Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
[Moderaters, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this kind of thread. I couldn't find a clearly defined area where I can discuss Christian ideas with non Christians, so I'm just guessing at this to be the best place. But may I suggest such a place as a new forum?]

This is a talk that involves a former London Mafia member's life story, interspersed with many other stories, all of which the speaker (John Pridmore) sites as Jesus working and people's lives. I'm not putting this out here as apologetics, and I'm not trying to convince you of anything; I just want to know what people who don't have a religion think about this. I think it's interesting to hear the perspective of people who don't have a religion when we live is being discussed; please be respectful, as I tried to do the same. Thanks!

Reactions: Quietus

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
People can attribute the sentiment they have in regards to becoming a better person to a religious/spiritual experience, that doesn't follow to it being true, it's the phenomenological aspect that considers it as a human experience, almost existential. Which is interesting to study psychologically, but it shouldn't just be seen as neutral, but reflections of human disposition to find patterns, apophenia in particular

It feels to me like it's a superficial interpretation of something that humans experience in a way that seems to "make sense" rather than considering that human assessments can and often are fallible in regards to our initial look at something.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I dunno man, a lot of bad people don't think other people will believe they have changed unless there is a plausible reason.

Who's going to believe Villain McBadman has really changed unless there is some reason?

Upvote 0