Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We do not believe something came from nothing. We do not believe things happen in accident. We don't believe that things pop into existence. Thats just a bunch of misunderstandings.
MY BROTHER,

Who is this "we." i was told on another Thread that "atheists have no spokepersons per se and do not agree on any one world view." Now you are quoting atheist dogmas and doctrines and appear to be speaking on behalf of all disbelievers. i be confused--have the rules changed at your end of the spectrum or are you perhaps using "the imperial WE?"

What do think about the start, and things we have nearly no evidence for, 'I don't know'. That is our stance, uncertainty. We seek evidence and the more probable truth. Discovery.
Were this true, of course, you would end up coming to the same bright ending as millions upon millions have over the millennium--the very obvious "GOD DID IT."

Just because something is hard to comprehend, or you have weak knowledge of the other-sides opinions, it doesn't mean its incorrect. All I am asking, like I said before is just to investigate and read a simple science book at least, thats it, then make your arguments from that.

I am not asking you to disbelieve. Atheism is not a religion, we are all logical individuals. All I am asking is to read a science book, do some research, actually go in a search of knowledge out in the real world, instead of reading the same book over and over again and believing that a deity talks to you and gives you the truth. At least look at outside and evaluate it. That's all I am asking.
My brother, i did all of my research and investigating BEFORE i came to the Lord, and, in fact, it was this research and investigating which led me directly, step by small step--to Him.

The difference was, perhaps, that i researched and investigated with an open mind and an open heart, and had no preconceived notions, assumptions, or agendas upon commencing my journey toward ultimate TRUTH.

I agree we do not have an explanation that we could say this is how it happened. We don't know.
Nor will you ever--looking in the wrong direction as you are. "GOD DID IT." i think Occam, with his very helpful razor, would agree.

But we also do not believe some fairy tales that some random people made up 6,000 years ago. Have you even read basic biology? or at least geology?
Thank you for asking! Yes, i took all of the physical sciences in College. The information i gleaned from these courses were a large part of the equation which led me to seek for a Creator. How anyone can possibly study in detail the workings and characteristics of the Universe and continue to accept the "everything-from-nothing-by-accident-for-no-reason" explanation for existence is mind-boggling to me. (Not to mention very sad.) God has left His fingerprints EVERYWHERE!

No there is no force, simply nature taking its course. We are not trying to make a god, we are simply in search for the truth. If it ends up that the evidence points that there is a god or gods, so be it. As long it is the truth.
The problem occurs, of course, when the "truth" has been pre-determined BEFORE the investigation begins, and all the so-called "evidence" is weighed and interpreted in light of the conclusion already set.

There is no supernatural force, just simple deductions. Like what do you get when you put 2 hungry dogs with one piece of meat. The chances are they will fight for it and their survival. That is nature. There is nothing that intelligently designs this. What do you get when you breed a blonde haired girl with a brown haired guy, 3 out of 4 babies will come out browned hair because the brown hair gene is dominant. Simple deductions.
There is no question in anyone's mind that indeed there are fixed rules which govern the universe. The question to be answered is WHO MADE THE RULES? Pretending that the rules "just happened" begs the question--at least for those who are not satisfied with glosses which attempt to explain away reality by muddying the waters with meaningless conjectures about what might have been if God, in fact, did not exist.

Please do us all a favor and go to the library and read some science books, and come back and then say why are we wrong.
i have already spent many years doing you this favor before you even had a chance to ask--(i do wish to please, honest)--and i can, as a result, categorically state that you are indeed wrong--by approximately 180 degrees.

Facts, evidence, not assumptions. Even think of it this way if you may. Reading science is discovering how god created the universe, at least think of it that way.
My studying science with pre-conceived notions, even to the extent you describe, would not have been honest--and i was honestly seeking the Ultimate Truth when i did so. i would admit to you that at the time i had no idea i would be led to accept our Creator God as a consequence of my "intellectual exercises." In all honesty, i did not desire this outcome at the time--BUT, BOY, DO I PRAISE GOD FOR HIS GRACE, MERCY, AND LOVE IN THIS REGARD NOW!

It might be noted, however, that your suggestion mirrors (of course) the atheistic method of vainly trying to "disprove" God's existence. Substituting, we have a clear definition of atheistic "investigation" (for which i do thank you, clearing up, as it does, the question of how disbelief in the fact of reality is possible.) Quoting you, if i may, on how the process you suggested works for atheists:

Facts, evidence, not assumption. Even think of it this way if you may. Reading science is discovering how IMPOSSIBLE it is for god to have created the universe, at least think of it that way.
Obviously you have done so. Anyway--

MAY YOU BE LIKEWISE BLESSED WHEN THE TIME COMES!

:bow:ABBA'S FOOL,
ephraim

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
what? i posed a new question under the title of "ask me anything" ...the question was not directed at you, but to the originator of this thread or whomever wants to answer.

this 2nd incident of your rudeness is beong reported. i suggest you not address me in that manner again.

correction: i reported both of your posts directed to me.

i would suggest that you keep your insults to yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Agreed. Such has been done about a half dozen times over the course of the thread. The Fruitcake Cafe would be a wonderful place to discuss dentists...

was this an intentional insult? :o

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Atheist here (Ask me anything)

Well I don't know were else to post without being disrespectful, but anyways, if you guys have any questions on my disbelief ask away.

I want to give my side of the story and have an honest discussion.

Well I am 19 years old, currently going to a University in the San Diego area. I used to be a Catholic for 19 years, until I started asking answers to myself, I just rationalized that maybe, there is no god. It happened after taking an anthropology class which helped me investigate what I currently believe in. I then studied many other religions and beliefs. I am an atheist, agnostic-atheist if you want to be technical. I am also a group leader of my schools secular/atheist group, and part of the coalition of reason.

