Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Catholic service with Roman Catholic, Anglican and Presbyterian clergy jointly participating together"

Is that allowed for Roman Catholics??

I think @charsan is part of the Charismatic Episcopal Church.

Yes I am. I am studying to be a Priest in the CEC which is going slowly. I was Evangelical -> Catholic -> CEC

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Raised mostly Baptist with a little UPC Pentecostal influence.

Explored what seems like almost everything with varying degrees of interest.

But mostly Baptist - Methodist, varying Pentecostal and non-denom - particular affinity for AoG, messianic, Foursquare, and Vineyard - started investigating Anglican and Lutheran (and Catholicism but only for informational purposes) ... and finally Orthodox, thank God.

There were others of lesser duration or again, just informationally (such as Mormonism).

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Generic Non-denominational growing up. Reformed (PCA) in my teens until I was 21. I attended a Catholic parish for about 9 months and attended my first Orthodox Liturgy when I was 22. I was received into the Church at 23.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Raised Roman Catholic in the Irish tradition. My stepmom became Orthodox in the 1980s, eventually when she and my dad married, he became Orthodox. Sometime later I read Timothy Ware's "The Orthodox Church" and was sold. I was chrismated in 2006 when I was sixteen.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, born orthodox. :)
I remember I asked our Confessor when he visited if he had always been Orthodox.

He said "no, I was born and then I was baptized".

:)

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Raised in a merged Methodist/Presbyterian church. Estranged to varying degrees from Christianity for about 25 years. In 2003 rediscovered the Gospel drifting from Landmark Baptist to 4 Square Pentecostal for a year. In 2004 I was supposed to be baptized into the Pentecostal church but I balked. Instead I just decided to investigate the Orthodox parish my father had originally been raised in but his father had separated from in the 1940s (although my grandmother, who I did not know, had rejoined). I never looked back & was baptized & chrismated in 2005 on Holy Saturday before Pascha.

Upvote 0