• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bad dreams and cannot sleep

Glasgow84

Oct 3, 2020
Glasgow
✟7,897.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey everyone,

I am new to this site but I have been encouraged by the posts I have read and the support on here.

I have suffered with OCD for many years now and in particular pure OCD. Recently I have not been able to sleep it's horrible and my head is like a washing machine and also bad dreams have been occuring but I replay them over thi king is God speaking to me through this or not and constantly obsessing over it but to be honest they are dark dreams but telling myself that still doesn't help.

I also never feel the lord's presence anymore or his peace it's horrible feel so far off from him but trying to learn how to just trust no matter what but very hard.

Any way I would appreciated your prayers.

Love from Scotland
Grace and peace ✌️
Mb

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
Did something traumatic happen recently? We are seal with the promise of the holy ghost, God will not leave or loose you. Pray and fast if you feel it is a spiritual attack.

Jhon 6 "39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

Ephesians 1 "13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,"

OCD is a personality disorder and a clinical condition, I would suggest to speak with a professional.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Glasgow84, I am very sorry to hear about all that you are struggling with right now :( I am praying for you brother.

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
p.s. - I should also say, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hey everyone,

I am new to this site but I have been encouraged by the posts I have read and the support on here.

I have suffered with OCD for many years now and in particular pure OCD. Recently I have not been able to sleep it's horrible and my head is like a washing machine and also bad dreams have been occuring but I replay them over thi king is God speaking to me through this or not and constantly obsessing over it but to be honest they are dark dreams but telling myself that still doesn't help.

I also never feel the lord's presence anymore or his peace it's horrible feel so far off from him but trying to learn how to just trust no matter what but very hard.

Love from Scotland
Grace and peace ✌️
Mb

Sorry to hear that ... am praying for you.

Also asking that

1. you avoid any entertainment games, news that might be "messing with your head" - keep it simple for a while.

2. Don't eat anything beyond soup or super light veggie at night for evening meal so that all the healing work being done by your body - is all reserved for your brain-regenerate project at night and is not diverted to "doing more digestion" because of some huge meal introduced in the evening.

3. Take a 20 minute walk in the evening.

4. drink lots of water - don't drink junk.

5. read this very short (free) devotional book for the next few days...

steps1

We are praying for you..

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I find nightmares to be extremely beneficial - especially if I write them down and get 'under the hood'. You may discover a lot of hidden answers to a lot of problems.

Getting 'one up' on OCD requires rebellion on your part. When I had finally had enough of it, I decided to wake up one morning - and right from the very beginning (starting with leaving my bed in a complete mess) went through the entire day doing everything wrong on purpose.

It caused me mild distress in the beginning, but by midday, I felt liberated. It was like spitting in the face of an evil tyrant and laughing at them. It's all a question of giving yourself permission to just let go. Letting go is the hardest part.

But yeah, if you can, start taking a closer look at some of these dreams. Try not to be afraid of them.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey everyone,

Love from Scotland
Grace and peace ✌️
Mb
Hey everyone,

Love from Scotland
Grace and peace ✌️
Mb
Welcome, and thank you for sharing! OCD is so hard to deal with, but thankfully there's a lot of help for it, and ways to learn to manage it. Are you getting any professional help right now, and/or learning about it on your own? I'd be happy to suggest some good websites, if you need some resources.

Upvote 0

Joy Lawrence

Oct 19, 2020
Abuja
✟15,904.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I'm new here.. I have OCD too and been difficult sleeping at night, sometimes have bad dreams too. What has been helping me sleep a bit better is praying about bad dreams before going to bed, you can browse it if you dunno what to say and playing Christian songs in the background while I'm sleeping...it helps. Pray to cancel them anytime you have them. God will you you through and grant you peace in Jesus name Amen

Upvote 0