So ask away anything you wanted to ask.

Please clarify. Are there questions that you would define as irrelevant and throw-away questions, and should not be asked?

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Erfan777

deleted123
Jul 23, 2007
✟8,208.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
MY BROTHER,

Who is this "we." i was told on another Thread that "atheists have no spokepersons per se and do not agree on any one world view." Now you are quoting atheist dogmas and doctrines and appear to be speaking on behalf of all disbelievers. i be confused--have the rules changed at your end of the spectrum or are you perhaps using "the imperial WE?"

Were this true, of course, you would end up coming to the same bright ending as millions upon millions have over the millennium--the very obvious "GOD DID IT."

My brother, i did all of my research and investigating BEFORE i came to the Lord, and, in fact, it was this research and investigating which led me directly, step by small step--to Him.

The difference was, perhaps, that i researched and investigated with an open mind and an open heart, and had no preconceived notions, assumptions, or agendas upon commencing my journey toward ultimate TRUTH.

Nor will you ever--looking in the wrong direction as you are. "GOD DID IT." i think Occam, with his very helpful razor, would agree.

Thank you for asking! Yes, i took all of the physical sciences in College. The information i gleaned from these courses were a large part of the equation which led me to seek for a Creator. How anyone can possibly study in detail the workings and characteristics of the Universe and continue to accept the "everything-from-nothing-by-accident-for-no-reason" explanation for existence is mind-boggling to me. (Not to mention very sad.) God has left His fingerprints EVERYWHERE!

The problem occurs, of course, when the "truth" has been pre-determined BEFORE the investigation begins, and all the so-called "evidence" is weighed and interpreted in light of the conclusion already set.

There is no question in anyone's mind that indeed there are fixed rules which govern the universe. The question to be answered is WHO MADE THE RULES? Pretending that the rules "just happened" begs the question--at least for those who are not satisfied with glosses which attempt to explain away reality by muddying the waters with meaningless conjectures about what might have been if God, in fact, did not exist.

i have already spent many years doing you this favor before you even had a chance to ask--(i do wish to please, honest)--and i can, as a result, categorically state that you are indeed wrong--by approximately 180 degrees.

My studying science with pre-conceived notions, even to the extent you describe, would not have been honest--and i was honestly seeking the Ultimate Truth when i did so. i would admit to you that at the time i had no idea i would be led to accept our Creator God as a consequence of my "intellectual exercises." In all honesty, i did not desire this outcome at the time--BUT, BOY, DO I PRAISE GOD FOR HIS GRACE, MERCY, AND LOVE IN THIS REGARD NOW!

It might be noted, however, that your suggestion mirrors (of course) the atheistic method of vainly trying to "disprove" God's existence. Substituting, we have a clear definition of atheistic "investigation" (for which i do thank you, clearing up, as it does, the question of how disbelief in the fact of reality is possible.) Quoting you, if i may, on how the process you suggested works for atheists:

Obviously you have done so. Anyway--

MAY YOU BE LIKEWISE BLESSED WHEN THE TIME COMES!

:bow:ABBA'S FOOL,
ephraim

:thumbsup:
Those who tell us that we are foolish and have poor knowledge about how the universe works because we believe in God are foolish themselves. In my opinnion, its mostly their arrogance which may cause them to be blind to the truth. I would suggest the person who told u to go to the library and study science to go for himself and study pure science with open mind and heart. I could bring a bunch of facts and some are so-called 'unexplained science' which science even cannot answer (atleast for now).

Upvote 0

Janser

Jan 20, 2010
✟318.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We do not believe something came from nothing. We do not believe things happen in accident. We don't believe that things pop into existence. Thats just a bunch of misunderstandings.

What do think about the start, and things we have nearly no evidence for, 'I don't know'. That is our stance, uncertainty. We seek evidence and the more probable truth. Discovery.
Just replace the word 'we' with 'science',
Atheists do not have dogmas and doctrines the one thing we do all agree on though is: There is no such thing as a God.

Even writing 'there is no such thing as a God' will give the impression that we care if there is or not, we don't
(that's 'we' as in Atheists) the very idea of a God is preposterous.

What could possibly give you the impression that those words are true???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Just replace the word 'we' with 'science',
Atheists do not have dogmas and doctrines the one thing we do all agree on though is: There is no such thing as a God.

Even writing 'there is no such thing as a God' will give the impression that we care if there is or not, we don't
(that's 'we' as in Atheists) the very idea of a God is preposterous.

and yet you joined a Christian site? We (Christians) DO believe in the living God. You already knew this before you chose to join this site.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It was a snide remark. Irrelevant questions, no matter how the thread is titled or how deliberately its title is misinterpreted, are still irrelevant questions. It doesn't seem to matter if my comment was an insult or not for you're going to make up your own mind about it either way.

I don't support Christian bashing, nor has any particularly struck me as having occurred in this thread, but if Christians are allowed preaching than atheists should surely be allowed bashing.

You knew the name of this site before you joined. Yet you joined. And your purpose is to bash Christians and what they believe in? :o

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Agreed. Such has been done about a half dozen times over the course of the thread. The Fruitcake Cafe would be a wonderful place to discuss dentists...

this post has just been reported.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It was a snide remark. Irrelevant questions, no matter how the thread is titled or how deliberately its title is misinterpreted, are still irrelevant questions. It doesn't seem to matter if my comment was an insult or not for you're going to make up your own mind about it either way.

I don't support Christian bashing, nor has any particularly struck me as having occurred in this thread, but if Christians are allowed preaching than atheists should surely be allowed bashing.

this post has been reported.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
MOD HAT ON
funny-pictures-grandma-made-your-cat-a-hat.jpg

Thread closed for staff review.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.