• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Autism a spiritual problem?

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟455,120.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I cannot deal with NT people; I feel I am always being judged as not spiritual enough. Because treatment has helped so much and I appear normal, people have higher expectations of me than I can fulfill. I get angry (?) and retreat into myself. I recently retook the 50 question AQ test and scored 46. I used to take the high score as strong confirmation of AS, but now I see that it speaks to the degree of severity of my AS. I am alone. I have my daughter and an ex-girlfriend 2500 miles away. The only people I have been able to relate to are flawed people like myself.

Speaking of depressing stuff, is really hard for me to make friends like i did not have met with friends since i was in high school. Even in high school i seated alone in the breaks wondering and suffering was what wrong with me. Only when i was 30 after reading a lot about autism i realised i may have it.
I sort of enjoy the loneliness now.

i score 37 in the aq test.
and have all these symptons for example:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0