Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by sulphur
why is atheism untenable?

Because there is a God.  Aside from the rediculously flimsy excuses for existance that the secular community can come up with, those whom God has brought to a knowledge of Himself know the truth.  Why do athiest try and defend it?  Simply because they are fallen and God has not graced them with repentance.  They put everything above God and strive to be gods themselves.

As a side note, I'm not sure how Christians can adequately answer this because God has gifted us with faith, upon which much of our beliefs stand.  Discussions with tangibility based people are difficult because we use what they call "circular reasoning."  You know, "the Bible is true because the Bible says so."  Not a very convincing argument for the prideful who need "proof" of everything.

God bless 

Upvote 0

4thecross

Sep 17, 2002
Visit site
✟7,684.00
Faith
Christian
Indeed, our own thoughts and opinions are wicked:

(Proverbs 18:2) A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.

(Jeremiah 17:9) The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

We must seek God only for pure thoughts. As far as a man who thinks he does good:

(Psalm 14:3 & Romans 3:12) All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."

My point is this: no man has any defense. We are all wicked to the core of our very being, and are all destined for Hell. It is only by the Grace of God that anyone is given an opportunity to repent.

(John 6:44) "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Much Grace,
4thecross

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by sulphur
to reformationist:was columbus "prideful" at salamanca when he talked of a global world against the religious theories of that time? One does not need to use hurtfull words to explain awrong or right. I thought this was a forum;not a court

Sulphur, this forum, General Theology, is a Christians only forum.  As you are agnostic, you are not allowed to post in this forum.  For future reference, if the forum title says "for Christians only" then, unless you are a Christian, you are not allowed to post there.  My intent was not to hurt anyone's feelings.  Christians understand that pride is one of the things that keep the unregenerate from acknowledging the authority of God.  Please feel free to post in the "open forums."

Thank you for your cooperation.

God bless

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.