4lifeinchrist
Dec 28, 2003
Squamish
✟11,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not last night, but the night before I was having and awful dream that I was possesed by a demon. In my dream I asked a sister from church to pray for me. She said "Oh no there is nothing wrong with you." I told her while looking in her eyes "yes, there is a problem." This dream does not relate to my life in any way, that I can think of.
I woke up, prayed for myself and my family. asked the Lord for protection and angels to surround our home. I called on the blood of Jesus and quoted, "I have not be given a spirit of fear but of love, power and a sound mind." Then I read my bible for a little while before I went back to sleep.
Why would I dream something like this? I must say the next morning I was a little disturbed about the dream.

LynneClomina

Jan 31, 2004
Canada
Visit site
✟17,768.00
Faith
Calvinist
in what way possesed? what that word means to you will make a big difference in how your dream might be interpreted....

maybe its less so about the possesion as it is with coming to a sister with a SERIOUS problem, and they discount it?

hmmmm.... interesting dream!

blessings, Lynne

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟568,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
mle said:
Not last night, but the night before I was having and awful dream that I was possesed by a demon. In my dream I asked a sister from church to pray for me. She said "Oh no there is nothing wrong with you." I told her while looking in her eyes "yes, there is a problem." This dream does not relate to my life in any way, that I can think of.
I woke up, prayed for myself and my family. asked the Lord for protection and angels to surround our home. I called on the blood of Jesus and quoted, "I have not be given a spirit of fear but of love, power and a sound mind." Then I read my bible for a little while before I went back to sleep.
Why would I dream something like this? I must say the next morning I was a little disturbed about the dream.

I have experienced this, as have other people who have cast demons out of people. Very often, the night before the encounter, I would have what my wife and I call a "demon dream". I think it is a pre-emptive strike by the demon to knock you off your base and get you doubting prior to the confrontation. I have a brother in ND who said he always knew the night before if he would have a confrontation with demons because he also would be attacked in this way.
Perhaps you were being set up for such an encounter, and were being attacked before as I have suggested above. You may not have been planning to cast any devils out.... but maybe a witness or some other bit of warfare?

Upvote 0

Heinrich

Jul 16, 2003
Western Cape
✟762.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm no dream expert...

I might be wrong but if that dream was from God (which I doubt) it was a call for you to intercede... I would not know for what.

There is really nothing to be afraid of sinse no demon can possess you or something like that.. Like Jesus says in Revelations: "Don't be afraid!"

I'm taking a guess here but it might be that you should deal with "fear". Don't go into all the is this a demon or not doctrine it won't help :)
Jesus said that if you have faith like a little mustard seed you can move mountains... If your mountain is FEAR then speak to it and see the salvation of the LORD!

Fear is the number one weapon of the enemy, so we must cut it down as soon as possible.

God bless

Upvote 0

mle

4lifeinchrist
Dec 28, 2003
Squamish
✟11,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
didaskalos said:
I have experienced this, as have other people who have cast demons out of people. Very often, the night before the encounter, I would have what my wife and I call a "demon dream". I think it is a pre-emptive strike by the demon to knock you off your base and get you doubting prior to the confrontation. I have a brother in ND who said he always knew the night before if he would have a confrontation with demons because he also would be attacked in this way.
Perhaps you were being set up for such an encounter, and were being attacked before as I have suggested above. You may not have been planning to cast any devils out.... but maybe a witness or some other bit of warfare?

This is an interesting thought. I have no experience with casting out demons nor have I felt led to this area of ministry(yet). I'm not sure if this was an attack of the enemy on me personaly or a foreshadow.

LynneClomina said:
maybe its less so about the possesion as it is with coming to a sister with a SERIOUS problem, and they discount it?

hmmmm.... interesting dream!

blessings, Lynne

Perhaps you are right about the sister. She is someone I realy look up to at church and she has been away for the last two weeks visiting her sister out of town.

Heinrich said:
Fear is the number one weapon of the enemy, so we must cut it down as soon as possible.

I agree that fear is part of what I was coming against in that dream. That is why when I woke I used the two edged sword on the enemy and said "I have not been given a spirit of fear but of love and power and a sound mind."
I am not afraid of demons of possesion. I am a child of the living God rendering Satan powerless over me.
It was an uncomfortable dream. I have never had a dream like this before so it did bother me somewhat.

I feel like I have more questions now, than ever before. This is a good thing though. I need to talk to God.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I find that when I actively come against a demon in prayer, I sometimes get a demon dream.

I recently had one a few days back that was rather vivid. You see, my sis has been harassed by a spirit, so I have been praying for her.

One night, I dream that I was in my room sleeping with my wife. In that dream I woke up in my room in the nite and saw that our toilet door had been smashed through. In the dream I knew that an intruder had come thru our toilet window and smashed through our toilet door and gone out into the living room.

