✟19,426.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
:D:D

Nice. Because Bush's mega-bailout would have not succeeded without the help of the dems, it is the dems fault :D:D Bush wanted it and Bush signed it, however it is the dems who are to blame. :)

(hopefully this is big and bold enough....)

Which was opposed by many Republicans, pundits, and the general public. Without the dems the bill would not have made it to his desk to sign.

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2008
Trondheim
✟9,941.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I did not understand that was what you were getting at. Usually when some-one says gotcha they are making some point other than complementing the eloquence and correctness of the statement.
Yeah. I asked him a couple pages back to go into it with more detail, and he did. He explained what he was saying very well, I was just acknowledging it. :p

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟186,961.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Which was opposed by many Republicans, pundits, and the general public. Without the dems the bill would not have made it to his desk to sign.
lol :D:D:D

Both houses passed the bailout in a bi-partisan fashion.

Without the republicans the bill would have not made it to his desk to sign.

He signed it, he first presented it....and like I said before, this is Bush's mega bailout :wave:

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

and what about the other songs on the CD. Here's another one - the Star Splanglish Banner.

http://themoderatevoice.com/25280/star-spanglish-banner-worse-than-the-magic-negro/

It's as if the GOP actually WANTS to marginalize itself. If they keep this up, we'll be refering to the GOP in the same breath with the Natural Law and Constitution Parties.

So one person puts out a CD that is not endorsed by the party and somehow that is put back onto the party? Fine then..Obama listens to Ludacris..Ludacris represents the feelings of the Democratic Party.

Ludacris even made a song endorsing Obama..

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/08/ludacris-obama.html

And he and Obama posed for a picture together
obama-ludacris.jpg

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟34,858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So essentially you are asking me to prove a negative.

How can I do that? Do I post every scholarship they have ever issued with a picture of the individual who received it?

When all you need to do to show my assumption, that they do discriminate the way I believe, is incorrect with only one example.

Can you see my dilemma?
He's not asking you to prove a negative. He's asking you to support your assertion.

It's a interesting tactic to make a claim that you can't support then demand that others prove you wrong. It's a very lazy and dishonest debate tactic.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So one person puts out a CD that is not endorsed by the party and somehow that is put back onto the party? Fine then..Obama listens to Ludacris..Ludacris represents the feelings of the Democratic Party.

I guess if Ludacris were vying to to be the Democratic National Chairman, it might reflect on the Dems.

But Ludacris is not in the Democratic Party heirarchy. Is Saltsman?

Here's a link that may aid in your answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_Saltsman

Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

I guess if Ludacris were vying to to be the Democratic National Chairman, it might reflect on the Dems.

But Ludacris is not in the Democratic Party heirarchy. Is Saltsman?

Here's a link that may aid in your answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_Saltsman

Can you tell me what is offensive about the song? Spanglish is simply the interchanging of American and Spanish words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

romanov

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2006
Alaska
✟19,426.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
lol :D:D:D

Both houses passed the bailout in a bi-partisan fashion.

Without the republicans the bill would have not made it to his desk to sign.

He signed it, he first presented it....and like I said before, this is Bush's mega bailout :wave:

You just do not get it do you? The problem is not the republican party. It is not the Democratic party. It is the Government and all who inhabit it. TARP could not have been passed with out the dems being fine and dandy with it. So, do not just blame Bush, it is all their fault not just George the Special. If you think you can lean back in your lazyboy now the dems control both houses and the executive branch, you got another think coming.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,889.00
Faith
Catholic
For all those that claim this is political satire I have failed to see anyone articulate how this song is political satire; this has often been the case when we such racist garbage, calling it political satire doesn't suddenly make everything alright. People think the word satire suddenly means no explanation is needed. If this song is indeed political satire, then there should be no problem explaining the satire... and posting a link from some article that calls it satire is not an explanation nor is citing an editorial that used the phrase (yet actually explained why they were using such a phrase).

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟186,961.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You just do not get it do you?

I don't get your point because you spend less time explaining than you spend telling people they don't get it....

The problem is not the republican party. It is not the Democratic party. It is the Government and all who inhabit it. TARP could not have been passed with out the dems being fine and dandy with it. So, do not just blame Bush, it is all their fault not just George the Special. If you think you can lean back in your lazyboy now the dems control both houses and the executive branch, you got another think coming.
First you tell me that the problem should be placed on the dems, and now you are saying that it isn't the dems fault? You are now back peddeling or you really don't really have any idea what you are talking about....which one is true?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
That does not explain how the song is satire, explaining what the article says does not explain the satire in the song... because there is no satire in the song. They just pull the "a black guy said so I'll say it" garbage. And this is the heart of it, none of you can even explain what about this song is satire.

The satire is Al Sharpton being ignored while Barack got all the glowing press. Sharpton resented it (evidenced in another article cited). That is what the song is about.

Sharpton ran for president and got his butt handed to him. Barack runs receives great share of white (guilt) vote (as the black LA Times columnist who wrote the original Barack the Magic Negro article pointed out.)

Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

That does not explain how the song is satire, explaining what the article says does not explain the satire in the song... because there is no satire in the song. They just pull the "a black guy said so I'll say it" garbage. And this is the heart of it, none of you can even explain what about this song is satire.

So Rush is a racist for pointing out the absurdity of liberal positions..and was quoting a black columnist...yet Biden is not a racist when he said Obama is the first clean, intelligent black candidate?

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So Rush is a racist for pointing out the absurdity of liberal positions..and was quoting a black columnist...yet Biden is not a racist when he said Obama is the first clean, intelligent black candidate?

Biden can't be racist because he's a Democrat. By definition a Democrat is not racist and everyone knows that know Democrat can ever be nor ever has been a racist.

Everyone knows, though, that all Republicans are racist.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
And of course, Jimmy Carter must be forgiven for calling Obama a 'black boy.'

JIMMY CARTER: Around the world. Around the world. And I think it already has sent a wave of approbation and admiration in many countries around the world, just knowing that this black boy who grew up with just a loving mother and grandparents -- and that was about all he had to start with -- does now have a chance to become the nominee of the Democratic Party for president.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/july-dec08/sbcarter_08-25.html

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟186,961.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Biden can't be racist because he's a Democrat. By definition a Democrat is not racist and everyone knows that know Democrat can ever be nor ever has been a racist.

Everyone knows, though, that all Republicans are racist.
They may not all be racist, however there are currently no black republicans in either the House or Senate. That says something....

Upvote 0