Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
All of the Torah points to Yahshua.

(CLV) Lk 16:31
Yet he said to him, `If Moses and the prophets they are not hearing, neither will they be persuaded if someone should be rising from among the dead.'"

(CLV) Jn 5:46
For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he writes concerning Me.

(CLV) Jn 5:47
Now if you are not believing his writings, how shall you be believing My declarations?"

Exactly that is what I said right?
Isn't the Sabbath a ceremonial Law. Was the Sabbath nailed to the the cross?
No, God's 4th commandment *Exodus 20:8-11 is of God's 10 commandments, which is a moral law of our duty of love to God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No, it is a moral law of our duty of love to God.

How do your draw a distinction between that law, and every other law that came out of his mouth?

(CLV) Dt 8:3
So He made you humble and let you hunger; then He fed you with the manna which neither you had known, nor had your fathers known, that He might make you realize that not on bread it alone shall the human live, for by every utterance from the mouth of Yahweh shall the human live.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How do your draw a distinction between that law, and every other law that came out of his mouth?

(CLV) Dt 8:3
So He made you humble and let you hunger; then He fed you with the manna which neither you had known, nor had your fathers known, that He might make you realize that not on bread it alone shall the human live, for by every utterance from the mouth of Yahweh shall the human live.

God's 10 commandments are all moral laws of our duty of love to God and our fellow man (Deuteronomy 6:5; Leviticus 19:18; Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12). Deuteronomy 8:3 is JESUS who is the living Word (mana; bread of life) of God *John 1:1-4; 14; Matthew 4:4; John 6:35 . Only God's 10 commandments were spoken directly by God and written with God's own finger *Exodus 20:1-17; Exodus 32:16.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
...seems kind of like a ritual to me.

...seems kind of ceremonial to me.

...seems kind of like works to me.

...seems kind of legalistic to me.

Thoughts?

It is an act of obedience and as you seem to be pointing out - it could be subject to all the same popular complaints people make against the Sabbath commandment.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It is an act of obedience and as you seem to be pointing out - it could be subject to all the same popular complaints people make against the Sabbath commandment.

I covered that one in post #40.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
God's 10 commandments are all moral laws of our duty of love to God and our fellow man (Deuteronomy 6:5; Leviticus 19:18; Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12). Deuteronomy 8:3 is JESUS who is the living Word (mana; bread of life) of God *John 1:1-4; 14; Matthew 4:4; John 6:35 . Only God's 10 commandments were spoken directly by God and written with God's own finger *Exodus 20:1-17; Exodus 32:16.

Deuteronomy 8:3 doesn't mention a finger; but Yahshua reiterated those words in Mathew 4:4:

(CLV) Mt 4:4
Yet He, answering, said, "It is written, `Not on bread alone shall man be living, but on every declaration going out through the mouth of God.'"

He didn't mention a finger either.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,245.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Obedience to everything that he commanded? That sounds like we have to do something. That sounds very legalistic.

"Having to do something" is not legalism. Legalism goes beyond having a norm, principle or law, and focusses on that norm or principle or law in an unhealthy way. (What Jesus described as straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel). In Christian terms, legalism can also be believing that our salvation is dependent on following those norms, principles or laws. For example, someone being legalistic about baptism might say that one cannot be saved without it; whereas the general position is that one ought to be baptised, but not that one's salvation depends upon it.

Upvote 0

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Obedience to what?

Not to what, mate, to whom, and that is God.

There's that "o" word again.

So you would rather put the "d" in front of it?

If Elohim is doing all the work; then why do we have to do anything?

Because its your new nature. You have life and those who live do things that are natural to them.

Law? That sounds very legalistic. Where can I find this law of the spirit?

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

In the Bible in Paul's writings.

true legalists are not those who obey but those who look for every excuse not to.

This is why Jesus said, "Woe unto you lawyers..." They were changing the word of God to traditions of men.

Upvote 0

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
That whole mandated ritualistic mikveh thing. Why isn't faith alone good enough?

What do you mean by "faith alone?"

Read Hebrews 11. Faith is alive and active and faith in God does not do it's own thing.

God parted the sea and, by faith, Israel walked through. Moses was instructed to raise his rod over the waters and, because he believed God would reward him for obeying, he receive the rewards of his faith: the sea parted.

The only reason some have a problem with water baptism is simply because they don't want to do it.

The reason Moses raised the rod was because he trusted God.

Water baptism is trust. Not a ritual. Do you trust God?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...seems kind of like a ritual to me.

...seems kind of ceremonial to me.

...seems kind of like works to me.

...seems kind of legalistic to me.

Thoughts?

Water baptism is an outward expression of an inward conviction to follow Christ ... symbolic of us dying in Christ and being resurrected. Baptism within itself does not save you rather it is an outward expression that you have been saved. It is symbolic of an important change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Water baptism is an outward expression of an inward conviction to follow Christ ... symbolic of us dying in Christ and being resurrected. Baptism within itself does not save you rather it is an outward expression that you have been saved. It is symbolic of an important change.[/QU, SHALL BE SAVED / SOZO and mthe Greek words SHALLE OTE]

Hi and if anyone believes in WATER BAPTISM , how will they explain Mark 16:16 ?

Did the SIGNS follow their baptism , like , SPEAKING IN TONGUES , , CAST OUT DEMONS , TAKE UP SERPENTS , and HEAL THE SICK ??

And why is the Greek words SHALL BE SAVED / SOZO and the Greeks words SHALL BE DAMNED be in the FUTURE , PASSIVE and be in the INDICATIVE MOOD ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Loaves and Fishes

Dec 25, 2020
canada
✟16,843.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy spirit(the power of God) works in those who have repented and are baptized. Acts 2:38 and the laying on of hands Acts 19:6. We are buried(submerged) in baptism and rise as a new creation,2 Corinthians 5:17-Romans 6:1-6, and putting off the deeds of the flesh Romans 8:12-13 being clothed in Christ Galatians 3:27.
Galatians 2:20 ...I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do not know how Romans 6 relates to baptism?
Hi and Rom 6:4 is the Greek word BAPTISMA and not BAPTISM and BAPTISMA explaind 1 Cor 15:29 , the BAPTISM for the DEAD !!

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read Romans 6:3

So are you saying that WATER BAPTISM places you into CHRIST JESUS and into his death ?

Verse 4 we are buried together through this BAPTISM which is the Greek word BAPTISMA into the death of Christ and the Greek word BAPTISMA is in the GENTIVE CASE , what say you ?

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So are you saying that WATER BAPTISM paces you into CHRIST JESUS and into his death ?

Verse 4 we are buried together through this BAPTISM which is the Greek word BAPTISMA into the death of Christ and the Greek word BAPTISMA is in the GENTIVE CASE , what say you ?

dan p

Dan it is only a outward act of something that should have already taken place inwardly when one wants to dedicate their life to Jesus after receiving God's forgiveness.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dan it is only a outward act of something that should have already taken place inwardly when one wants to dedicate their life to Jesus after receiving God's forgiveness.

Hi and is there a verse for the above statement or have I missed it ?

dan p

Upvote 0