In the dream I was frightened. I went into the living room. I took a baseball bat from my storeroom and was kind of stumbling in the dark. I was trying to go to the powerbox to turn on the power for the lights so I could see clearly.

As I reached for the box, a saw a dark figure rushed straight at me and sort of like stab me in the abdomen. I groaned and that's when my wife woke me up.

When I get such dreams, the scary thing is that it is very real, unlike your normal dreams.

one other thing: can someone tell me why when I get such dreams, I can't seem to speak. In such dreams I am frightened yet I want to 'battle' the demon, but I just can't speak -- you know, like too frightened and your voice just disappears.

It's very frustrating becos I can't even call out the name of Jesus. I can only muster up a moaning sound, by which my wife wakes me up.

Upvote 0

mle

4lifeinchrist
Dec 28, 2003
Squamish
✟11,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lord, I come before you now in the name if Jesus. Thank you Lord that we can come before you. Lord I ask that Andrews tongue would be loosed in his dreams to call on his saviour Jesus. Lord I pray if there is anything in his life holding him back fro doing this that you would reveal it to him. Lord I ask you for Andrews protection and the peace tha passes all understanding. Lord I pray that you would bless this brother and his family. I thank you Lord and praise You and give glory to You. Amen.

Upvote 0

flyfishing

Feb 6, 2004
✟612.00
Faith
Christian
mle said:

Perhaps you were reading the thread on can christians be demonized and your subconcious was affected??

Dreams that are atacks are ones that wake you up in the middle of the night so this could have been an attack of the enemy..

The post about "lemon dreams" i would take with a grain of sand. satan is actually wiser than most give him credit for. He is not going to announce his presence by a dream.

The main thing is that you handled it in the right way and let ole slewfoot no that there is no way you will fall for his tricks..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Andrew said:
I find that when I actively come against a demon in prayer, I sometimes get a demon dream.

I recently had one a few days back that was rather vivid. You see, my sis has been harassed by a spirit, so I have been praying for her.

One night, I dream that I was in my room sleeping with my wife. In that dream I woke up in my room in the nite and saw that our toilet door had been smashed through. In the dream I knew that an intruder had come thru our toilet window and smashed through our toilet door and gone out into the living room.

In the dream I was frightened. I went into the living room. I took a baseball bat from my storeroom and was kind of stumbling in the dark. I was trying to go to the powerbox to turn on the power for the lights so I could see clearly.

As I reached for the box, a saw a dark figure rushed straight at me and sort of like stab me in the abdomen. I groaned and that's when my wife woke me up.

When I get such dreams, the scary thing is that it is very real, unlike your normal dreams.

one other thing: can someone tell me why when I get such dreams, I can't seem to speak. In such dreams I am frightened yet I want to 'battle' the demon, but I just can't speak -- you know, like too frightened and your voice just disappears.

It's very frustrating becos I can't even call out the name of Jesus. I can only muster up a moaning sound, by which my wife wakes me up.
Your dream is very unusual compared to what I experienced. I have nightmares before that are so vivid, they seem more like real.

I find myself unable to speak too. I believe what you will need to pray hard is that you need to prayer against a demon of fear. The invasion of demon into our mind during our sleep is to place us in fear. Just pray for the Holy SPirit to strengthen you with boldness against the powers of demon. That is the first step to attack a demon of fear.

Upvote 0

flyfishing

Feb 6, 2004
✟612.00
Faith
Christian
The blood will never lose its power. Glory to GOD.. We are victorious... ITs not by might nor by power but by GODS SPIRIT.. Hallelujah he made an open show of all the devils, triumphing over them in victory parade. Coloosians 2:15. Jesus holds the keys... Amen... Bless all those who have suffered theese attacks, my Jesus.. They do not have to allow this.. Let them see their authority in you...

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My bad dreams only and only ever consisted of my fears. When I was a child I would dream of being lost from my great-grandmother (she raised me). When I started performing in front of people in concerts and playing sports I would always have dreams of not being prepared or forgetting my shoes to play soccer in.

I have had only a hand full of spiritually negative dreams that I can remember. And they were all weird and very wacked out. I never gave them $0.02 of consideration.

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
I often have a dream(well it's not really a nightmare, or demonic) of going back to an Apt. I use to live in 15 yrs ago, and doing some last cleaning--in the dream, it's as if I left some of my belongings in the Apt. and I go back to get them--even after all those years. I know it probably means something.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

flyfishing

Feb 6, 2004
✟612.00
Faith
Christian
cherokeehippie said:
I often have a dream(well it's not really a nightmare, or demonic) of going back to an Apt. I use to live in 15 yrs ago, and doing some last cleaning--in the dream, it's as if I left some of my belongings in the Apt. and I go back to get them--even after all those years. I know it probably means something.

Did ya get your security deposit back?? :D

Seriously probaly does have some meaning..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.