Baptists and the Rapture Poll

Does your congregation hold to a statement of faith that includes the PreTrib Rapture?

• No, and I believe in the PreTrib Rapture!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This is directed at you brother.

All the Gospels accounts say about Jesus' return will be "great power and glory".

As a whole, both 1 Cor. 15:51-54 and 1 Thess. 4:13-18 "harmonize" very well.

Where I have not had any success whatsoever "harmonizing" scriptures are the Gospel account with Acts 1:11; 2 Thess. 1:7-8, Rev. 19:11.

Like I said, the only alternative is to believe, according to the Gospel and Paul's account, Jesus will return in the clouds, gather his elect, then His countenance will change to Him in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that known not God, all the while sitting upon a "white horse". And if you accept that position, then you would also have to believe that the church will endure all 7 years of the tribulation.

Now I know that the church at Philadelphia disappeared some years ago. How do we take John's (?) record of what is promised to the church at Philadelphia?

Seriously though, looking at the "eschatology" we know of that is revealed between Revelation 6 and Revelation 18, of the currently 7 billion inhabitants on the face of the earth, only 3.1 billion will survive until Rev. 19:11 starts. (King of Kings, sitting on a white horse)

Let me give you an example:

In the first three seals of Revelation 6 being opened, while the disaster is huge, no one perishes. However, in Rev. 6:7-8 we read:

"And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Before Jesus returns, here is an "instant" death sentence.

As of 08:35 am, 10/18/18, the worlds population is 7,657, 517,790 people.

If the opening of the fourth seal tells us a quarter will die, that means as of this date, 1,914,379,448 people would die. How many are "Christian" and how many are non-Christians? Don't know, its not my business to know. What I do know is this "prophesy" makes no distinction as to whether those who die are saved or unsaved.

I just don't accept, that God would punish the good with the wicked. And add to that what Paul says in 1 Thess. 1:10. Simply put, the Book of Revelation is God's wrath being poured out on an unrepentant, unsaved world.

If you look also at the word "wrath", it is not mentioned until Rev. 6:16.

From a strictly Greek usage, agro, is always used as a noun. And in at least one place, it is used as an adverbial modifying a noun.

An example would be the word "house". Even though it is a noun, it can be used as a adjective to describe a particular place.

What is important here is to look at scripture. I don't care what your particular view is on the tribulation. But it is important to know that after Rev. 6:15, scriptures there tell us what follows is God's wrath.

It is particularly to the point here:

"For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" -Rev. 6:17 (KJV)

And again, in Rev. 16, we see an even more terrible event revealed. The pouring out of God's wrath in the "Bowl Judgements".

Now I will also freely admit, that the ultimate "wrath of God" comes upon those who have to spend an eternity in the "Lake of Fire".

But, as shown previously, the wrath of God begins with the opening of the "seven seals" of Revelation 6.

With all due respect brother, I just don't see it.

God Bless

Till all are one.
I will get back to you on this later in the evening my brother. I am retired but working part time at Ace. Today is on of the days that I work. BTW, did you see my ACE commercial? PM me and I will tell you the amazing story of God’s wonderful Providence.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will get back to you on this later in the evening my brother. I am retired but working part time at Ace. Today is on of the days that I work. BTW, did you see my ACE commercial? PM me and I will tell you the amazing story of God’s wonderful Providence.

Sorry brother, my previous response wasn't supposed to say:

"This is directed at you brother."

It was supposed to say:

"This is NOT directed at you brother".

My apologies.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry brother, my previous response wasn't supposed to say:

"This is directed at you brother."

It was supposed to say:

"This is NOT directed at you brother".

My apologies.

God Bless

Till all are one.
That’s alright. I didn’t take offense. But I will still answer you. Just looking up some things first. All is good.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have decided, after quite a bit of reading and study, to simply give you a link to a book on The Revelation. It is written by my former pastor and friend. He gives a clear and concise understanding of the book. They are a collection of his Sunday school messages written over the years. I would greatly encourage you to read it if for no other reason than to understand where I stand on The Revelation.

http://grace-ebooks.com/library/Don Fortner/DF_Discovering Christ In Revelation.pdf

Upvote 0

baptist4life

Jul 21, 2012
✟32,493.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I'm late commenting on this, but THIS is straight out of our church statement of faith......so, YES, we as a church, and I personally, believe in the Rapture.

