Jun 28, 2006
✟8,560.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The best incorrect answer is not anymore truthful then the worst incorrect answer.
This reminds me of an Asimov quote, one of my favorites: "…when people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."

Upvote 0

necroforest

Jul 29, 2007
Washington DC
✟15,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
The best incorrect answer is not anymore truthful then the worst incorrect answer.
Classical mechanics is wrong. Yet that bridge you drive over on your way to work doesn't collapse because of it. Classical electromagnetism is wrong. Yet the lights in your house still work. Even though both are technically "wrong", they both describe reality accurately enough that you can't tell that they're wrong unless you get really small or really fast.

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

FishFace

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2007
✟13,130.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There's a big difference actually. We will work with all of the data.
And "we" are ... ?
YEC's?
OEC's?
GAP theorists?
Christians who fully accept the theory of biological evolution?
Intelligent Design fantasizers (who are so cowardly as to not even name the "designer")?
Fudamentalist Creationists?

No, seriously, who is this mysterious "we" you are speaking of?

EDIT- Personally, I think that this "we" are "those" who agree with your personal interpretation of the Bible. Prove me wrong

Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There's a big difference actually. We will work with all of the data.

Check out the reality of my above statement by checking out the RATE book.

http://www.icr.org/pdf/research/rate-all.pdf

I actually downloaded this document, and spent half an hour skimming through its 686 pages. I couldn't find 1 case where any of these people performed their own experiments.

If you are going to do science then you should actually do science.

Lets have a look at chapter 2, "Radioisotope Dating Review", which runs for 20 pages. As a scientific review, you would expect it to comprehensively look at recent publications in the scientific literature. Books and other reviews do not count, since books are by definition "old" by the time they are published, and a reviewer that reviews a review is just being lazy.

Chapter 1 has 10 references. 10! Not the 100 you would expect, but 10. Bibliography does not count since it is not referenced in the text (and no real scientific review would list a bibliography anyway). Of those 10 references, 2 are from peer-reviewed journals, with dates 1969 and 1979.

And this is for a year 2000 review.

To suggest this is in anyway credible, or worth the $20 000 they spent publishing it, is just wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thaumaturgy

Nov 17, 2006
✟12,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I actually downloaded this document, and spent half an hour skimming through its 686 pages. I couldn't find 1 case where any of these people performed their own experiments.

If you are going to do science then you should actually do science.

Lets have a look at chapter 2, "Radioisotope Dating Review", which runs for 20 pages. As a scientific review, you would expect it to comprehensively look at recent publications in the scientific literature. Books and other reviews do not count, since books are by definition "old" by the time they are published, and a reviewer that reviews a review is just being lazy.

Chapter 1 has 10 references. 10! Not the 100 you would expect, but 10. Bibliography does not count since it is not referenced in the text (and no real scientific review would list a bibliography anyway). Of those 10 references, 2 are from peer-reviewed journals, with dates 1969 and 1979.

And this is for a year 2000 review.

To suggest this is in anyway credible, or worth the $20 000 they spent publishing it, is just wrong.

I am definitely going to have read through this gem.

I fast forwarded to the "Scientific evidence for a young world" table on page 339.

Apparently all the references are Creationist references cited in creationist journals. No standard non-creationist journals represented?

Talk about "in-breeding". Maybe if they could bother to look outside of their own congregation they'd make a better case.

Upvote 0

Lilandra

Princess-Majestrix
Dec 9, 2004
state of mind
Visit site
✟19,703.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
By your reasoning, is this also angel?

batskeleton.jpg

Scientists usually don't call things an oddity and give up. Long fingers are structural adaptations. There is always an environmental reason for adaptations that become widespread in a species.

What other explanation than the dinosaur being an angel or the animal in the picture being an angel would explain their fingers?
Worldviews affect conclusions very much when it comes to paleontology. One example is scansiopteryx. This feathered dinosaur had very long third fingers. Atheists see this as just another oddity in a world that they deny points overwhelmingly to creation.

http[dot]//oficina[dot]cienciaviva[dot]pt/~pw011/jazidas/JaimeHeaddenEpidendrosaurus%5B1%5D.jpg

^Just in case you're ignorant.

However, Christians see something entiraly different. They see one of the wondrous marvels of God's creation. It goes even deeper than that. Long fingers are very similar to spears, which angels have. Angels also have feathery wings. Based on theology, it is safe to suggest paleontologists angelic animals of company in China.

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
How is it racist? You are aware that 'n!gg3r' is spelled with two G’s and Niger is a country in Northern Africa, there is a big difference. The idea of having a dinosaur whose name literally means the "Niger lizard” is not that absurd, if you look at the periodic table of the elements you will find roughly a dozen elements that are named after nouns like California, Einstein, and Germany.

Nigersaurus.jpg

giraffe.jpg

I am not a paleontologist, nor have I studied it much. But I do see some common characteristics among these two creatures. They both have exceptionally long necks. Long necks are great for getting food that is located above ground level, but it also slows the creature down and puts more strain on the circulatory system therefore creatures are not going to have this characteristic for no reason.
Hmmm makes me think of Barbie :D :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheOutsider

Pope Iason Ouabache the Obscure
Dec 29, 2006
Indiana
✟11,428.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
All evolutionary theory is flawed and yet that is promoted and taught to children, simply because GOD is considered a dirty word among liberals...
Be careful. I heard that there is a liberal evilutionist hiding under your bed. BOOGA BOOGA!!!

Upvote 0
T

TroubleShooter43

I've read through many of the posts here (not all, there are simply too many) but I am struck by the complete wilful ignorance of some of the posters who would rather embrace fantasy than simply acknowledge reality. I realise that living in a fantasy environment is safer and more comforting but to then try and impose that fantasy on the world and to try and twist facts to fit into the fantasy is just malicious. And to compound the issue, the people who attempt to do this then cry foul about how they are persecuted for their beliefs. This is all just truly insane! Accept the absolute fact that creationism is a fantasy but Evolution is fact. You would be surprised how little difference there is in your life once you do this.

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0