Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I recently started a thread about the pros and cons of having a single, unified, worldwide church, as opposed to the many denominations we currently have. Certainly, when we pass onto the resurrection, we will have a single, unified, worldwide church.

But for the time being, I would suggest that, people being the way they are, a single, unified, worldwide church's objectives would not fully align with the Lord's objectives, and for that reason, the Lord would rather there be denominations. I think the Tower of Babel is suggestive of this.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There's no indication in Scripture that the 'Church' will be in the life after this life.
Quite the opposite, thankfully - no 'Church' after this life.
Thankfully, due to , well, look around.... do you see people obedient to Yahweh ? People who refuse to harm another person ? People who have not one iota of greed in their life ? People in whom there is not one lie ?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
There's no indication in Scripture that the 'Church' will be in the life after this life.
Quite the opposite, thankfully - no 'Church' after this life.
Thankfully, due to , well, look around.... do you see people obedient to Yahweh ? People who refuse to harm another person ? People who have not one iota of greed in their life ? People in whom there is not one lie ?
It takes some effort to obey the Lord's commandments, but failure to do so brings misery into our own lives. The alternative is to obey the commandments and enjoy the consequences of that. I think in the final analysis, people will choose to obey those commandments. I'm guessing there are a lot of deathbed conversions.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
There are around 47 thousand denominations but there is only one church.
Well, then, we're getting back to how to define "church." I am addressing the issue some people raise regarding how many denominations there should be.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Mathew 16:6 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock, I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
We can all consider ourselves part of the same church, even now, but for whatever reason, the Lord allows for there to be 47,000 denominations (according to Messianist).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I were a smart aleck, I'd ask you to list them.
We can all consider ourselves part of the same church, even now, but for whatever reason, the Lord allows for there to be 47,000 denominations (according to Messianist).
do you think all these people and denominations are saved if you do your homework you can see for your self without me listing them.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
do you think all these people and denominations are saved if you do your homework you can see for your self without me listing them.
I don't think the Lord judges us according to the denomination we belong to - I think we are judged as to whether or not we obey his commandments.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
#1 the church of new york city
#2 the church of boston
#3 the church of miami
#4 the church of chicago
#47001 the church of bosnia
$47002, Sparks United Methodist Church of Sparks, Nevada.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
"It o n l y takes a spark, to get a fire goooooingg.......
Well, maybe my words at a church meeting yesterday, addressing how many services to have on Sunday morning, and what to do about the fact we have so few children in our church, will have some effect.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Trying a one-church run by men didn't work out the first time. There's no reason to think it would work a second time. Those who are His are one body and He is the head of the Church. I think it's easier just to keep in that way and not submit ourselves further under men with political aspirations and delusions of grandeur.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Trying a one-church run by men didn't work out the first time. There's no reason to think it would work a second time. Those who are His are one body and He is the head of the Church. I think it's easier just to keep in that way and not submit ourselves further under men with political aspirations and delusions of grandeur.
I think that's the problem - sometimes the vainest people are able to maneuver themselves into positions of leadership.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0