British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Dont let them take and ban your weapons, you guys will have to put up with safety in the suburbs and shootings will be rare. Us poor Australians have to put up with lall this safety and peace because we dont have guns everywhere.

Who in their right mind would want safety and peace for their wives and children!...lol

I live in australia and those statistics from the Op sound very fishy.

Theres is a great deal of peace around me and it isn't created by fellow citizens with guns.

I agree with this. I feel far more safe knowing that so few people in this country have guns and that the chances of there ever being a mass shooting wherever I go are very, very slim.

Heck, even the police here don't have guns, and our crime rate is pretty low on the world stage.

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Who in their right mind would want safety and peace for their wives and children!...lol
The Bible says "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and you won't be dependent on anybody" (I Thes 4:11&12) I like safety and peace for my wife and children, I find that it is most immediately available as we take real world security precautions and have firearms. The police are only minutes away, when seconds count. . .
cant_run_8562web.jpg

Theres is a great deal of peace around me and it isn't created by fellow citizens with guns.
That is okay, there is a great deal of peace around me and it isn't created by guns either. . . . they are machines . . . we may call a coffee maker a coffee maker but when we use it we make the coffee. On the other hand:
images

I'll take my country without the need to be physically stronger than any given hoodlum(s) thank you. Afterall:
images

Human rights shouldn't just be for the strong.

Upvote 0

Halossellar

Jun 13, 2012
✟15,544.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Dont let them take and ban your weapons, you guys will have to put up with safety in the suburbs and shootings will be rare. Us poor Australians have to put up with lall this safety and peace because we dont have guns everywhere.

I live in australia and those statistics from the Op sound very fishy.

I'm with ya on your lack of gun crime. The darn killer snakes and itty bitty spiders that can kill you just give me the creeps though.

Upvote 0

Halossellar

Jun 13, 2012
✟15,544.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There is the thing. I have a safe full of guns and a few in secure caches, not a single one of them was involved in the shooting of a child (except the AK47s, they might have been when they were still in former communist hands, before they were demilled and rebuilt) Anyway, neither my defensive arms nor my hunting arms have killed a single child (on their current receivers, but I explained that). Why would me giving up those guns save a child? It doesn't make sense anymore than everybody giving up their cars makes sense. If someone drives recklessly and gets enough tickets to get their DL revoked, then yeah. . .. they were probably a risk to misuse that machine in a way that puts a child at risk unnecessarily. It seems to me, we should be working harder to identify the people who put children at risk with guns and work harder to prevent those people from owning guns. It makes more sense than gun bans.

This is the internet, so I guess it doesn't count as "meeting" but every hunter I associate with, eats what they kill or donates it to the poor (charity is good).

The difference being, the English have always been subjects. A government seeking to ban guns in the US would at best find their party as irrelevant as Whigs, and quite possibly could be prosecuted for treason after being deposed.

It probably helps that there is a media bias that tends to back page lawful gun uses while giving a week or more of in depth coverage to every gun misuse. I have supplied a couple of anecdotes in this thread and neither one was ever featured in the news. . . because when bad guys are stopped without having to actually shoot them, it isn't news. An attempted gang rape was stopped by a sleepy neighbor. A mugger decided to go across the street rather than take a bullet. Non-news. But big news every time a gun gets misused.

I am not going to give you a number and it is dishonest to assign me one. Children killed with illegal guns do not reflect how many deaths are too many to make legal guns acceptable. How many children need to be killed by drunk drivers before we ban cars? It just doesn't come close enough to being a logical argument to entertain. How many children need to drown in unfenced pools before we ban all swimming pools? No matter how you cut it, your argument doesn't fly.

One last time on the pools, cars, etc. Cars are used for transporation. Banning them would make people use alternative means, such as bicycles and horses. These aren't necessarily safer. Pools are used for recreation. Banning pools would mean people instead go swimming in lakes and oceans which is more dangerous. Guns are used to hunt, kill, and sport. Banning them from the average Joe would mean people would have to use other means to hunt and kill. The number 2 choice to kill someone is so much less efficient that it would save 10's of thousands of lives/year.

