Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As I have returned to these books in my adulthood, I have been shocked by how accurate and insightful these books are.

When I originally read Brave New World in high school, I vividly remember thinking that I had been introduced to the meaning of life. What exactly it was, I couldn’t have articulated, but it had something to do with John’s decision to live a life apart from the technological comforts provided in the “brave new world.”

Along with that book, I also remember reading 1984, by George Orwell, and Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury, also dystopian novels that seemed like ominous warnings about what the world may look like someday. What I later learned is that these authors were not necessarily talking about the future; they were writing about things they were already observing.

As I have returned to these books in my adulthood, I have been shocked by how accurate and insightful these books are. The authors saw in seed form what has now blossomed into concerning realities. The advancement of technology has only enhanced the ability of the powerful to enforce dystopian ideals. Here is a (very) brief look at what each book got right.

1984 by George Orwell​

Continued below.