Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah. This seems more like trying to dig something - anything - up to use against Obama.
Ringo

No one had to dig very deep to find Jeremiah Wright. Obama himself put his "spiritual mentor" on the national stage.

Now Obama can explain for the next 7 months how what everyone hears Jeremiah Wright say isn't really what Jeremiah Wright says.

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
OBAMA IS WHITE!

God, you people are making me go crazy!

Kind of interesting that all the "typical white people" are viewing Obama solely as a black man when he is just as white as he is black.

Yesterday an otherwise reasonable person told me that this whole flak had convinced them that Obama seeks "the obliteration of white people" (in those exact words). I was near apoplectic at the idea that a man who was half-white, with a white parent and white grandparents that he grew up with ... would wish for the obliteration of white people, which would include himself.

Upvote 0

MacCoyle

Non-Partisan
Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
✟8,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, real racist:
28585964.jpg
With mother
ObamaGradhigh.jpg

With grandparents at HS Grad.

30obama0.600.jpg

College Grad.

obama4.jpg

HE WAS RAISED BY WHITE PEOPLE!!! ALL HIS LOCAL RELATIVES ARE WHITE! NO ONE WHO GREW up with him has ever called him racist. You are lowering all your own intelligence.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No one had to dig very deep to find Jeremiah Wright. Obama himself put his "spiritual mentor" on the national stage.

Now Obama can explain for the next 7 months how what everyone hears Jeremiah Wright say isn't really what Jeremiah Wright says.
Explain how it's possible that even after attending the church for twenty-odd years, there's no evidence that Obama's a racist at all.

We're waiting.
Ringo

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, they can't really get him for anything to speak of...

- They found the "lack of experience" thing had no teeth...
- When they became fearful that his eloquence would be a problem (which it is for them) - they started attacking eloquence as if it's a bad thing.. "Oh he's just words"
- When they found that had no teeth - they then put him in the position of having to defend words that were not his own...essentially a no win position...either he abandons someone meaningful in his life (despite their flaws) and comes off like a shallow politician...or they rake him over the coals for doing the most Christian like thing...loving someone for their entirety - flaws and all...

...it's just nonsense.

...and I'm a Republican.

This kind of politics has really soured me to my own party over the past 14-15 years.

Reactions: Suomipoika
Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I swear - if Jesus were to come back today - the "Christian Right" would have him labeled as a pinko liberal communist unfit to raise a dog, let alone assume His role as King.

...and they would do it "all in His name", right? lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"...typical white person..."

I think this may follow him for a very long time.
Why? Its true. Statistical studies have been done about it. The average white female does reach over and lock her doors when a black man she doesn't know approaches her vehicle, but not when a strange white man does. The average white person will lock their door when they see a black person on the sidewalk, but not when they see a white person. Its a fact.

And Obama's mother is white.
Obama's grandmother is white.
Obama's black father ran out on him.

He is not "anti-white."

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
"The point I was making was not that my grandmother, uh, harbors, uh, any racial animosity. She doesn't, but she is a, uh, typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred into our experiences that -- that don't go away, and that sometimes, uh, come out in -- in the wrong way." -Barack H. Obama (March 20, 2008)

eek.gif

Where's the outrage? If John McCain called someone a "typical black person" can you imagine the media and public outcry? They'd say, "What's that supposed to mean?! He's stereotyping. What a bigot!"

But the man who would be king apparently can say whatever he wants. I must ask...is Barack Obama a typical black person? If so, how so? If not, how not? And is it okay for me to ask that question?

Barack's Racial Slur: "Typical White People"

Now there is spin if I ever saw, spinning so fast I am dizzy.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, real racist:
28585964.jpg
With mother
ObamaGradhigh.jpg

30obama0.600.jpg

College Grad.

obama4.jpg

HE WAS RAISED BY WHITE PEOPLE!!! ALL HIS LOCAL RELATIVES ARE WHITE! NO ONE WHO GREW up with him has ever called him racist. You are lowering all your own intelligence.
So those are typical white people?

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, real racist:
28585964.jpg
With mother
ObamaGradhigh.jpg

30obama0.600.jpg

College Grad.

obama4.jpg

It's pretty amazing how he looks exactly like his mother but carries the racial characteristics of his Dad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FadingWhispers3

Senior Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
✟19,344.00
Faith
Humanist
Politics
US-Others
So racism against white people is fine, but against blacks its wrong?

Racism is an ugly mixture of prejudice and discriminatory action. Now if we're honest, most of us have prejudices. We may recoil against stereotypes, but that is the inclination of the human mind: to categorize to make things easier. Some people want to remain surrounded by what is familiar to them and reject what is alien. There is nothing wrong on the face of it.

The problem is when prejudice leads over to discrimination. An amicable person may have prejudices, but he tries to keep them in check and most definitely will attempt to refrain from discrimination.

I do not find racism acceptable against anyone. So I would not find it acceptable against white people either.

However, this also leads me to the question of what ought to be done about racism. The reaction of many people to ostracize, but I don't agree with it. A people who are afforded an equal field, such as a free market can provide, will eventually erase such prejudices as they have by living and working together.

It's not that racism against white people is fine. It's that rejection is not a productive means to address the root problems which give rise to people who say racist things. This goes the same for white racists as it does for black. For persecution tends to make people have the fallacious thought that they are right simply because they are persecuted.

Upvote 0

Mjallhvit

Nov 6, 2007
Visit site
✟7,757.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barack Obama is what the continentals would call a Social Democrat, which is far more troubling to me than whether he makes generalizations in his electioneering; and as far as I know what he said may have been true of 'typical white people'. I have no idea why people have some hatred campaign against generalizations and stereotypes when there are so many other glaring errors in people's knowledge of a far more important character. A case of going after the other guy's mote when there's a board in your eye (nailed to your head in public school).

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There wouldn't be any need to convince people of what this situation means if it involved a Republican candidate. For instance, if, in 2000, George Bush stated that he vehemently condemned statements by David Duke and then brought Duke onto his camapign as an adviser, I would suspect that most liberals would vehemently condemn George Bush for doing so

Upvote 0