Media bias? Did you see any mention of the 5 kids that died yesterday due to guns? Did you read about at least 4? 3? 2? 1? I didn't think so. The media isn't biased or at least not in the way you think. They may suppress most stories about kids dying from guns, but that's an argument for another day.

Here is a clearer, no nonsense way of seeing this issue. 0 guns in the US equates to 0 kids/day dying from guns. We can't ever achieve that, but we could ban guns for nearly everyone except certain extreme circumstances. This way probably less than 1 kid/day dies from guns and probably 1 kid/day dies anyway because the 2nd choice weapon was used. Now I obviously have no evidence to back up this statement, but it can't be too far off from the truth.

I'm not naive or trying to paint you as the problem. You and your guns are not the problem. Other than the extreme unlikelyhood of a child getting a hold of one of your guns, I don't think your's will ever be used to kill anyone accidentally or unlawfully. The problem is, the criminals and stupid gun owners have ruined it for everybody. I'll give you a comparison related to my job. I work on ships and I would love to have a beer once in a while. There are just too many idiots who would overindulge so now there is a 0 tolerance for alcohol even when in port.

I know that for the forseeable future the US would never attempt to ban guns. Also, technology may catch up soon to prevent nearly all accidents with guns. That smart gun stuff may fix most of the wrongful deaths that happen so frequently now. What I find really appalling is the unreasonable attitude that some people have about gun ownership. It seems there is no limit to the number of children that could die each day due to guns before they would change their gun stance.

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm with ya on your lack of gun crime. The darn killer snakes and itty bitty spiders that can kill you just give me the creeps though.

That is something that always baffles me about these threads that go on for 125+ posts. . . of anti gun folk bemoaning civil rights, longing for the era when KKK riders could burn crosses with impunity, longing for a time when skin heads could beat gays to death without fear of resistance, a time when muggers could count on their strength of youth and knives to gain compliance over the older or weaker . . . with all the supposedly better countries out there where hooligans are allegedly disarmed by gun bans . .. I just can't fathom why they stay here. Immigration is not impossible. The 2A isn't going anywhere, if it disturbs you that much . . . there are alternative countries with as little freedom as makes you happy.

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
they stent as bad as you imagine. We kill more of them. I havnt heard of anyone in my lifetime I know being hurt by one. They are scared of us, and want to be left alone.

If you get close enough you can see something really beautiful god made. Just don't get too close to some of them lol. It's not as bass as some people think here. You get so busy enjoying the wildlife and forest you forget about those.

Upvote 0

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Lets hope Australia never ends up with a tyrannical government because if we do we are toast.
Thanks to events like the Port Arthur massacre we have been disarmed.
(Martin Bryant didn't do the shooting BTW as a number who were at the massacre will tell you!!!)

False flag event to disarm the population?... you betcha!
(I suspect the recent spate of shootings in the US fall into the same category... gee, I'm gonna get slammed for suggesting THAT!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdYxtultxZU

Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you get close enough you can see something really beautiful god made.

I don't think so. Red backs are ugly, even for spiders, and spin untidy little webs.

(I suspect the recent spate of shootings in the US fall into the same category... gee, I'm gonna get slammed for suggesting THAT!!!)

Well ordinarily maybe, but as crazy as your statement is, it was the 5th statement in the post, and the other 4 were sillier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdYxtultxZU

Upvote 0

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Well ordinarily maybe, but as crazy as your statement is, it was the 5th statement in the post, and the other 4 were sillier.

Watch the woman in the YouTube speak of her experiences at Port Arthur and then tell me my statements are silly.
Anyone who knows anything about shooting a gun knows that guy was a TOP marksman (some from military have said one of the best in the world!)

