Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am just trying to point out the flaws in your logic. You are saying that God can't kill a terrorist, but we can? That means that God is not omnipotent and He can't physically do something. So He ceases to be God at that moment.

Your attempts to dodge the point are incredibly clear.

Look, if it's a stark logical contradiction you can't address.... just admit it.

Based on your repeated dodges of the point I am accusing you of trying to distract from an inconsistency you recognize, but can't justify. You are avoiding answering it because it's inconsistant with what you want to believe.

I expect a clear answer in the next post, or will consider my accusation a just one.

So again, how can an infinitely loving being commit genocide? Please explain how that works.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am just trying to point out the flaws in your logic. You are saying that God can't kill a terrorist, but we can? That means that God is not omnipotent and He can't physically do something. So He ceases to be God at that moment.

Non-Sequitur: I don't make the claim that mankind is infinitely loving. I don't think anyone does.

You have made the claim God is, that makes his standards different. You don't murder someone you love, much less millions of people that you love. It's a logical contradiction, and quite immoral.

Likewise, he still has the ability to kill the terrorist... that part was never up for debate. That makes this point another Red Herring. The point is that if he loved that person, he would not kill them.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I

No...that will just be my stupidity,not GOD'S.

I see, So what basis do you have for making your prediction then? How do you know the end times are coming and we'll see it during the London Olympics?

If you honestly believe what you typed, you must have some reason for making the claim. What is it?

Upvote 0
S

SeraphimsCherub

GOD being the CREATOR has the right to kill anyone. For HE has said: In the day that you eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,{which is to sin}"you shall surely die".
For GOD has also said "the wages of sin is death". So the fact that GOD allows us to live as long as HE does{when really all we deserve is death because we're all "sinner's"}is truly amazing. Especially when HE allows those who hate to continue living for many years in comfort,and peace of worldly good's.

Upvote 0
S

SeraphimsCherub

I see, So what basis do you have for making your prediction then? How do you know the end times are coming and we'll see it during the London Olympics?

If you honestly believe what you typed, you must have some reason for making the claim. What is it?
No not the whole apocalypse,but a huge false flag event by the global elite which shall set it off. For their agenda is to depopulate the world from 7 billion to 5 hundred million people,a one world government,and a one world currency we're everyone must receive a micro chip in their hand which has all their personal information in it. If you don't have one you will not be able to buy or sell. It's called the {NWO=NEW WORLD ORDER}. Which is all prophesied in GOD'S WORD to happen.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
GOD being the CREATOR has the right to kill anyone. For HE has said: In the day that you eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,{which is to sin}"you shall surely die".

Heh... Yeah, except that in the day that they ate from the tree they didn't die. They apparently lived close to 1,000 years!

And besides, if they had no knowledge of Good and Evil before eating from that Tree, then how could they have known what they were doing was wrong? They'd have had no concept or understanding of what "wrong" is.

And also, why on earth would God put the tree there in the first place along with a talking snake that would tempt them to eat from the tree, when they had no concept what they were doing was wrong?

The whole story is patently absurd. It's astounding people look at this kind of stuff and think it's historical fact.

For GOD has also said "the wages of sin is death". So the fact that GOD allows us to live as long as HE does{when really all we deserve is death because we're all "sinner's"}is truly amazing. Especially when HE allows those who hate to continue living for many years in comfort,and peace of worldly good's.

Oh, I see.... he loves everyone, but if you step out of line once, he'll murder you. And what about all the innocent people he killed? That's not the sign of someone that loves, that's the sign of a raging psychopath. I'm asking how you can possibly reconcile that belief, I'm trying to understand your rationalization.

And we all deserve death? really? That's a rather bleak outlook.... Why did your God create sin and then make us in a way that we'd inevitably do it? On top of that, why would he punish us for it?

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No not the whole apocalypse,but a huge false flag event by the global elite which shall set it off. For their agenda is to depopulate the world from 7 billion to 5 hundred million people,a one world government,and a one world currency we're everyone must receive a micro chip in their hand which has all their personal information in it. If you don't have one you will not be able to buy or sell. It's called the {NWO=NEW WORLD ORDER}. Which is all prophesied in GOD'S WORD to happen.

Uhhh...... hmm..... I see......

I don't suppose you have any evidence for that huge conspiracy either, do you?

