Babes in Christ, and Sons and Daughters of God?

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello you and welcome to this topic.

Please read thoroughly; there are several questions for you.

Who are babes in Christ Jesus?
Who are sons and daughters?

What difference is there?

In 1 Corinthians 3:1 Paul mentions to the Corinthians this: Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in Christ.​

Why could Paul not talk to these people at Corinthians as spiritual people in his first letter he wrote to them?

What is Paul saying when mentions he could only talk to them as people who belonged in this world?

Who are sons and daughters of God?

Hebrews 12:8 If you are not disciplined--and everyone undergoes discipline--then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9Furthermore, we have all had earthly fathers who disciplined us, and we respected them. Should we not much more submit to the Father of our spirits and live?​

When does discipline occur in lives of believers?

What type of disciple is it? Comforting? Abusive?

What does it look like?

What does the writer of Hebrews mean to submit to the Father of our spirits?

In search of your answers.

May the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, and grace be upon you all.

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...Who are sons and daughters of God?...

Those who are righteous.

He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

• Useful
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello you and welcome to this topic.

Please read thoroughly; there are several questions for you.

Who are babes in Christ Jesus?
Who are sons and daughters?

What difference is there?
All Christians are either sons or daughters in Christ and start out as babes in Christ. We grow develop at different rates to stop being a babe and go to maturity. We need to always continue to grow or we will wither.

In 1 Corinthians 3:1 Paul mentions to the Corinthians this: Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in Christ.​

Why could Paul not talk to these people at Corinthians as spiritual people in his first letter he wrote to them?
They can handle good mature training.

What is Paul saying when mentions he could only talk to them as people who belonged in this world?

Who are sons and daughters of God?
All Christians.

Hebrews 12:8 If you are not disciplined--and everyone undergoes discipline--then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9Furthermore, we have all had earthly fathers who disciplined us, and we respected them. Should we not much more submit to the Father of our spirits and live?​

When does discipline occur in lives of believers?

What type of disciple is it? Comforting? Abusive?

What does it look like?

What does the writer of Hebrews mean to submit to the Father of our spirits?

In search of your answers.

May the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, and grace be upon you all.
The greatest Loving discipline we go through is empathetically being crucified with Christ because of our past sins and to receive all the benefits of a Loving, just and fair disciplining. As we go through our Christian life we are reminded and reexperience weekly (or as often as we take the Lord’s Supper) this torturous experience, that also has the greatest Love being experienced.

• Useful
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Sons and Daughters of God are sanctified from the world.
2 Corinthians 6:
Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God.
As God has said:
I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.
17 Therefore
Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.

Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.
18 I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Those who are righteous.

He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10
1213, Thank you for your post. It is about loving our brothers and sisters I agree. Jesus Christ our Lord produces that love inside of us by his working on our hearts.

All Christians are either sons or daughters in Christ and start out as babes in Christ. We grow develop at different rates to stop being a babe and go to maturity. We need to always continue to grow or we will wither.

They can handle good mature training.

All Christians.

The greatest Loving discipline we go through is empathetically being crucified with Christ because of our past sins and to receive all the benefits of a Loving, just and fair disciplining. As we go through our Christian life we are reminded and reexperience weekly (or as often as we take the Lord’s Supper) this torturous experience, that also has the greatest Love being experienced.

Bling so there what are the differences between babes in Christ, and Sons and daughters of God exactly? What does it mean to you starting out as a babe in Christ?

So the discipline is a loving discipline, that is good to know, brother bling.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Who are babes in Christ, Minister monardo?
Hebrews 5:
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1213, Thank you for your post. It is about loving our brothers and sisters I agree. Jesus Christ our Lord produces that love inside of us by his working on our hearts.

Bling so there what are the differences between babes in Christ, and Sons and daughters of God exactly? What does it mean to you starting out as a babe in Christ?

So the discipline is a loving discipline, that is good to know, brother bling.
Babes in Christ are sons and daughter, but babes need to grow. Babes are in experienced Christians.
My single one day awakening happened this way:

For many years, I experienced and believed Christianity had no real down side. It was a happy, easy and rewarding life, everyone should jump at.

