Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How is it not hypocritical to vilify a program while benefiting from it?

The "vilification" here is saying, "we, including myself, should not have to pay for this program at all." There is nothing hypocritical about saying, "until this program goes away as it should, we should get our money back from it if possible."

It's the same as saying, "we should not have to go through a government approval process for X, but until we can get rid of it, we will follow the law." It's just sensible.

Upvote 0
M

MattRose

I see a lot of people are hung up on the Medicaid issue.

Let's look at what Bachmann "said". I have said it quotes cuz I didn't find what she said, only what a reporter said she said. Bachmann has previously slammed Minnesota's governor for trying to expand Medicaid coverage even as her husband's clinic was taking it in. Her family's actions seem to contradict her words, which could become a headache for her on the White House campaign trail. If this is what she said, it would be a bit hypocritical. I.e. Don't expand medicaid, but I'll keep my nose in the medicaid trough in the meantime. Maybe she's on a diet and she doesn't want the temptation.

The other part of the federal aid Mr. Bachmann received is easier to use to bash his wife. It was from an aid program that the feds don't force on ya. The Bachmann's partook, but want the rest of us to refrain. Do as I say, not as I do.

I'm still ready with my Bachmann Turner Overdrive quip as soon as it fits something goofy she does with someone named Turner. I have high hopes.

Upvote 0