There are many anomalies to the case which I won't get into here but do some research and you may find yourself surprised!

Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Watch the woman in the YouTube speak of her experiences at Port Arthur

Nope. Youtube is a sewer. Occasionally passable for pure entertainment. For any kind of news or truth I'd rather trust the tea leaves in the bottom of my cup

and then tell me my statements are silly.

Your statements are silly.

There are many anomalies to the case which I won't get into here

Good to hear. Hope it stays that way.

Reactions: Halossellar
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Nope. Youtube is a sewer. Occasionally passable for pure entertainment. For any kind of news or truth I'd rather trust the tea leaves in the bottom of my cup

Your statements are silly.

Good to hear. Hope it stays that way.

YouTube is a sewer?!?!
You must have poor navigation skills when it comes to the internet!

Almost everything I watch on YouTube has been of value to me. YouTube is just a library like any other. Most of it rubbish, but some real gems if you are discerning.

The YouTube I posted is of a Tasmanian woman who was in the cafe at Port Arthur speaking to a group of people about what she saw and how it differed from the press narrative. If you decide it's rubbish just because it's on YouTube then you lose!

Time to take the blinkers off Blayz!!!

Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
YouTube is a sewer?!?!
You must have poor navigation skills when it comes to the internet!

Almost everything I watch on YouTube has been of value to me. YouTube is just a library like any other. Most of it rubbish, but some real gems if you are discerning.

Wow. Is "discerning" code for "if it agrees with my preformed conclusions, it's correct, otherwise rubbish"?

The YouTube I posted is of a Tasmanian woman who was in the cafe at Port Arthur speaking to a group of people about what she saw and how it differed from the press narrative. If you decide it's rubbish just because it's on YouTube then you lose!

No, I really don't

But I do have a question, this Australian false flag attack the evil gubmint did to disarm the Australian people, happened 17 years ago Pray tell when the 2nd stage of the nefarious plan kicks in, because if they wait much longer, we will have died of old age.

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
One last time on the pools, cars, etc. Cars are used for transporation. Banning them would make people use alternative means, such as bicycles and horses. These aren't necessarily safer. Pools are used for recreation. Banning pools would mean people instead go swimming in lakes and oceans which is more dangerous. Guns are used to hunt, kill, and sport.
Why yes. Now that we have clarified this is apples to apples, we can stop talking about banning a type of machine based on crimes that can potentially be committed while using them.

Banning them from the average Joe would mean people would have to use other means to hunt and kill.
Why yes, it would give the klansmen nothing but crossbows to fear and they drag my kind out to teach us a lesson for electing Obama again. It would allow the skinheads to bash gays without fear. Spouse abusing ex's and rapists will be given a free hand to terrorize any victim physically weaker than them. I think gun control supporters should be praised for their honesty, in supporting violent felons. It takes courage to support the strong against the weak, the predator against the elderly and disabled.