I use to teach “we (Christians) all sin lots of times and cannot keep from it, but we are constantly being washed by the blood of Christ, so we are without sin in that case.” That was before I met a group of Christians that risked death for themselves and others by sinning, just any sign of not doing what Christ would be doing in that moment. Here is what happened:

I got thrown into (volunteering if needed) with the youth (13-21 age) prisoners program teaching Bible (one hour on Sunday morning to a group of 14 with three other Christians teaching groups of 14) and I was teaching three groups of “Christians”. The first group were guys (going to school it is called) that start out causing trouble and getting thrown in the tank. Then they start increasingly attending the Bible services, carrying their Bible, being nice, eventually being baptized and saying they are Christian. By the time the parole board meets they have this glowing report showing continued improvement tied to their increased spirituality and are released and they were fun to teach. These guys still carry weapons, are members of a gang, and every prisoner knows they just “went to school” to get out. The second group were converted before they went to prison (grandma conversions), but on the first day they are watching raunchy TV, hanging with a loss group, laughing at off colored jokes, were not always talking about Jesus and were not trying to convert others. Their first day in prison the snitches see this, the snitches talk to the Bulls that approach these “Christians” saying you are not a Christian (doing everything Christ would do) and make them a slave (often sexual) or at best a gang member. They still come to Bible study on Sunday, good students, so they can tell Granny (who visits them Sunday afternoon) what they learned, but they are slaves (sometimes sexually) to some bull. The third group is fanatical, they stick close to each other, they: study, pray, witness to everyone, and avoid even a hint of insincerity that the snitches could see. They carry no weapons, but step between those that are being beaten especially persecuted. This group had grown over the last 3 years from just a couple of guys to now 42, but it came at a high price. Each convert had on the day he was baptized given up the protection of his gang membership, turned over his weapons along with all his possessions (the gang owns everything including them), they were beaten if not by the gang they left, then by other gangs looking for payback and then they were watched constantly looking for any sign the snitches might interpret as weakness (anything less than what Christ would do in the situation, would result in a beating and it could be to death). There is absolutely no privacy and these Christians never wanted to be found alone. They slept in barracks where at least one stayed awake all night praying over the others, so they could sleep without the fear of being smashed in the head in the middle of the night. These guys believed and counted on power from the Holy Spirit, I did not know existed. They come battered and bruised each week hungry for some real meaningful Christ like lesson that goes beyond their group study of 40+hours that week on the same subject, which I could not provide. They mostly helped me with my poor example of Christianity and lack of knowledge and lack of wisdom. They mentored me even though they were only Christian for a few months, but I was a poor disciple and could not keep up with them.

My first time teaching this class, a non-Christian at the end of my shameful lesson asked me a question I could not answer and a young new convert jumped in and answered for me but first said: “Don’t bother him, he is a newbie” (yet I had been a Christian for 10 years and he had been a Christian less then a year, yet he was right and I was the babe.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bling thank you for sharing you story, sir (very insightful as far as being in the prison system teaching the word of God ).

Seems odd that babes in Christ, are automatically sons and daughters. It takes a couple of years before a baby is a child then a mature son or daughter. What was the question that you were not able to answer? Because you left us on a cliff hanger brother.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bling thank you for sharing you story, sir (very insightful as far as being in the prison system teaching the word of God ).

Seems odd that babes in Christ, are automatically sons and daughters. It takes a couple of years before a baby is a child then a mature son or daughter. What was the question that you were not able to answer? Because you left us on a cliff hanger brother.
It really was not just one question but all their questions were way beyond me. We are talking about the longest hour of my life. I thought I knew it all and was a spirit giant in the kingdom (compared to everyone else I knew). After taking a job in Raleigh, I volunteered to do anything they needed at the local Church. This Church was very strange, they were extremely loving and really got into the word. After being there a while one of the four Sunday School teachers for the youth prison (14-21) had to take off suddenly, without one of the regular backup guys to fill in and asked if I would sub. I thought it would be great to add to my spiritual résumé “prison teacher” so I said “sure”. The Sunday school books supplied by another Church had to be on the OT only and the chapter was on David and Bathsheba, which I had seen at least 3 movies about and the lesson book they used was easy. I was wondering how I was going to fell an hour with this simple lesson and I was use to teens not saying anything and being completely unprepared.

It was hot in the gym and the groups were already seated in 4 circles of 14 or so, when I got there four minutes late, the other teachers had started. The cons were in T shirts most did not have their lesson book or even a Bible (I found out later most could not read will). A few minutes into the lesson, I said something about David being evil or real bad or something like that and a hand went up: the prisoner asked “In here, David would be a hero like the heroes of pre-civilized Greece that Homer wrote about, what makes you think in David’s culture at this same time as Homer there was a difference?” I had no idea what he was talking about. These guys are religious “fanatics” they are 24/7 Christians all the way. These guys have studied the Sunday school lesson in groups for 40 hours or so that week, they had it memorized, they have discussed all the practical applications to the story on their side of the wall, the question now is “How do Christians apply this message to in our lives on the other side of the wall?” These guys wanted me to help them and they started asking questions like crazy. I did not know at the time but the 6 teacher they had where truly Spiritual giants and I was a novice at best.

When they asked about my personal experience dealing with sin, my pride kicked in and I lied to them, since I was personally doing a poor job compared to them. I learned right then you cannot lie to professional liars and they paused and asked me, “Why are you lying”. At some point I said something about there being a difference between public and private sins, and that just opened a flood gate because that is not something they had discussed, because they had no privacy they asked: “Did I go through any solid doors, where there curtains on the windows around me” and “Why would I not confess even my “private” sins to other Christians, did I not want, need, or feel others could help?”

