCD (homosexual OCD) is a very common type of OCD and there are many good articles written about it, so I suggest you do a little research on that topic to better understand what is going on with you right now.
One thing many people do is look up pictures of the same sex to "test" how they're feeling about them. This is a major mistake. The thing is, if something is sexual, it will most likely cause arousal or at least trigger some sort of response in us, and that will lead the OCD sufferer to even more confusion. But that's just how human physiology works and it doesn't reveal anything about our sexuality.
So instead of focusing on the "homosexual" part, focus on the "OCD" part more. Don't pressure yourself into finding out how you feel about women right now. Don't "battle" anything, because it will only fuel the OCD. Treat your thoughts like any other OCD obsession, because that's what it is.
Wonderful advice!!

Upvote 0