Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder what alternatives they offered the family. If other families are terrified of him, there has to be something that can be done.

We don't know this by report... a good question. They may have been very solicitous and accommodating and this report may be the overview of the volcanic eruption only. The restraint order states the concerns of the church but the news report refutes, answers or diminishes the contention that this boy could not be accommodated.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My friend who goes to this church says that the mother is using this to get attention for herself.

I wouldn't doubt that one bit.

And personally, I think that if this boy is a danger to the other parishioners at Mass then he shouldn't be there. Surely they can find a way to give him the sacraments he needs (assuming he is even culpable... hope I got the term right) without having to have him come to Mass. I would think the priest could meet him at his home or something.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Too often with autistic children they are given a free reign because people have no expectations of them. When working with people with an intellectual disability, Autism aspergers, I found that the clients acted according to our expectations of them if we had high expectations of them then they acted accordingly

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.