• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Autism a spiritual problem?

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, i'm not talking about the enemy here.
Have anyone discerned like 'dark areas' in yourself? specially around the face. Or in the chest?
I have a theory that autism is a spiritual problem.
Our inner person 'retreated' and is 'hiding' in our self because of a scare or being afraid to live or something similar when we were very young and almost unconscious.
If our inner person would be 'outward' filling all our being we would be more normal.

??

People tell that autistic people are more into 'their world' and inside.

I have autism just for the record.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Emli

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have autism, too. I have experienced deliverance (from co-morbid conditions) and highly recommend it, but the base condition of autism does not appear to be any more demonic than being left-handed. The two conditions are comparable. (There may be exceptions, but that seems to be the rule.)
People tell that autistic people are more into 'their world' and inside than being outward sometimes.
Introversion is not particularly sinful.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have autism, too. I have experienced deliverance (from co-morbid conditions) and highly recommend it, but the base condition of autism does not appear to be any more demonic than being left-handed. The two conditions are comparable. (There may be exceptions, but that seems to be the rule.)

Thank you for responding but I'm not talking about the enemy here just a spiritual 'problem' something not quite as it should be but not demonic.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

No of course not.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My response, including deliverance, would apply to "spiritual, but not demonic," too.

Speaking of that, i had a sensitivity issue that i felt in all my body like being a little numb since forever and in the name of Jesus i told myself to come outward and started feeling sensitivity again. I felt like something of myself started filling my legs. After some experiences like that i started thinking about this.
I know this is the internet but well..

Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My daughter has autism and was born that way. She couldn't breastfeed as a newborn because of sensory issues. Infact she cried even if bottle fed unless there was a gap between our bodies.

In the womb she was like it too. She was the baby who retreated from touch. My other two interacted with my hands on the bump. She would move away from any hands.

Therefore, I doubt that Autism is a spiritual issue. Maybe spiritual issues may act like autism but not the other way around.

• Informative
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have an autistic granddaughter. Her mom saw some of the same symptoms in me, and perhaps my mom as well. Mom and I are both spiritually sensitive.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My response, including deliverance, would apply to "spiritual, but not demonic," too.

I wish some pastor or something could do me deliverance, my pastor when i told him that i had autism, told me he knew people with autism and i'm nothing like them, We cut ties because he started yelling at me and i said to him 'well leave me be if you think like that' and he told me 'you leave me be' so... i still go to the church because i go to seek God not the pastor but well.
I had other pastors pray for me but i actually delivered myself more than the pastors. There was a time i could use the name of Jesus but nothing will happen, there was something than changed i don't know what because the name of Jesus started working a pair of years ago. I believe there a 'set' of spirits that take advantage of autistic people maybe not all of them but some.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have an autistic granddaughter. Her mom saw some of the same symptoms in me, and perhaps my mom as well. Mom and I are both spiritually sensitive.
It can be genetic. I think I have it too.

• Useful
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It can be genetic. I think I have it too.
Genetic applies only to the physical body.

I suspect there is a "DNA equivalent" in the spirit side of mankind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wish some pastor or something could do me deliverance, my pastor when i told him that i had autism, told me he knew people with autism and i'm nothing like them, We cut ties because he started yelling at me and i said to him 'well leave me be if you think like that' and he told me 'you leave me be' so...
  1. When I got deliverance, I didn't know (or declare) myself to be autistic.
  2. If you find another pastor that is willing to do deliverance, don't press that issue. Deliverance pastors are not psychologists. They do not use the same terms.
  3. Much of society does not recognize basic autism as a good thing, so they won't hear it in the sense that you meant it.
  4. God willing, such will pursue the eradication of those things of darkness, and you will be better off for it.

Upvote 0

Jack Meredith

Sep 1, 2017
Missoula, Montana
✟17,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Divorced
Ok, i'm not talking about the enemy here.
Have anyone discerned like 'dark areas' in yourself? specially around the face. Or in the chest?
I have a theory that autism is a spiritual problem.
Our inner person 'retreated' and is 'hiding' in our self because of a scare or being afraid to live or something similar when we were very young and almost unconscious.
If our inner person would be 'outward' filling all our being we would be more normal.

??

People tell that autistic people are more into 'their world' and inside.

I have autism just for the record.
I cannot deal with NT people; I feel I am always being judged as not spiritual enough. Because treatment has helped so much and I appear normal, people have higher expectations of me than I can fulfill. I get angry (?) and retreat into myself. I recently retook the 50 question AQ test and scored 46. I used to take the high score as strong confirmation of AS, but now I see that it speaks to the degree of severity of my AS. I am alone. I have my daughter and an ex-girlfriend 2500 miles away. The only people I have been able to relate to are flawed people like myself.

Upvote 0

Jack Meredith

Sep 1, 2017
Missoula, Montana
✟17,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Divorced

Hey Sabertooth, I wanted to post on your page, but couldn't see how to. I'm back from several years ago. I started the Asperger's jokes thread. Another: what do Aspies and thieves have in common? They both take things literally.

• Haha
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey Sabertooth, I wanted to post on your page, but couldn't see how to.
Just middle-click on my name below my avatar.

Or left-click and left-click on "Profile" in the pop-up.

For a Private Message, left-click "Start a Conversation" instead of "Profile."

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Genetic applies only to the physical body.

I suspect there is a "DNA equivalent" in the spirit side of mankind.
"The life is in the blood"? Could it not be the body and spirit are linked?

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0