Asbury Awakening's Impact Ongoing, One Year Later: 'An Overwhelming Glimpse of God'

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

It's been one year since the biggest U.S. revival in more than 50 years broke out at Wilmore, Kentucky's Asbury University. Although it lasted only two weeks and two days, the impact was felt far and wide, not only on campus but around the world.

Asbury President Dr. Kevin Brown says there's still a feeling of expectancy in the air, even a year later.

"Our students continue to be hungry. They continue to lead. They've gone and they've shared, we've had over 50 groups go to different ministries and churches, both in the United States and overseas," Brown said.

For 16 days and nights, students and others worshipped and experienced the presence of God. What began as student-led prayer at a scheduled chapel service on February 8, 2023, led to something extraordinary.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is great. I think personal experience is valuable, and I commend their specific pursuit of holiness as it is undrstood in the holiness tradition. But when does it start feeding hungry mouths, helping the sick, visiting prisoners, etc. It's been a year. Have those kinds of things resulted? I don't know.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It's been one year since the biggest U.S. revival in more than 50 years broke out at Wilmore, Kentucky's Asbury University. Although it lasted only two weeks and two days, the impact was felt far and wide, not only on campus but around the world.

Asbury President Dr. Kevin Brown says there's still a feeling of expectancy in the air, even a year later.

"Our students continue to be hungry. They continue to lead. They've gone and they've shared, we've had over 50 groups go to different ministries and churches, both in the United States and overseas," Brown said.

For 16 days and nights, students and others worshipped and experienced the presence of God. What began as student-led prayer at a scheduled chapel service on February 8, 2023, led to something extraordinary.
Meh. Doesn’t impact me, though I’m sure those who went probably enjoyed it. Not so much a quantifiable news story, but an advertisement for a religious event.

• Wow
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

It’s generated wide interest. I expect as so much around us is already in the toilet that those who still listen for His voice will reprise that event with even more frequency. How could we not?

• Agree
Upvote 0