Ban Creationism and Intelligent Design in the science classroom as federal law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
No one has said anything about some of the teachers being that way for years, so I don't see that happening anytime soon. (I say that because almost everyone at my school is a Christian, we all just happen to go to the same public school.)

~<Learn to Follow the Wolves>~

How many are planning to get their graduate degree in the biological sciences?

Upvote 0

EnemyOfReason

May 22, 2013
✟9,335.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
kellhus said:
I'm sorry your school is materially disadvantaging it's students in college and further careers in medicine and the sciences. If I find out which school you go to, I will send an email to your school board and the department of education so they can investigate and appropriately discipline those responsible.

No true scotsman fallacy.

Which is why I will never tell anyone on here where I go to school (since you people want to stick your nose in everything). My teacher taught us evolution, but said she didn't believe in it, and said she wasn't forcing us to believe anything, but that she just didn't believe it was true. I would say 9/10 teachers at our school are Christians.

What does that have to do with a song?

Upvote 0

EnemyOfReason

May 22, 2013
✟9,335.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm glad my school is violating that then. =)

Then your not learning anything kiddo. Being older then you I can assure that your entire ability to reason and think is being heavily corrupted.
You deny evidence (DNA included) and all forms of proof in favor of none proof. This is a dangerous sloop

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
TheImmaculateSlaveOfGod said:
Then your not learning anything kiddo. Being older then you I can assure that your entire ability to reason and think is being heavily corrupted.

Why do you people keep talking about this? She didn't teach us Creationism she taught us evolution but said she didn't believe it was true, but said that she wasn't going to force us into believing anything, that we should have a choice what we think is true.

Upvote 0

Forest Wolf

Magical And Blessed
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
✟16,495.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm pretty sure that the followers of christianity are most often described as sheep, even in their own Bible.

And wolves love them. :) Very tasty. And easy to hunt. Herd animals, with no capacity for independent thought. A wolf pack can eat well for a long time if the shepherd has no problem sacrificing a few to complete the circle of life outside the sheepfold.

Upvote 0

StormanNorman

Mar 5, 2013
✟15,795.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No one has said anything about some of the teachers being that way for years, so I don't see that happening anytime soon. (I say that because almost everyone at my school is a Christian, we all just happen to go to the same public school.)

Believe it or not, there are Christians who are in favor of the Separation of Church and State.... not to mention that it is illegal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
K

kellhus

Which is why I will never tell anyone on here where I go to school (since you people want to stick your nose in everything). My teacher taught us evolution, but said she didn't believe in it, and said she wasn't forcing us to believe anything, but that she just didn't believe it was true. I would say 9/10 teachers at our school are Christians.

What does that have to do with a song?

I'm glad she at least said she was going to be neutral on that part. She has no business presenting factually nonsensical fables like Intelligent Design and Creationism in the science classroom however. That is illegal, and ultimately should result in her dismissal.

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Loudmouth said:
And of those you know in high school, how many are planning to pursue a career in the biological sciences?

I don't know, but I know I am (because I'm going to college for veterinary medicine).

Upvote 0

EnemyOfReason

May 22, 2013
✟9,335.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why do you people keep talking about this? She didn't teach us Creationism she taught us evolution but said she didn't believe it was true, but said that she wasn't going to force us into believing anything, that we should have a choice what we think is true.

you posted...
I'm glad my school is violating that then. =)

in response to...

Habbit Animal said:
If creationism/ID, is taught in public schools it violates the tenets of church and State separation.

Obviously this means you were taught creationism

Upvote 0
K

kellhus

Why do you people keep talking about this? She didn't teach us Creationism

Intelligent Design is Creationism.

she taught us evolution but said she didn't believe it was true, but said that she wasn't going to force us into believing anything, that we should have a choice what we think is true.

That's a bad idea. Does your history teacher offer you the option to decide what you believe is true when you studied the Holocaust?

Fact is, lot of you will go on to college and fail and underperform quite badly compared to your peers in the sciences due to your teacher's perhaps-well-meant mistakes. That will lead to a number of people probably abandoning careers in medicine and/or the sciences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
TheImmaculateSlaveOfGod said:
you posted...

in response to...

Obviously this means you were taught creationism

If you go back and read what we have all posted so I don't have to explain myself again, I would appreciate it.

Reactions: EnemyOfReason
Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
kellhus said:
You are going to have to get onboard with evolutionary theory then, and the fact that it is extremely well-established.

Why? I'm going to try to be a veterinarian, not a master of evolution. I don't believe any part of that nonsense. God created us and all the animals on this planet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.