Sep 6, 2003
Macedonia
Visit site
✟10,534.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Well, I can answer these. Alto and Tenor sax are different because the Tenor Sax is slightly larger than the Alto Sax and can reach lower notes. Conversely, the Soprano Sax is bigger than the Alto Sax because it is smaller, and designed to reach higher notes--Kenny G plays this one most often. There is also a Bari-Sax which is lower and bigger version of the Tenor sax. Think choir and the family of saxophones will sing a wonderful harmony. Alto-Sax is the standard one people are used to seeing, so it is most well known.

Christian Comedian Mark Lowry wrote "Mary Did you Know". Nice song, and Mark is an accomplished singer as well as a funny guy. He sometimes sings with the Gaithers if memory serves.

Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How can a musician make it in ministry
IMHO, the only way a musician can "make it" in ministry-- by which I'm guessing you mean music ministry-- is if God leads him/her into it. Although it doesn't really seem likely, someone could be the most phenomenal musician on the planet, and feel called to serve God in a different ministerial capacity...God often works in ways we can't understand. I think it's common for people to really want to serve in a specific ministry (music, drama, etc.), but the reality is that God will lead each of us to a spiritually fulfilling ministry where HE wants us. Practice hard and pray hard, and heed the call! :pray:

waat does it take for one to be a seasoned musician especially were there is passion and a lack of talent?
A lot of time, patience, and hard work in the practice room is needed to hone your abilities. It's also very important to play with other musicians as much as possible to develop important ensemble skills (listening, communication, etc.) and build confidence. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

OnceDust

Let go and let God
Sep 6, 2003
Macedonia
Visit site
✟10,534.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
How can a musician make it in ministry and waat does it take for one to be a seasoned musician especially were there is passion and a lack of talent?

I knew a missionary from Africa who interned at my college ministry. He was so passionate about his faith. His musical knowledge consisted of 3 or 4 songs and 2 guitar chords. He played them everytime, everywhere. It didn't matter that he was or wasn't a seasoned musician. He sang with his heart, and even the kids in detention centers, who wouldn't sing otherwise to save their life, or just rap, sang along and outloud with him.

Who he was and how he did these simple songs made it successful for his ministry. God will use who you are as you are. Don't worry if you aren't good enough. I hate trite sayings, but the addage, God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called. He will make you who you are suppose to be for the ministry you will do in His service.

Don't forget about Moses who didn't feel qualified to speak out against Pharoah. God said he would provide for that, and He did and sent Aaron with him to be the voice for the work He did. Just do your best, and let God do the rest.

Blessings

Upvote 0

ListenerFriendly

I Am My Own Adversary...
Mar 25, 2006
The Westward End Of An Eastbound Sh
Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think it's common for people to really want to serve in a specific ministry (music, drama, etc.), but the reality is that God will lead each of us to a spiritually fulfilling ministry where HE wants us.

Ture, we also have to remember that God implants dreams and desires for certain ministries. The major point is "Is this where God is leading?"

ROCK ON

Upvote 0

mushowani

Jan 16, 2007
Bulawayo
✟8,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thank you Guys for the pieces of advice you have given. May God bless you, coz I was really wondering how I can make it into the music industry. It also seems I am a good composer but I lack guidance and mentoring. I enjoy music and it takes me high into the throne room. It is sweet to my ears and it is food to my soul and my spirit. My kind of music is that which is deep and loaded with meaning.... like that by Women of faith, Hillsong and Hear the Music [from Zimbabwe ]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

radrick

Oct 12, 2007
Mid-west
Visit site
✟15,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I new here, so I don't even know the question. I'm an old rocker from way back. I was playing the Whisky, Roxy and all the LA clubs when Van Halen and all the great 80s bands were just starting. I missed the boat because I needed money and started playing covers. Oh well. No regrets.
God Bless You all, Rick:wave:

Upvote 0