The number 2 choice to kill someone is so much less efficient that it would save 10's of thousands of lives/year.
Right, because people can't put a crossbow under their chin and pull the trigger just as they would with a gun. . . . okay. Because IED's are so difficult for those with murderous intent they never get used by under-educated tribesman . .. oh wait. . . In any case, making guns illegal will do absolutely nothing to stop illegal guns from being used in crime. Lets use some common sense. You have criminal organizations which get hundreds of kilos of cocaine & marijuana in to the country, do you have any reason to believe the purveyors of illicit drugs would have any difficulty smuggling items that can't be detected by drug sniffing dogs. Yeah, I can see the Crips and the Bloods now, "oh, guns are illegal, we'd better cancel that drive by till we get our archery skills up!" ^_^ Which lives were we saving by criminalizing effective and equal rights to self defense? I am not saying there aren't tragedies like the guy who took his young son to a machine gun shoot and let the boy attempt to shoot a mac10 by himself (the boy lost control of the firearm and shot himself accidentally). Such events are exceedingly rare (one in over 60 years) & harken back to our swimming pool analogy, care to guess how many children die per year because of the "throw 'em in, they'll learn to swim" method? What about the little walmart 6' diameter 18 inch plastic pools. . . how many kids die per year because mom thinks it won't hurt to put the laundry in the dryer and come back to a face down 2 year old? I'll clue ya, it is a LOT more than actual gun accidents. Bear in mind, many gun "accidents" are called that to spare families the pain of calling it what it is. . . a suicide. Bear in mind that your total death toll stats are padded with the 18 year old MS13 on his third felony and the 16 year old Blood shot down while attempting to rob the wrong person. Actual accidents? Not many . . . not many at all, not enough to justify not going after all the other accidental kid killers that have higher death tolls including . . . gasoline. Yup, more kids die huffing gasoline and accidentally getting too much than die in actual non-suicide, non-gang/drug related homicides. You have to stir those and 19 yearolds into the mix to get the numbers you are talking about & as mentioned . . . Crips are going to stop killing Bloods with guns just because Joe Suburbanite can legally buy a skeet gun? :thumbsup: Yeah, okay, what bridge was it you had for sale again?

Here is a clearer, no nonsense way of seeing this issue. 0 guns in the US equates to 0 kids/day dying from guns. We can't ever achieve that, but we could ban guns for nearly everyone except certain extreme circumstances.
The problem being, nobody knows when those extreme circumstances are going to crop up.
2ff9c1d84db77039765be3e49c3aef9a.jpg

Should the stalked ex-wife be able to get a gun for self protection? What about the mugging survivor? Just what is an extreme enough circumstance for the weak, the old, the female, the gay, the person of color, the mother with children. . .. to have a right to defend themselves with effective tools?

I'm not naive or trying to paint you as the problem. You and your guns are not the problem. Other than the extreme unlikelyhood of a child getting a hold of one of your guns, I don't think your's will ever be used to kill anyone accidentally or unlawfully.
Thank you, safes are not unbreachable, but they do a fair job of keeping most pests out. I have found though that education and family values is even more effective. I was given my first gun at age 9 and always had at least 50 rounds for it, 12 I got my first shotgun and always had a box of shells to spare. Those hung on my wall in my bedroom as a juvenile, though I always knew where my fathers guns and ammo were, from about age 4. I couldn't tell you when I learned to shoot as I was too young to remember. When we educate, we take the mystery away. Gun accidents happen when parents have guns and don't teach their children early. Ignorance kills, knowledge is power.
Compensating.jpg

A lifestyle where we talk about things, have open communication, educate about internet predators, traffic safety while bicycling, etc, should include firearms safety, it is the loving thing to do for children.

The problem is, the criminals and stupid gun owners have ruined it for everybody.
The problem is drunken criminals and stupid drivers have ruined auto safety. . . . it just doesn't work. They are apples to apples.

I'll give you a comparison related to my job. I work on ships and I would love to have a beer once in a while. There are just too many idiots who would overindulge so now there is a 0 tolerance for alcohol even when in port.
Many industries have standards that differ from general society. . . any idea about airline pilots vs general public (regarding mandatory physicals)? How about truckers and sleep (regarding hours spent driving per day)? I hear what you are saying, but regulated industries are not the general public.

I know that for the forseeable future the US would never attempt to ban guns.
Correct, it isn't even an admirable cause. It frames one as supporting violent felons, rapists, abusers, skin heads, klansmen, etc. .. . I would not want to be associated with supporting those causes by disarming their intended victims.

What I find really appalling is the unreasonable attitude that some people have about gun ownership. It seems there is no limit to the number of children that could die each day due to guns before they would change their gun stance.
Cars, pools, gasoline . .. give those up & get the nation to go along with it. Seal off the country so no illicit drugs get in and squash domestic production of meth and marijuana. Create some viable multi-shot tool with which citizens can defend themselves against stronger and multiple attackers. It needs to have more range than a taser and it needs to have multi-shot capability. In short, get the police on board with carrying this alternative in place of firearms (both pistols and long guns) for at least a five year trial period. Leap those hurdles first and then we can talk about your gun control proposals.