The question at the end came from a non-Christian prisoner who after listening to me, asked: “This David guy I like and he could lead my gang, but you want me to follow this weak Jesus, so why would I follow Him?” A young new Christian said, “I’ll answer you, leave him (me) alone he is a newbie”.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It really was not just one question but all their questions were way beyond me. We are talking about the longest hour of my life. I thought I knew it all and was a spirit giant in the kingdom (compared to everyone else I knew). After taking a job in Raleigh, I volunteered to do anything they needed at the local Church. This Church was very strange, they were extremely loving and really got into the word. After being there a while one of the four Sunday School teachers for the youth prison (14-21) had to take off suddenly, without one of the regular backup guys to fill in and asked if I would sub. I thought it would be great to add to my spiritual résumé “prison teacher” so I said “sure”. The Sunday school books supplied by another Church had to be on the OT only and the chapter was on David and Bathsheba, which I had seen at least 3 movies about and the lesson book they used was easy. I was wondering how I was going to fell an hour with this simple lesson and I was use to teens not saying anything and being completely unprepared.

It was hot in the gym and the groups were already seated in 4 circles of 14 or so, when I got there four minutes late, the other teachers had started. The cons were in T shirts most did not have their lesson book or even a Bible (I found out later most could not read will). A few minutes into the lesson, I said something about David being evil or real bad or something like that and a hand went up: the prisoner asked “In here, David would be a hero like the heroes of pre-civilized Greece that Homer wrote about, what makes you think in David’s culture at this same time as Homer there was a difference?” I had no idea what he was talking about. These guys are religious “fanatics” they are 24/7 Christians all the way. These guys have studied the Sunday school lesson in groups for 40 hours or so that week, they had it memorized, they have discussed all the practical applications to the story on their side of the wall, the question now is “How do Christians apply this message to in our lives on the other side of the wall?” These guys wanted me to help them and they started asking questions like crazy. I did not know at the time but the 6 teacher they had where truly Spiritual giants and I was a novice at best.

When they asked about my personal experience dealing with sin, my pride kicked in and I lied to them, since I was personally doing a poor job compared to them. I learned right then you cannot lie to professional liars and they paused and asked me, “Why are you lying”. At some point I said something about there being a difference between public and private sins, and that just opened a flood gate because that is not something they had discussed, because they had no privacy they asked: “Did I go through any solid doors, where there curtains on the windows around me” and “Why would I not confess even my “private” sins to other Christians, did I not want, need, or feel others could help?”

The question at the end came from a non-Christian prisoner who after listening to me, asked: “This David guy I like and he could lead my gang, but you want me to follow this weak Jesus, so why would I follow Him?” A young new Christian said, “I’ll answer you, leave him (me) alone he is a newbie”.

Wow what a story! Bling. What did you learn from all of this? Also in commenting would like to post this video.

This is my teacher who taught me many things while still being new to Christianity he is talking here in this episode about Sons and Daughters. Which is part 4.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow what a story! Bling. What did you learn from all of this? Also in commenting would like to post this video.

This is my teacher who taught me many things while still being new to Christianity he is talking here in this episode about Sons and Daughters. Which is part 4.

As for what I learned from my experience, I am still learning. One thing was the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit that if I do not quench Him could keep me from sinning. Lots about confessing, repenting, fellowship, Christian life, witnessing, understanding scripture, commitment, materialism, worship, and really everything else in being a Christian.

I did listen to your video and had some issues:

First look at (NIV) Is. 9: 7 Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.

This is a very poetic passage, the NIV might give the better interpretation to.

The “will be no end” is actually referring to the “peace” and not to the greatness of His government.

What the speaker is suggesting is: “the kingdom will grow forever”, but that cannot be true if you have a finite number of people (even if it is 100 billion) there would be some stopping point to growth over an infinite amount of time.

Taking Revelation as a “proof text” for anything is very difficult, since it is extremely poetic, figurative, with lots of hyperboles.

Describing heaven with even two levels is not found in scripture and think about it: One place being where carnal (selfish) type love exists and without Godly type (unconditional, unselfish type) Love exists and the other place is where only Godly type Love exists in a huge unselfish type Love feast. Does the selfish person living in a selfish realm, learn to be unselfish, does the selfish being develop some ability to be unselfish, does the selfish person earn the undeserving charitable gift from God of unselfishness?

There is an extremely good logical reason, why humans must spend a time here on this messed up world. Humans have an objective (this is not some testing place), but the only suitable place for humans to fulfill their objective. Those that continue to refuse to the point of never being able to fulfill their main objective, do take on a lesser objective of helping those who still can fulfill their objective to the point of going to a hell with eventual annihilation (second death).

Upvote 0