Upvote 0
S

SeraphimsCherub

Heh... Yeah, except that in the day that they ate from the tree they didn't die. They apparently lived close to 1,000 years!

And besides, if they had no knowledge of Good and Evil before eating from that Tree, then how could they have known what they were doing was wrong? They'd have had no concept or understanding of what "wrong" is.

And also, why on earth would God put the tree there in the first place along with a talking snake that would tempt them to eat from the tree, when they had no concept what they were doing was wrong?

The whole story is patently absurd. It's astounding people look at this kind of stuff and think it's historical fact.

Oh, I see.... he loves everyone, but if you step out of line once, he'll murder you. And what about all the innocent people he killed? That's not the sign of someone that loves, that's the sign of a raging psychopath. I'm asking how you can possibly reconcile that belief, I'm trying to understand your rationalization.

And we all deserve death? really? That's a rather bleak outlook.... Why did your God create sin and then make us in a way that we'd inevitably do it? On top of that, why would he punish us for it?
All your arguments our based on carnal logic. So until GOD enlightens your mind,and are transformed into a Spiritual man By Christ. Everything i say is only going to sound ridiculous,and foolish to you. For you in a state of rebellion against GOD ALMIGHTY,and unless HE MAKES peace with you,the infinite lower of the two,by HIS GRACE. You will continue in a perpetual state of enmity against GOD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
All your arguments our based on carnal logic. So until GOD enlightens your mind,and are transformed into a Spiritual man By Christ. Everything i say is only going to sound ridiculous,and foolish to you. For you in a state of rebellion against GOD ALMIGHTY,and unless HE MAKES peace with you,the infinite lower of the two,by HIS GRACE. You will continue in a perpetual state of enmity against GOD.

Red Herring

Answer my points and don't try to change the topic. If you can't answer what I'm bringing up, then at least be honest about it.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,312.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
gradyll said:
disfunctional? Says who. How can the created say to the creator......what makest thou?
Human Beings, more than any other creature is made to respond to Love. We know what Love is and what Love isn’t. That’s an inborn aspect of being created in the image of God. And in the same way we also know what dysfunctional is. And your doing everything you can to dance around that aspect of your God as depicted in the Old Testament.

Upvote 0
S

SeraphimsCherub

Red Herring

Answer my points and don't try to change the topic. If you can't answer what I'm bringing up, then at least be honest about it.
I'm not trying to change the topic. I just spoke to you a truth which you don't believe.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm not trying to change the topic. I just spoke to you a truth which you don't believe.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Then please explain to me where I am incorrect. Simply stating I'm wrong and not explaining why when asked isn't valid.

Please address the points that I raised.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,312.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
gradyll said:
Turn your logic around and instead of looking at hate (killing the terrorist), look at love. What can Love do? What can’t Love do? One thing that Love can do is to find a way to forgive the terrorist. Every now and than we see examples of that in the news. The Irish Republican Party is an example. That is also the example I see in my Beloved God as He looks upon His Human Creation. There’s no way I can see True Love as wanting to Kill it’s own Creation. What I see in Him is Love, Compassion, Mercy and Forgiveness.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Turn your logic around and instead of looking at hate (killing the terrorist), look at love. What can Love do? What can’t Love do? One thing that Love can do is to find a way to forgive the terrorist. Every now and than we see examples of that in the news. The Irish Republican Party is an example. That is also the example I see in my Beloved God as He looks upon His Human Creation. There’s no way I can see True Love as wanting to Kill it’s own Creation. What I see in Him is Love, Compassion, Mercy and Forgiveness.

Exactly, thank you for making that point.

Upvote 0
S

SeraphimsCherub

Then please explain to me where I am incorrect. Simply stating I'm wrong and not explaining why when asked isn't valid.

Please address the points that I raised.
Because GOD is the MOST HIGH GOD,and HE can do what HE want's. Who is the created to shake his fist at the CREATOR?? Would you argue with a drill Sargent who told you to do something?? These petty little comparisons do the GOD who created the UNIVERSE no justice. It's like being angry at the sun for being hot.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,312.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
The Spirit of God brings the knowledge of Love, Compassion, Forgiveness, Mercy and Service to others.

The knowledge of man brings hate, killing, war, jealously, separation, fear, disfunctional, ect, ect. Do you see that you have relied on these same images to justify the acts of your God in the Old Testament. To my eyes, that speaks volumes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.