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halossellar

Jun 13, 2012
✟15,544.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I am not saying there aren't tragedies like the guy who took his young son to a machine gun shoot and let the boy attempt to shoot a mac10 by himself (the boy lost control of the firearm and shot himself accidentally). Such events are exceedingly rare (one in over 60 years) & harken back to our swimming pool analogy, care to guess how many children die per year because of the "throw 'em in, they'll learn to swim" method? What about the little walmart 6' diameter 18 inch plastic pools. . . how many kids die per year because mom thinks it won't hurt to put the laundry in the dryer and come back to a face down 2 year old? I'll clue ya, it is a LOT more than actual gun accidents. Bear in mind, many gun "accidents" are called that to spare families the pain of calling it what it is. . . a suicide. Bear in mind that your total death toll stats are padded with the 18 year old MS13 on his third felony and the 16 year old Blood shot down while attempting to rob the wrong person. Actual accidents? Not many . . . not many at all, not enough to justify not going after all the other accidental kid killers that have higher death tolls including . . . gasoline....

Who is concerned only about accidents? I assumed you cared for children who are shot by someone else intentionally and kids who use a gun to commit sucide. If your kid was killed in one of the many mass shootings just in the last two months, does he not matter? Now, if you'd like we can disregard the death of your child if he is killed lawfully, but that is very unlikely to happen. As per Injury Mortality Reports 9 out of 1520 kids aged 17 and under killed in 2007 were considered lawful killings.

Cars, pools, gasoline . .. give those up & get the nation to go along with it. Seal off the country so no illicit drugs get in and squash domestic production of meth and marijuana. Create some viable multi-shot tool with which citizens can defend themselves against stronger and multiple attackers. It needs to have more range than a taser and it needs to have multi-shot capability. In short, get the police on board with carrying this alternative in place of firearms (both pistols and long guns) for at least a five year trial period. Leap those hurdles first and then we can talk about your gun control proposals.

You have a safer alternative to cars and pools? Lets here 'em. The difference between the other ways kids die to guns is that guns can be removed from private citizens and society keeps going. Look at the UK.

And I think you missed the point with my drinking aboard ships example. Some countries do quite well with private citizens owning guns (Norway, Canada, etc.) The US doesn't. We have too many irresponsible gun owers who have spoiled it for the rest of us, thus we have to use the no guns for any private citizen approach.

One of your arguments is that there will still be guns in the hands of criminals if we take the guns out of Joe Citizen's hands. Yep, and it will take time to make a dent in those guns. In the interim there will be many innocent deaths of people who don't have guns to defend against criminals. But will there be a net reduction in the number of guns deaths in the US? Staying on track with kids specfically, if 1520 kids under 17 and under died in 2007, how many will die in 2013 if guns were banned?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tolkien.jpg

Sometimes human rights are worth protecting.

Nice Glock she has there, but I don't like the holster.

You have a safer alternative to cars and pools? Lets here 'em.

Walking and dry land.

The difference between the other ways kids die to guns is that guns can be removed from private citizens and society keeps going. Look at the UK.

Look at Nazi Germany.

One of your arguments is that there will still be guns in the hands of criminals if we take the guns out of Joe Citizen's hands. Yep, and it will take time to make a dent in those guns. In the interim there will be many innocent deaths of people who don't have guns to defend against criminals. But will there be a net reduction in the number of guns deaths in the US? Staying on track with kids specfically, if 1520 kids under 17 and under died in 2007, how many will die in 2013 if guns were banned?

So you oppose private gun ownership now because kids die in shootings, which simply cannot be tolerated, but you favor removing guns which will result in many people dying at the hands of armed criminals, and you're just fine with that? "The end justifies the means"?

