Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I struggled with Greek because it is heavy in grammer. Thank goodness I had some good help.

Still made a 91 though. :D

God Bless

Till all are one.

Reactions: twin1954
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I struggled with Greek because it is heavy in grammer. Thank goodness I had some good help.

Still made a 91 though. :D

God Bless

Till all are one.
I didn't know English until I started trying to learn Greek. That is when I was forced to actually learn English. I spent more than a few years trying to learn English and still do.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I moved from Fla. ( gave up a great job too) to Ky. to go to Lexington Baptist College. I only made it one semester though. After a chapel service where the President of the college, with whom I sat and talked over doctrinal truth for hours before I moved, preached a sermon on 2 Pet. 3:9 and 1Tim. 2:4 as Arminian as I had ever heard. Before the first student was out the door I was up on the stage with my finger in his chest calling him a liar. He knew that I had him dead to rights and couldn't even answer a word.

After that they made it pretty clear that they didn't want me to come back and I didn't really want to either.

I am convinced that I learned more of theology and what it means to preach the Gospel of the free and sovereign grace of God in Christ Jesus sitting in the pew listening to a man truly called of God to preach His Gospel.

I taught myself Greek and am now starting on the Hebrew and Latin. Of course I had a lot of help from men who already know the languages and could guide me.

You disrespected a brother in the Lord. I may totally disagree with someone on a theological issue, but never is it right to call them a liar. You should have just said you disagreed with him and you would be looking some where else. You come across as a rather impulsive angry person. Is that the image you wanted to show. In telling your story here is the point you are making that is anyone disagrees with you, that you are going to show rudeness?

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You disrespected a brother in the Lord. I may totally disagree with someone on a theological issue, but never is it right to call them a liar. You should have just said you disagreed with him and you would be looking some where else. You come across as a rather impulsive angry person. Is that the image you wanted to show. In telling your story here is the point you are making that is anyone disagrees with you, that you are going to show rudeness?
I called him a liar because that is what he was. I had spent hours speaking with him on the doctrines of grace and he told me that he agreed with all of them. When he preached that sermon he said everything opposite to what he told me he believed and he knew it. that is why he couldn't answer me. I disrespected him because I knew what he was.

As far as anyone disagreeing with me it is of no consequence. I am not the last and only judge of truth. I do know the truth according to the light given me and will not be shy in telling it but I cannot make anyone believe it.

I rarely debate now because it was a matter of pride for me. I was so zealous of the truth that I would call out anyone who disagreed with it. For me the glory of God was at stake. I have mellowed in my old age and now I just want to help folks understand.

If you do not like my story then just ignore it. It is what happened and I am aware that the man now is subverting the Southern Baptists in Louisville seminary. He is a plague on believers and a false prophet. I am not afraid to stand before God with that accusation.

Upvote 0