• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Asperger Jokes

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just heard that a Dr Weiz is taking up Dr. Asperger's mantle. Will we now be known as Weiz-Asperger's?
Always with the Weiz cracks...!

Upvote 0

Rachel96

May 23, 2013
Australia
✟18,466.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have found a 5th subtype of Asperger's. It's characterized by the guy who's always gagging on his vegetables. It's called Asparagus' Syndrome.

I had a friend once who, upon finding out that I had Asperger's Syndrome, convinced herself that I was allergic to asparagus. In all fairness to her, however, she had just moved from New Caledonia (a French-speaking nation near Australia), and the French word for asparagus is "asperge".

(On a side note, she was the only one I allowed to mispronounce "Asperger's". He was an Austrian, people, and you don't have a soft 'j' sound in German! He wasn't French, and I'm not an asparagus!)

I once had a social worker/ psychiatrist who told me that I should go into stand-up comedy... Apparently she thought I was very funny, something about timing? But she only ever said this when I was complaining about how strange and annoying Neurotypicals are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jackmt

Dec 10, 2011
Missoula Montana
✟16,271.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I once had a social worker/ psychiatrist who told me that I should go into stand-up comedy... Apparently she thought I was very funny, something about timing? But she only ever said this when I was complaining about how strange and annoying Neurotypicals are.

I recently went to an all-day seminar/lecture by Rudy Simone, author of Aspergirls and other books. I told her a bunch of Aspie jokes. She was very grateful for the material; she likes telling jokes in her lectures, but didn't know many.

The thought occurs to me that you or someone who fancies himself a comedian could get a gig at Autism/Asperger conferences. All you need is a routine or timing if you are good at ad lib. I would love to hear a good comic Aspie act. It was suggested to me a couple times that I should write for The Big Bang Theory. The character Sheldon is based on a real person with Asperger's, but they don't say so because they would feel a responsibilty to portray Asperger's accurately.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
These jokes are hilarious! But I can't think of any, which is weird because I used to be funny in what I suppose is a typical Aspie sense of humor. I think what happened was that all of my "humor" was just too mean-spirited. I'm actually kind of glad that I stopped, since it wasn't self-deprecation humor or anything, and I feel really bad for what I said about people :(

And I don't watch the Big Bang Theory, but my mom does. That's fine, I suppose, but I don't want everyone thinking that we're all just like Sheldon. For example, he's apparently afraid of birds. I love birds! After having so many issues with labels and identity, I just want to be a person who happens to have Asperger's, not a separate human sub-species. I'm just a person :)

As for jokes, I'll think of one later.

Upvote 0