Canada
✟4,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My husband and I are looking for a traditional white baptismal gown for our son to wear at his baptism. We're having problems. It seems the modern thing to do now is have boys baptized in a white satin romper (going by what we've seen online at many different stores) or white tuxedo. This is not the look we're going for.:sick: We've looked at girl's christening gowns, but most that we've seen are either extremely frilly (too girly), or they cost close to $1,000 (fancy, custom made stuff).

Does anyone know of a place to buy a traditional christening/baptism gown that can be used as an heirloom, and doesn't cost the earth? Of course, having some sort of Orthodox embellishment on it would be way cool.:cool:

Akathist

Theology Team
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2004
USA
✟70,418.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Matrona's idea could really work. There is lots and lots of trim you could use fabric clue to embellish a very nice pillow case with. And this would be fast to put on and take off.

This would be a no sew approach.

The only other suggestion is to look for patterns instead of actual items already made. Then hire a local seamstress or make it yourself.

In our parish the babies clothes are white but often "regular" baby clothes, not special ones. After all, they are taken off for the actual baptism then put back on again. I remember once seeing a baby housecoat used. It seemed very practical to me as it was super easy to put on and take off.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.