• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Baha'i Holy Day: Declaration of the Bab

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by Arthra, May 23, 2019.

1. Arthra

Arthra Baha'i

+513
    Other Religion
    Married
    The year 1844 in the Gregorian calendar was a year of expectancy in North America in a movement known as the Millerite movement when the Return of Christ was expected. Similarly in the Middle East was a time of expectancy when the appearance/return of the Twelfth Imam as well as the Qa'im and Mihdi were expected.

Baha'is around the world observe this day and refrain from work and school.

Siyyid Ali Muhammad Shirazi known as the Bab (Gate) announced His station to Mulla Husayn at the home of the Bab in Shiraz Persia on May 22-23 1844.

"If the whole world should arise to deny this cause, we must not fight. Our only role is to spread the teachings. If it be accepted, all is well; if not, leave the people to God."

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg Member

+102
    Australia
    Baha'i
    Married
    Humanity has now had 175 years to embrace this momentous occasion.

One could say "The greatest story ever told"

Regards Tony

3. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+4,896
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    And still we mostly haven't.

4. Tony Bristow-Stagg

+102
    Australia
    Baha'i
    Married
    That is true. The story is still not widely known and It is a most amazing story.

If one loves the greateat story told with Jesus the Christ. Then I see the story of the Bab would cement ones love for Christ.

Good to meet you and I hope you are well and happy, regards Tony

5. Lost4words

Lost4words Like a puppy, i need guidance. Supporter

+2,748
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Can i ask, what is 'Baha'i'

Thanks

6. Tony Bristow-Stagg

+102
    Australia
    Baha'i
    Married
    Good to meet you.

Baha'i is follower of Baha'u'llah. Translated Baha'u'llah means "Glory of God", or "Glory of the Lord".

The Bab means "Gate" or "Door". The Bab can be seen as Elijah who foretold of Baha'u'llah.

I hope you have a great day, it is a holy day for Baha'is.

Regards Tony

7. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+1,067
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Thank God we've ignored him.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Tony Bristow-Stagg

+102
    Australia
    Baha'i
    Married
    That is indeed a choice we can consider.

Personally I would always ask God that I be granted eyes to see and ears to hear what is only from Jesus the Christ.

In that way, I can hope in Gods Grace and Mercy, that I do not miss what is from Christ, in preference of my own understandings.

May Christ fill your day with much Love, regards Tony

9. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+1,067
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    The Bab was not Christ, nor was he sent by Christ which is why I do not bemoan humanity ignoring him or his supposed successor.

There is nothing missing from the Gospel that the Bab offers that is better or improved.

10. Tony Bristow-Stagg

+102
    Australia
    Baha'i
    Married
    I wish you all the best in life and Faith. May Christ be with you always.

Regards Tony

11. Arthra

Arthra Baha'i

+513
    Other Religion
    Married
    For those interested I'm adding a site where you can learn more about the Baha'i Faith:

The Bahá’í Faith - The website of the worldwide Bahá’í community

The Bab was born in 1819 and began His ministry with His declaration in 1844... In November 1844 He also declared His mission while on pilgrimage to Mecca. After returning to Persia He was eventually imprisoned and later tried and executed in Tabriz in 1850. His remains were eventually installed on Mount Carmel overlooking the Bay of Haifa around 1909.

Read more at
    The Life of the Báb | What Bahá’ís Believe