Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I know the AOG carries an incorruptible message and retains the necessary oversight for every Church to maintain soundness. If I were to ask for some sort of status of the Church, it would have to include oversight itself.

Has the GB-AOG experienced any noticeable changes in the last 40-50 years?

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
At the AoG Great Britain national conference this year,our new national leader,Glyn Barrett have had vision for us as a movement. He looked at where we have been,where we are now and where God is taking us. Here is a brief summary. Let's pray into what God is doing,as we push forward into the more He has for us. PAST: Rediscovery of our Pentecostal Roots. An honour culture for our older ministers. PRESENT: Growth over the decade. Instigate a health check. Re-evaluate. FUTURE: Leadership development. Church health. Mission' (AoG Great Britain) ....I will expand on this later!

Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
When I was a student for the first time, I regularly attended an AoG church with my student friends which I attended on a Sunday.
Sometimes I was asked to play the piano for the service. I loved their warm welcome and their spontaneity. Someone would start singing a song and everyone else would join in. I used to listen to the song to try and learn it by ear and then I would join in. If anyone was going through any difficulty, if they were suffering, their Christian brothers and sisters would take good care of them and would regularly pray for them.
I loved their their passion for reaching out to the lost. I remember the night a homeless man came through the door, they sat down and gave him a cup of tea and biscuits and within an hour they had found him a bed for the night in the local area. Months later, I saw the same man in a street and it was clear his entire life had turned around. He looked well. He looked happy. He had found a home, a new job, and even had a girlfriend with him.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I first went to an Assemblies of God church when I was 14 and was assured of my salvation as I publicly confeesed Christ as Saviour and Lord. I found like 'Anthony a warm welcome and loving church family!

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I know an AoG church in Norfolk where I used to visit with friends. It was a very friendly church, a real sense of family. The minister was very quietly spoken but preached excellent sermons and definitely had everyone's attention. Everyone would gather together at the end for a cup of tea. The pastor would make sure he went round to chat with everyone and often he would give words of encouragement.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
May I add, personally, reflecting my coming to this very point of my life in the Lord, if my walk needed guidance, the AOG structure was oh-so much more prone to be surrounding God's revealed word/will than other settings outside of it. For after a good jaunt spent making well-rounded denom-visitations, the further from resemblance of AOG norms I got, the more I experienced the text's absence of response.

The AOG's teaching interests must never waver from 1. Life in the Spirit and 2. The Spirit's enlightenment for both scriptural instructor and layman alike is one of those things we hope never does see change.

From there, I suppose it is logical to question with sensitive guard, 'If the Spirit is being tapped to rather compete with the point of more need of prayer than that of the praise of glory 'without spot or wrinkle' and prayer over Her plagued headcount', it would gen-up disapproval for such a report, and rightly so. Still, to walk in truth is to not wander.

From there, your 'leadership' is so vital. Then further is, what level of providence has captivated leadership to willingly accept as most vital? It is almost as though we might be providing such an invitation that exceeds God's adding to the Church 'such as should be saved' if we are not careful.

I don't think that alone is a bad report, but a health outlook.

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'AoG Great Britain is a Pentecostal movement that believes that every individual can and should have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and have the opportunity to be part of a local vibrant church' (AoG Great Britain)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Guest Speaker at the coming National Conference of AOG GB is Dr. Samuel R Chand. 'Who would have thought that when 'student',Sam Chand was at Beulah Heights Bible College in 1973,as janitor,cook and dishwasher that he would return in 1989 as the Principal! He will be sharing the Word.of God at the AOG GB Conference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.