It seems as if you're either opposing firearm deaths or supporting them, as long as it reinforces your agenda---"People are dying in mass shootings, and this cannot be tolerated, therefore we must ban guns!", followed by "People will die from armed criminals if guns are banned, but that's okay, because the guns will be banned."

Either way, people are going to die.....and frankly, just between you and me, if I'm going to die, I'd prefer to take my chances with the means to defend myself, thank you very much. If you want to be face-to-face with a hopped-up criminal murderer holding a .357 magnum in one hand and a 14-inch stiletto in the other with nothing but the smile on your face and the goodness in your heart, bully for you. I'd prefer to be facing him with a 12-gauge shotgun loaded with .00 buck.

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Who is concerned only about accidents? I assumed you cared for children who are shot by someone else intentionally and kids who use a gun to commit sucide.
18 year old children who use a weapon or numbers (gang) to facilitate violent felonies can get shot if they choose not to stop presenting a threat of imminent great bodily harm or death. . .. and I am okay with that. As a matter of fact, borrowing from your next statement about my kid. . . I would have no difficulty whatsoever putting two through the brain pan of a 12 year old, if that 12 year old had a gun to my child. It is sad that some children choose crimes for which they may be lawfully shot. It is sad that those same lifestyle choices (being in gangs/ drugs) result in their peers wanting to unlawfully shoot them. These two things are the VAST, Overwhelming majority of the gun crimes you are citing. Are guns really the problem? I'd suggest that the gangs and drug culture is the problem. Take away guns (magically, because otherwise the gangs will just bring them back through the same channels they get their coke and weed) and drivebys will be by tossing an IED and your death tolls may go the opposite direction of what your noble plan promised. We don't have magic do we?

If your kid was killed in one of the many mass shootings just in the last two months, does he not matter?
We don't frequent gun free zones & since mass shootings have taken place only in victim disarmament zones . . . :wave: Nice try. Funny though, we still take precautions in the places we do go, to position ourselves in case of a problem & think I could get them to cover pretty fast. I always have the ability to return fire & frequently carry something that will difeat even the body armor the aurora shooter wore.
2reasons_5999web.jpg

Now, if you'd like we can disregard the death of your child if he is killed lawfully, but that is very unlikely to happen.
Why thank you. I try to be involved in my children's lives and to keep them away from drugs and gang culture. We pack their lunches for them with nutritious food everyday and they go to school with bellies full of nutritious home cooked, breakfasts. Without fail. We cultivate their talents and participate in their interests. My freshman is testing in college math, has all honors classes and is involved in sports . . . the rest are similar. Keeping them away from guns isn't a factor, they have grown up with gun safety. We don't do toy guns, airguns, paint ball guns . . . all guns in this house have always been real & loaded. It reduces the possibility of mistake (can't say "I thought it wasn't loaded" when everyone in the house knows all guns are always loaded). You are right, I don't have to fear my children being lawfully or even unlawfully killed.

You have a safer alternative to cars and pools? Lets here 'em. The difference between the other ways kids die to guns is that guns can be removed from private citizens and society keeps going. Look at the UK.
Apples to oranges. The UK hadn't been a frontier for centuries before guns came on the scene. It was settled. Guns (without getting into a Native American injustices derail) were present during the settling of this country and with VAST expanses compared to England a gun was often one's only means of defense. Do you know the origin of the term circuit judge? Justice in the frontier was something different than England ever experienced. Taking guns out of American society would be like taking cars out, that is apples to apples.

