Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Audience: Matthew & Mark Jesus’ Disciples. Luke is unknown.
Matthew 24:32-35
Mark 13:28-31
Luke 13:6-9

Matthew and Mark have the same parable while Luke’s seems different in context. In Matthew & mark the parable speaks about the coming season of Christ’s return. In fact, the whole chapter is about His return and warnings not to fall for other doctrines or other Jesus’ as they are counterfeit. Luke’s parable seems oddly familiar to when Jesus Himself walked to a fig tree seeking to eat its fruit, but found none and cursed the tree to wither and die: Matthew 21:19 & Mark 11:14.
God speaks about His people as figs on a fig tree: Hosea 9:10, Jeremiah 24 & even baring no fruit: Jeremiah 8:13. Micah 4:4 talks about Jesus Christ searching for the fruit of His people during His ministry on earth.

Seasons
Just as God made the seasons of the earth; so too did He instruct us to watch for the season that is yet to come: Jesus Christ’s Return. His first coming was prophesied and yet the “experts” didn’t even see Who was right in front of them. Their own heart blinded them as they sought for His second coming rather than the first - which Moses, who they were so quick to reference, spoke about.

Small Testimony
God puts us through seasons as well, as the growing branches that we are. God created the 4 seasons which make up a year as Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. First comes creation of life when we are made in our mothers womb by God’s handiwork. Out of the womb we begin growing up as newborns as the seasons come about: Baby, Child, Adolescent, and Adulthood which completes a humans’ lifespan. Just as it is when we are Born Again in Christ and growing up spiritually until we are called home by God - winter, which He calls sleep and we awake in heaven in His presence - begins life eternal (Spring).

I think this is such a beautiful piece of inspiration from God. How the cycles of life works and how it was to work before sin entered the world. God puts us through a season of testing and trials, even a season of blessings. Pay attention to the seasons in your life that God has for you, or they might just pass you by. In my case, I had to move very quickly and most often I was not ready, even though I had everything in order. My spirit was not still and I had to go to God to keep me still. Because I followed what He said to me personally, I am where I am today and I’m very thankful to God and my Saviour for such blessings that I do not deserve! How amazing and gracious God is!

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a photo of a fig leafing out in the spring at Caesarea Philippi in Israel. It started growing its first figs before the leaves sprouted. Most figs were productive. While walking on the Mt. of Olives looking for photo opportunities, I saw a fig tree without figs on it. I remembered Jesus’ parable.

upload_2020-10-3_20-5-11.png

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FAQ: If Jehovah really was in the world as a man, then why didn't He know by omniscience that the fig tree would have no fruit? Why was it necessary for Him to examine it up close in person?

A: Jesus was able, on occasion, to observe things from a distance (John 1:48) so the question is a reasonable inquiry.

Jehovah's conduct in Mark 11:12-13 would've been unusual but by no means uncharacteristic.

In the 11th chapter of Genesis, the people built themselves a tower. Jehovah came down to see the tower. Now, if Jehovah is omnipresent and omniscient, then why bother coming down out of heaven to inspect the tower in person?

In the 18th chapter of Genesis, Jehovah announced to Abraham that He was on a journey to visit Sodom in order to determine whether the reports He was hearing about the city were true or not. Again: if Jehovah is omnipresent and omniscient, why bother coming down out of heaven to visit Sodom in person?

In the 22nd chapter of Genesis, Jehovah had Abraham offer his son as a sacrifice made with fire. At the conclusion of the event; a celestial being-- speaking for Jehovah and speaking as Jehovah --said: "Now I do know that you are God-fearing in that you have not withheld your son, your only one, from Me."

It goes without saying that Jehovah knows every man's thoughts, and He also knows the future, viz: nothing we do, say, or think catches Jehovah by surprise; He sees everything. So then, if Jehovah already knew in advance that Abraham would offer Isaac, and already knew in advance that Abraham was God-fearing, then why did He say "now I know"? Shouldn't Jehovah have already known?

The only sensible answer to those questions, including the question about the fig tree, is that there is a humanness to God that began quietly coming to light all the way back in the very beginning of the Bible; but the New Testament is where we see God's humanness on display even more.

John 1:18 . . No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god, who is in the bosom position with the Father, is the one that has explained him.

Heb 1:3 . . [The Son] is the reflection of [God's] glory and the exact representation of His very being.

John 14:7 . . . If you men had known me, you would have known my Father also; from this moment on you know him and have seen him. Philip said to him: "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him: "Have I been with you men so long a time, and yet, Philip, you have not come to know me? He that has seen me has seen the Father also.

FAQ: Well then, why didn't Jesus use the powers of Jehovah to make that tree produce fruit for him to eat right then and there on the spot instead of cursing the poor thing?

A: Isn't that similar to the Devil's reasoning in the 4th chapter of Matthew?

The fact of the matter is: Jesus was micro-managed. He cursed that fig tree in compliance with his Father's instructions to do so.

John 6:38 . . I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me.

John 8:28 . . I do nothing of my own initiative

In the end; Jesus had to examine that fig tree up close and personal because it was on his God-given itinerary to do so; and if ever Christ had a passion; it was compliance with his Father's instructions.

John 4:24 . .My food is for me to do the will of Him that sent me

John 8:29 . . I always do the things pleasing to Him.
_

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@dqhall
Thanks for that wonderful image :oldthumbsup:
I've never had figs, much less see them up close, but I have had fig bars before! (I know... it doesn't count. :sorry: )
They grow wild in Israel, especially where there is moisture.

• Friendly
Upvote 0