• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bad sleepless night.

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm really struggling with anxiety. I ended up having a panic attack. I can't sleep. Intrusive thoughts whirling in my head. I feel like a mess up as a mother. I wonder why I'm not normal

Please keep me in your prayers until I'm able to get help I guess.

I feel hopeless.

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,627.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
prayinghands2_zpsdycorju1.gif

You are in my Prayers!
May The Lord grant You
rest and sleep!

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can't sleep. Intrusive thoughts whirling in my head.

pleaseread point 4 from 25 tips for successfully treating your OCD, yes you don't have OCD, but the advice to just aacknowledge intrusive thoughts is valid for everyone.
Do discuss it with your therapist.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm really struggling with anxiety. I ended up having a panic attack. I can't sleep. Intrusive thoughts whirling in my head. I feel like a mess up as a mother. I wonder why I'm not normal

I feel hopeless.

When I was young I had lol colorful dreams you might say. So I talked to a grandmother that prayed 4 hours a day had so much power of God. She and her husband ran a bible study. She told me to read Psa 4 every night. So I started to and what was so strange yet cool was when I had those colorful dreams so to speak.. all the bad sex stuff was blurred out nothing else was just those. Then it stopped never had them since. I still read Psa 4 every night.

Its faith believing if God said it He will do it. In the NT its written if we know He hears us then we know we have the petitions/prayers we asked for. Now in Psa 4 he starts hear me when I call unto you or lord....then later read what he says "the Lord will hear when I call unto him". The lord WILL hear.. he knew the lord heard him. We today wonder doubt yet we need to KNOW because we are HIS He always hears us.

So read Psa 4 its when you get to the last part "I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety". There ya go...praise Him thank Him.

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2022
San Diego
✟16,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I feel hopeless.

I am suffering from very severe anxiety, as well. It has severely tested my faith. I just want to feel normal, but most days I'm scared. I have prayed fervently for several months. I am so mentally exhausted. I'm doing everything I can to please the Lord, but I feel that I am barely hanging on. This has been going on for about three months. I want to feel safe and secure in the Lord, but I don't. However, I have learned that he will not abandon us. He is closer to us when we are beaten down than any other time. It's easy to feel that the Lord is displeased with us when we suffer anxiety or depression, but that is not true. Just know that you aren't alone. There are many of us suffering along with you. We are all family. We hurt together. Best of all, Jesus hurts with us. We might not feel it all the time, but he is with us. Look at the life of Jesus. He was persecuted, despised, and abandoned by his closest friends. In the end, he wondered if God had forsaken him. Does that sound like you? Do you feel alone and abandoned? Jesus went through the same thing. He did it so that he could understand and empathize with us. Take it one day at a time. It might feel like it will never end, but it will. But don't hurry. Jesus said not to worry about tomorrow, as today has enough problems. You do the same. Take it one day at a time.

Upvote 0