And I think you missed the point with my drinking aboard ships example. Some countries do quite well with private citizens owning guns (Norway, Canada, etc.) The US doesn't. We have too many irresponsible gun owers who have spoiled it for the rest of us, thus we have to use the no guns for any private citizen approach.
I didn't miss it, I refuted its relevance.
alcohol1340_001.jpg

One of your arguments is that there will still be guns in the hands of criminals if we take the guns out of Joe Citizen's hands. Yep, and it will take time to make a dent in those guns. In the interim there will be many innocent deaths of people who don't have guns to defend against criminals. But will there be a net reduction in the number of guns deaths in the US?
Nope, increase. Bolding above is mine:
s_disarm.jpg

I appreciate you being honest about being willing for whatever death toll and violent crime rate is necessary to implement your social experiment. Just remember who you have chosen to side with
the-experts-agree-gun-control-hitler-castro-qaddafi-stalin-i-political-poster-1275189575.jpg

Staying on track with kids specfically, if 1520 kids under 17 and under died in 2007, how many will die in 2013 if guns were banned?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...serious crime in America is at it lowest level since 1963.

Yet apparently, I guess we should all be packing when we step out of the house.

I would post a link...but alas, I have not qualified yet (what's up with that?).

Anyhow, look search on "US crime rate at lowest point in decades. Why America is safer now." at csmonitor.com

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
18 year old children who use a weapon or numbers (gang) to facilitate violent felonies can get shot if they choose not to stop presenting a threat of imminent great bodily harm or death. . .. and I am okay with that. As a matter of fact, borrowing from your next statement about my kid. . . I would have no difficulty whatsoever putting two through the brain pan of a 12 year old, if that 12 year old had a gun to my child. It is sad that some children choose crimes for which they may be lawfully shot. It is sad that those same lifestyle choices (being in gangs/ drugs) result in their peers wanting to unlawfully shoot them. These two things are the VAST, Overwhelming majority of the gun crimes you are citing. Are guns really the problem? I'd suggest that the gangs and drug culture is the problem. Take away guns (magically, because otherwise the gangs will just bring them back through the same channels they get their coke and weed) and drivebys will be by tossing an IED and your death tolls may go the opposite direction of what your noble plan promised. We don't have magic do we?

We don't frequent gun free zones & since mass shootings have taken place only in victim disarmament zones . . . :wave: Nice try. Funny though, we still take precautions in the places we do go, to position ourselves in case of a problem & think I could get them to cover pretty fast. I always have the ability to return fire & frequently carry something that will difeat even the body armor the aurora shooter wore.
2reasons_5999web.jpg

Why thank you. I try to be involved in my children's lives and to keep them away from drugs and gang culture. We pack their lunches for them with nutritious food everyday and they go to school with bellies full of nutritious home cooked, breakfasts. Without fail. We cultivate their talents and participate in their interests. My freshman is testing in college math, has all honors classes and is involved in sports . . . the rest are similar. Keeping them away from guns isn't a factor, they have grown up with gun safety. We don't do toy guns, airguns, paint ball guns . . . all guns in this house have always been real & loaded. It reduces the possibility of mistake (can't say "I thought it wasn't loaded" when everyone in the house knows all guns are always loaded). You are right, I don't have to fear my children being lawfully or even unlawfully killed.

Apples to oranges. The UK hadn't been a frontier for centuries before guns came on the scene. It was settled. Guns (without getting into a Native American injustices derail) were present during the settling of this country and with VAST expanses compared to England a gun was often one's only means of defense. Do you know the origin of the term circuit judge? Justice in the frontier was something different than England ever experienced. Taking guns out of American society would be like taking cars out, that is apples to apples.

I didn't miss it, I refuted its relevance.
alcohol1340_001.jpg

Nope, increase. Bolding above is mine:
s_disarm.jpg

I appreciate you being honest about being willing for whatever death toll and violent crime rate is necessary to implement your social experiment. Just remember who you have chosen to side with
the-experts-agree-gun-control-hitler-castro-qaddafi-stalin-i-political-poster-1275189575.jpg

Some good arguments here. I do think that guns do work for America, however, they would never work here in the UK, and I would never want them to.

Upvote 0