• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bad news about cancer

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by SeraTaru, Dec 7, 2017.

1. SeraTaru

SeraTaru Member

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Hi brothers and sisters,

I'm afraid we got the results today and my wife has breast cancer.

She goes into hospital for a preliminary operation on 20th Dec - our 4th wedding anniversary.

Then more tests will determine if it's solvable with radiotherapy or if more aggressive chemotherapy etc.,

Thank you for your prayers - God is good no matter what happens.

I would appreciate especially your prayers not so much for the sickness, but that God would do a work in Andrea to increase her faith and closeness to God, her appetite for the word and help her to stay strong.

Many thanks & Blessings

~David

• Prayers Prayers x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  2. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,774
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Prayers sent out for you two on this early morning from the mountain top.
    M-Bob

3. Little Lantern

Little Lantern "The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD." Supporter

+2,162
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Continuing to pray for you and your wife. Thank you for the update.

4. Sarah G

Sarah G Human bean. Supporter

+925
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Married
    Praying that you both feel the presence of Lord Jesus Christ strongly in your lives at this difficult time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. SeraTaru

SeraTaru Member

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    That's very good advice thanks I will make sure she looks at this and I'll go on Amazon and see what books there are about diet :)

God bless!

6. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldly! Supporter

+14,153
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Praying Bro.

PM me if you are seeking second opinions at this point.

God Bless

7. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+89,654
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    :heart: Praying for your precious wife, and you too David (((hug)))

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Radicchio

Radicchio Newbie Supporter

+81
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Praying for healing, comfort, and strong faith.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+1,072
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    This is an awesome purpose for prayer, you got it but you're getting the rest too, not just the work of God for her faith but healing as well. In the name of Jesus. Amen

I have a little pet peeve with breast cancer, my mother let it go too long before telling anyone, she died at age 57 from it. And today they have so much more, much more effective treatment for this, it's good they had to go find it and it wasn't blossoming out as in my mothers time in that apple cart. The success rate today is very high, it's amazing what they do today. With God in it, all the better. God Bless you both.

10. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill Well-Known Member

+2,582
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Father, I thank You that You have moved people to pray for this couple and also to offer practical, physical suggestions along with that prayer. Thank You that You have provided some natural cures, and thank You that we don't have to totally rely on chemo, radiation, or natural cures, but that Your supernatural power is available to call upon as well. Before we call on that power, we also call upon Your love, grace, mercy, and guidance into what the thoughts and actions would be pleasing to You. As one alluded to, we give You thanks and praise, love and trust, no matter what happens, for You never change, and are always worthy of these things from us. May Your special blessing be upon this couple, and may they be uplifted by Your Spirit, victorious in the way they respond to the circumstances, glorying in You and in Your sovereignty over all things. Amen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. hope

hope Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,149
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    761377cdf583e64ff87855eb72dd7e4a--prayers-for-healing-healing-prayer.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Ash8676

Ash8676 Seeker of Answers To Life Supporter Angels Team

+328
    Christian
    Private
    Praying for your wife, that God send the healing see needs and that he give the doctors wisdom with the treatments they plan for her. Praying for you as well.

13. Strong Wave

Strong Wave Active Member

+253
    Christian
    Private
    David, it’s heartbreaking to know that your wife has been diagnosed with cancer. The Lord has reasons of His own for allowing such difficult circumstances to enter our lives, though we have no way of knowing what His purposes are in permitting this trial. But I'm certain that He cares for your wife and wants us to pray. I'll be praying for our Heavenly Father to heal Andrea, according to His will and perfect timing. I’m praying for you, too, that He may comfort and strengthen you during this time. Grace and peace you.

14. SeraTaru

SeraTaru Member

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you all for these genuine and touching messages of support and your prayers - Our God Is Good!

15. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+89,654
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    :heart: God bless you David, continuing to pray for your precious wife, and you too (((hug)))