"We believe that at death the souls of the redeemed pass immediately into the presence of Christ.1 At the rapture our soul and body will be reunited and glorified forever with our Lord.2 At death the souls of the unsaved are kept under punishment until they shall appear at the Great White Throne Judgment.3 We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment.4

We believe in the personal, bodily return of our Lord Jesus Christ before the seven-year tribulation to translate His church from the earth.5
We believe that immediately following the removal of the church from the earth, the righteous judgment of God will be poured out upon an unbelieving world during the seven-year tribulation period.6
We believe that at the end of the tribulation period, Christ will come to earth to occupy the throne of David and establish His Messianic kingdom for a thousand years on earth.7

After the thousand year reign of Christ, Satan will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and all of the lost will appear before Christ at the Great White Throne Judgment. Upon receiving their judgment, the lost will be committed to an eternal conscious punishment in the Lake of Fire.8 The saved will enter the eternal state of glory with God, after which the elements of this earth will be dissolved and replaced with a new earth wherein only righteousness dwells. A city will come down out of heaven and will be the dwelling place of the saints where they will enjoy fellowship with the triune God and one another for ever and ever.9"

1. Luke 23:43, Philippians 1:23, 2 Corinthians 5:8
  2. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17,Philippians 3:20-21,1 Corinthians 15:35-44,50-54
  3. Luke 16:19-26
  4. John 5:28-29, Romans 8:10-11,19-23
  5. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Titus 2:13, John 14:1-3, 1 Corinthians 15:51-53
  6. Revelation 4-19
  7. Revelation 20:1-7, Luke 1:31-33, Acts 2:29-30
  8. Revelation 20:10-15
  9. Revelation 21:1-22:5

• Friendly
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,496.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Sorry I'm late commenting on this, but THIS is straight out of our church statement of faith......so, YES, we as a church, and I personally, believe in the Rapture.

"We believe that at death the souls of the redeemed pass immediately into the presence of Christ.1 At the rapture our soul and body will be reunited and glorified forever with our Lord.2 At death the souls of the unsaved are kept under punishment until they shall appear at the Great White Throne Judgment.3 We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment.4

We believe in the personal, bodily return of our Lord Jesus Christ before the seven-year tribulation to translate His church from the earth.5
We believe that immediately following the removal of the church from the earth, the righteous judgment of God will be poured out upon an unbelieving world during the seven-year tribulation period.6
We believe that at the end of the tribulation period, Christ will come to earth to occupy the throne of David and establish His Messianic kingdom for a thousand years on earth.7

After the thousand year reign of Christ, Satan will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and all of the lost will appear before Christ at the Great White Throne Judgment. Upon receiving their judgment, the lost will be committed to an eternal conscious punishment in the Lake of Fire.8 The saved will enter the eternal state of glory with God, after which the elements of this earth will be dissolved and replaced with a new earth wherein only righteousness dwells. A city will come down out of heaven and will be the dwelling place of the saints where they will enjoy fellowship with the triune God and one another for ever and ever.9"

1. Luke 23:43, Philippians 1:23, 2 Corinthians 5:8
  2. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17,Philippians 3:20-21,1 Corinthians 15:35-44,50-54
  3. Luke 16:19-26
  4. John 5:28-29, Romans 8:10-11,19-23
  5. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Titus 2:13, John 14:1-3, 1 Corinthians 15:51-53
  6. Revelation 4-19
  7. Revelation 20:1-7, Luke 1:31-33, Acts 2:29-30
  8. Revelation 20:10-15
  9. Revelation 21:1-22:5
I've seen that a lot in online Statements of Faith posted by Baptists.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,496.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
If we are using the PreTrib hermeneutics I think this is the best explanation we can come to.

rassmussens_chart.jpg

The biggest blow to all PreTrib and PreWrath, IMO, is their understanding of Daniel 9:27.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0