United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
But, could be a risky stance to take ?

Your thoughts ?

M-Bob
Hard to say for sure, but with the trend rapidly turning in the direction of every last white American and everyone who either likes the president or wants him to be allowed to do his job...being labelled a Racist, it doesn't look like a winning strategy for them.

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
It is true that the Dems were losing support, but more recent polling suggests this trend may be reversing. As Trump's disapproval continues to rise, people are leaning more Democrat on generic ballot polling.

We will see what happens in the coming months.

Poll: Democrats surge ahead on generic ballot

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,183.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Deut. 5:32 Ye shall observe to do therefore as the Lord your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.

IMHO Christians should not have party affiliation.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is true that the Dems were losing support, but more recent polling suggests this trend may be reversing. As Trump's disapproval continues to rise, people are leaning more Democrat on generic ballot polling.

We will see what happens in the coming months.

Poll: Democrats surge ahead on generic ballot

These things always swing back and forth. People were fed up with two wars so they voted for "hope and change." When people saw that for what it was they reversed course and voted to "Make America Great Again." I'm sure at some point they'll swing back the other way and then return again.

• Agree
Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
This could be so. Polls and opinion swing back and forth. However, calling everyone but the Black Lives Matter organization *Racist* probably isn't going to be helpful in the long run. I hope you would agree to that much at least.

Racist organizations (like the KKK) seek to promote the inferiority of certain people (in the case of the KKK, anyone who is not a white Christian).

Groups like BLM seek equality. There is no evidence that BLM is trying to promote the superiority of African-Americans. You may not agree with their tactics, I certainly do not agree with the violence, but they are not racist in the way the KKK is.

Black Lives Matter Is Not a Hate Group

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think most people are being driven away from liberals and what they've come to represent these days . And many are keeping silent to keep the radicals from jumping down their throats from expressing an opinion. Hillary was a 90 something % favorite and a sure thing winner but got her butt beat .. I see average citizens becoming more and more fed up with all the extreme lib crap .. We will see .. And whoever is against national voter ID law is imo like the person who says ''you can search anywhere, just don't look in the bedroom closet''

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These things always swing back and forth. People were fed up with two wars so they voted for "hope and change." When people saw that for what it was they reversed course and voted to "Make America Great Again." I'm sure at some point they'll swing back the other way and then return again.

"Hope and Change" won't happen until people realize that there exists an equal branch of government. Though Congress has an approval rating in the teens one can be sure that for the most part the incumbents will maintain their office.

It somewhat follows that given Trump's recent remarks those with some moral concern would be outraged. It would also follow that those who choose to remain silent offer a form of complicity and collusion. It seems also to be the tendency at present to paint with broad strokes which further enables the "divide". True though that much can change, it seems that people tend to ultimately vote their wallet leaving much of future import lurking with possible deleterious consequences.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It somewhat follows that given Trump's recent remarks those with some moral concern would be outraged.

He denounced hatred on all sides, even naming many of the groups. What part of this outrages you?

It would also follow that those who choose to remain silent offer a form of complicity and collusion.

Ah yes, the old "Trump supporters are evil" mantra. How original.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He denounced hatred on all sides, even naming many of the groups. What part of this outrages you? Ah yes, the old "Trump supporters are evil" mantra. How original.

What he did was backtrack on his condemnation of the overt hate groups, as has been noted by myriad republicans, and the military, and there is a distinct moral difference between the two sides.

Please try and read with some careful attention unless your intent is simply to skew what one says. Explain how "Those who choose to remain silent" simply targets only Trump supporters? Guilty conscience?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What he did was backtrack on his condemnation of the overt hate groups, as has been noted by myriad republicans, and the military, and there is a distinct moral difference between the two sides.

He denounced hatred on all sides, clearly naming individual groups (as he has done in the past, by the way). But for some reason that isn't good enough for you. At this point that really is your issue.

Please try and read with some careful attention unless your intent is simply to skew what one says. Explain how "Those who choose to remain silent" simply targets only Trump supporters? Guilty conscience?

Where did I say your statement only applied to Trump supporters? And no, my dear, I have no guilty conscience over not kowtowing to your demands.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He denounced hatred on all sides, clearly naming individual groups (as he has done in the past, by the way). But for some reason that isn't good enough for you. At this point that really is your issue.

Perhaps many do not understand the meaning involved with false equivalence. On one side you have those who promote anti-Semitism, racism, and white superiority whereas on the other side you have those who oppose such hateful ideology. So fundamentally one side promotes hatred and one side opposes hatred. One might with justification condemn violence on either side but clearly there exists a distinct difference between the two sides...

[/QUOTE] Where did I say your statement only applied to Trump supporters? And no, my dear, I have no guilty conscience over not kowtowing to your demands.[/QUOTE]

Here is what you said "Ah yes, the old "Trump supporters are evil" mantra. How original."

Seems quite plain what you were suggesting...careful misquoting mantras.

I might note that something need not be original to be true. We may quote the Bible as truth though we aren't being "original".

Further, it should be self evident that to not resist "evil", to not speak against moral ills, and to turn a blind eye to blatant injustice is in many respects being complicit. Put another way: "Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." Popper

• Agree
Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But, could be a risky stance to take ?

Your thoughts ?

M-Bob
When idiots raise their ugly heads good Americans need to raise theirs higher. Taking a stand and addressing racism will not hurt Democrats. Allowing some on the right to spread lies about it, without bringing those lies out into the light may.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would just be happy if people could talk about racism without inciting racism. That'd be a nice change of pace.
Agreed, but this can only happen when all involved have an open mind. Currently, far too many on all sides only see their view as being right.

Upvote 0