South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have watched the last few Grammys and I recall the of the sinful nature and thus anti-Christian "nature" of some of the performances. Some of it was quite blatant. As a Christian, I found it quite shocking to say the least. Has the Grammys become less so? I notice that it has become less about just shock value and all things ungodly and more about the music. Is my assessment correct?

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I’m not a fan of the Grammys. Mind you, I think I have only watched it once...ever.
But thanks to the news updates that automatically pop into my phone, I read about how politics and despacito stole the show.
I agree with this just being about shock, money and attention. Nothing else. Pure and simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Even if you look past the "non-Christian" (i.e. vulgar/decadent/anything goes attitude and proud of it) angle of much of music today, music is in a sad state from a simple musical perspective. Pick a genre, they're all floundering badly. Rock is on life support, jazz is dominated by painfully unoriginal elevator music, most modern country music isn't even country music, I could go on.

And even if THAT weren't true, I abhor awards/award shows. Politically dominated (meaning it's who you know etc etc), self-promoting garbage to the point of nausea. And all glorifying the poopfest that is modern music today. No thanks. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0